Limp Gawd
would it be posible for me to get it with this setup

nf7-s 2.0
mobile 2600+
crosair pc3200 ram
artic silver 5
SP97 heatsink
60cfm fan

I dont see why not as long as the chip will do it.
stock 200mhz ram should take ya 13 multi and your done...just up your voltage.

Yeah, the setup seems fine.. as long the psu is fine.

The primary variable here is the processor. OCability as you know varies... Don't be disappointed if it stops short of 2.6 ghz though.

Most are hitting 2500 without issue. They start making alot of heat above about 2400, but I believe they're rated to take around 90C. Don't be too alarmed if they get up pretty high. I'm on water, and mine idles @45C, and hits 52C when it's been at full load for more than anm hour. Don't be disappointed if you don't hit 2600 though. I've got a second 2600+mobile that won't go over 2500 MHz even with 1.95v.

NewBlackDak said:
Most are hitting 2500 without issue. They start making alot of heat above about 2400, but I believe they're rated to take around 90C. Don't be too alarmed if they get up pretty high. I'm on water, and mine idles @45C, and hits 52C when it's been at full load for more than anm hour. Don't be disappointed if you don't hit 2600 though. I've got a second 2600+mobile that won't go over 2500 MHz even with 1.95v.

damn and here I was bitching about my chip seeing 45c under load and that is 2.6ghz @ 1.975v LOL

mine does it.

keekles.gif

it should be noted that i have to have insanely high voltages to get it that high, along with my tornado fan at full power.

Visable-assassin said:
damn and here I was bitching about my chip seeing 45c under load and that is 2.6ghz @ 1.975v LOL
45 is plenty cool. My ol 300A was up around 70 sum. But we tourcherd that poor thing :D

my 35w mobile will do 2.6GHz but i need to use a tornado at full speed and i don't like the noise.

2.5GHz is pretty standard on the "XP-M" chips, but anything above that is going to involve luck and lots of airflow.

Visable-assassin said:

Yeh, I think I've surpassed what this little Maze3 can handle. My water temp rise is barely noticeable, so I think the block is unable to remove the heat from the processor anymore.

felix88 said:
my 35w mobile will do 2.6GHz but i need to use a tornado at full speed and i don't like the noise.

2.5GHz is pretty standard on the "XP-M" chips, but anything above that is going to involve luck and lots of airflow.

or water. :D

i got the parts coming on tuesday. w00t.

These OC's are crazy. Ohh well.... Not doing an upgrade for a while.

NewBlackDak said:
Yeh, I think I've surpassed what this little Maze3 can handle. My water temp rise is barely noticeable, so I think the block is unable to remove the heat from the processor anymore.

I think that topped with you live in TX. I'm sure your ambient temp is not as cool as we (me being from AZ) as we'd like it. I get around the same temps as you @ the same voltage. Though I have a maze4, but that seems to be the only different. I idle around 46 and hit 53 full load. Stupid summer heat :mad:

would it be better if I got some pc3500 ram? I'm going to be getting a koolance exos after I get a 6800 later on this summer and get rid of all these fans

I got a good powersuply so I dont think that would be a problem just hope I get a good chip

Swat said:
I think that topped with you live in TX. I'm sure your ambient temp is not as cool as we (me being from AZ) as we'd like it. I get around the same temps as you @ the same voltage. Though I have a maze4, but that seems to be the only different. I idle around 46 and hit 53 full load. Stupid summer heat :mad:

You're probably right, but I'm trying to justify buying a TDX! :D

I'm wanting a M pretty bad. I wonder if I could get 3 ghz w mach 1? Guess i'll have to try.

my 35W 2400 will do just under 2.5 at 1.7-ish. dunno really. it's cause my mobo (a7n8x deluxe rev1-ish) really sucks and craps out at 200fsb, and 198 (what i'm at) is kinda marginal. and it has the 4-bit encoded multipliers (basically, i can't get over 12.5x multi) i'm trying to pinmod it to get the higher set of multipliers so i can actually push the freaking chip. i mean, i'm on water, i may as well USE it, right? my alpha + 80mm stealth could do this speed no problem.

one of the newegg reviews for my chip has a guy with it at 200x15 on a machII so i'd say you'd have a decent chance of getting 3ghz with a machI. and yes you have to try:D

you should be able to do it pretty well because you won't have either of the limits my board has with the nf7-s (or the freaking 1.775 vcore voltage cap... i want my volts dammit!)

This one in 'ere (IQYHA) will hit 2.7 @ 1.95 & watercooling on my friend's DFI/Maze4 rig. He got one on account of me letting him try this one, but ended up with an inferior stepping for not hopping on the bandwagon, and he's (only) at 2.5 ghz right now.

Me? I'd love to get more out of it, but I find it unstable past 2.3ghz with this lousy Thermaltake SilentBoost I've got on there - But ... 2.3ghz isn't bad for a $70 CPU! It certainly trounces things clocked much higher (on the Intel side of things, anyways) and doesn't perform too badly in comparison to A64 - especially when the price is considered.

I still think that a Mobile AthlonXP is the way to go, for the price? This rig will *definetly* handle Doom3/HL2. I'm planning to upgrade possibly, the video board, depending on what kind of numbers I get out of it.

I'll have to pitch it all for an A64 setup later, though.

Swat said:

Im in El Paso...we understand heat very well here...summer time it aint shit for the heat to get to the point where your cars A/C dont work very well if at all. Or a houses evaporative cooler doesnt work...it gets to like 85-90f here at friggin 11:00am ! So I understand heat as well LOL stupid desert !

rogue_jedi said:
one of the newegg reviews for my chip has a guy with it at 200x15 on a machII so i'd say you'd have a decent chance of getting 3ghz with a machI. and yes you have to try:D

hmmm...im may have to call BS on that guys claim...mobile bartons can only do 13.5 or 14 on the multi...unless hes some how modding the socket or chip itself...I know damn well I cant get no 15 multi on a mobile onmy NF7-S which will unlock pretty much any chip you throw in it...

oh and to those who were thinkin bout switching to a TDX... do like I did and get the S-TDX....oh its like sex on silk im telling ya !

Visable-assassin said:
...im may have to call BS on that guys claim...mobile bartons can only do 13.5 or 14 on the multi...unless hes some how modding the socket or chip itself...I know damn well I cant get no 15 multi on a mobile onmy NF7-S which will unlock pretty much any chip you throw in it...
You need to try the tic-tac D23-Fire2 bios. I've had no problem at all using the higher multi's with it.

I got the one with good stepping from excaliberpc.com. I have mine running stable at 2.5ghz, 1.65vcore, with just a Zalman CNPS7000A-CU. Its a great cooler and barely audible at highest rpm setting. Lookin at MBM5, ATM my case temp is at 22C and cpu idle temp is at 34C. That temp rises fast of course when i play city of heroes at full settings to around 45-47C.

NewBlackDak said:
You need to try the tic-tac D23-Fire2 bios. I've had no problem at all using the higher multi's with it.

nah im on the D22's or some shit if I remember right.
if those will work on my NF7-S without hosing my SATA :p email em to me dude
[email protected]

Isn't the native multiplier on the 2600+ mobiles 15 (15x133). As 133(266) is the native bus speed on the mobile bartons.

i think the default multiplier (according to the bios) on any mobile chip is 5. the 15x multiplier comes from the powernow software in windows, which adjusts the multiplier based on cpu load and heat. the motherboard may have something to do with it, but i think that you need either a motherboard with 5-bit encoded multipliers (such as the nf7-s i believe) or the powernow software, but you can't overclock with that enabled because the chip has to be recognized as a mobile for it to work, and you need the default settings to get it recognized as a mobile.

anyway.

none of the mobiles have access to multipliers above 12.5x on 4-bit encoded multiplier motherboards AFAIK. i could be wrong (correct me if i am too)

rogue_jedi said:
any mobile chip is 5. the 15x none of the mobiles have access to multipliers above 12.5x on 4-bit encoded multiplier motherboards AFAIK. i could be wrong (correct me if i am too)

Cant speak for 4 bit but on the NF7-S the highest I can go is 13.5 any higher and it resets everything to 6x100...fun stuff :) 14x seems to hold sometimes then not...so I dunno what the hell is goin on

Cant speak for 4 bit but on the NF7-S the highest I can go is 13.5 any higher and it resets everything to 6x100...fun stuff 14x seems to hold sometimes then not...so I dunno what the hell is goin on

Is this w/ regular BIOS?

Visable-assassin said:
Cant speak for 4 bit but on the NF7-S the highest I can go is 13.5 any higher and it resets everything to 6x100...fun stuff :) 14x seems to hold sometimes then not...so I dunno what the hell is goin on
Try that BIOS I sent you. I just tried 15x133, and it worked fine

NewBlackDak said:
Try that BIOS I sent you. I just tried 15x133, and it worked fine

When I get home bro
Im not running 133FSB tho...try 200mhz or above but when I get home Ill check it out :)

i have a 2500+ mobile @ 2.4ghz with 1.81v core, its runs at around 123F under full load, if i put my case door it will goto 150F in about 30 minutes. I'm not that worried, my old tbird 1.33ghz ran at 125F for 3 years straight. I stopped upping it after i got it stable at 2.4ghz, its plently fast compared to my old computer.

mcryptic said:
i have a 2500+ mobile @ 2.4ghz with 1.81v core, its runs at around 123F under full load, if i put my case door it will goto 150F in about 30 minutes. I'm not that worried, my old tbird 1.33ghz ran at 125F for 3 years straight. I stopped upping it after i got it stable at 2.4ghz, its plently fast compared to my old computer.

holy bejesus man 150f !! on a mobile !
My 1.4 T-bird ahyja would do 1.6ghz @ 1.9v and on an alpha pal 8045 with 50cfm sunnon id never see above 125 under load on a normal day....the highest I ever saw was 130f...im glad I moved over to water LOL

Visable-assassin said:
holy bejesus man 150f !! on a mobile !
My 1.4 T-bird ahyja would do 1.6ghz @ 1.9v and on an alpha pal 8045 with 50cfm sunnon id never see above 125 under load on a normal day....the highest I ever saw was 130f...im glad I moved over to water LOL
God damn! That got to be like half the temp of a Prescott (LOL sorry couldn't resist)
Seriously though you should look into WC that puppy, thats some scary temps.

CrimandEvil said:
God damn! That got to be like half the temp of a Prescott (LOL sorry couldn't resist)
Seriously though you should look into WC that puppy, thats some scary temps.

oh I dont see temps anywhere near that high any more my friend...thanx to this baby :D

stdxinside.jpg

Nice! but my comment was directed at the guy (mcryptic) who's CPU I could roast marshmellows over :D
What block is that BTW?

Visable-assassin said:
When I get home bro
Im not running 133FSB tho...try 200mhz or above but when I get home Ill check it out :)
What I run normally is in my sig, but I wanted to try the 15x to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Visable-assassin said:
oh I dont see temps anywhere near that high any more my friend...thanx to this baby :D

stdxinside.jpg

i'm jealous. i got the copper one. should be here tomorrow. w00t!

NewBlackDak said:
What I run normally is in my sig, but I wanted to try the 15x to make sure I wasn't crazy.

wow these are really setup alot differant than I had before LOL.
yeah I can get a 15x133 too...however Im too anxious to get a game going right now to really sit down and goof with them :p
one thing I have noticed is I cant do 2.7ghz anymore with these :confused: I used to be able to hit 13.5x200 with no problem...now it wont let me LOL
oh well Ill fuck with it later :p

flak said:
i'm jealous. i got the copper one. should be here tomorrow. w00t!

I saw the silver one and fell in love with it...didnt bother to look at anything and just hit the buy button LOL This thing kicks some major ass over my modded TC-4 Rev2 (which is for sale;) ) Now I just need to make time and get a little testing going with the different nozles....Im useing the #4 right now...and it does well however Im interested in trying the #1 (hi flo) and see if it gives better temps...then again Ill probalby goof with it when I get my 939 FX-53

Back