260.63 via Nvidia are up!

Anyone else give them a try?

Can you run SLI on one main monitor while having two extra monitors still on? I thought this was available in the last release but I always had the the monitor connected to the secondary card turn off when SLI was enabled.

Last edited:
Any word on FFXIV improvement. Still disappointed that the 5870 bests the GTX 480 in this game.

Serious BFBC2 performance improvements, its actually enjoyable to play now.

been using the leaked beta version, I am very please with driver. BC2 stutter seems to be less, or its my illusion...

WOW, that was a big improvement to the install process! No more Driver Sweeper... that's integrated into the installer, now!

This is a huge update. Not just the installer, but tons of Surround and 3D fixes. In-browser 3D support has finally been added. I'll let you all know if I have problems.

I have asked for examples of 3D-support websites:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=180600

I can't get YouTube to work... I don't know what other 3D websites exist outside of 3D video.

The BFBC2 performance improvements are no illusion. My GTX 460 is much better:

launch driver: 1280x960 DX11 all high plus HBAO, 4xMSAA, not very smooth but playable

latest driver: 1280x960 DX11 all high plus HBAO, 4xMSAA plus 4xTRSSAA, VERY smooth even with the higher eye candy turned on.

This is a huge difference, and I applaud Nvidia for making things work (eventually).

Err.. is it just me or is anyone else having problem extracting this driver? i'm getting 7 zip error. Even uninstalled 7 zip and it still gave me that error

Performance increase is good but this driver did not fix stuttering in game.
How long has fermi been released for?
New driver fixed flickering but still stutters and downclocks to 405Mhz.
handful of people still having problem at nvidia forum too.
90fps to 40fps...huge drop

I haven't noticed any performance increase with this release, but it's nice to see new drivers coming out since what seemed like forever (july)!

I haven't noticed any performance increase with this release, but it's nice to see new drivers coming out since what seemed like forever (july)!

Yeah, it almost seems like Nvidia is just releasing a driver every time they release new hardware :D

This driver is for the GTS 450, and the previous driver was for the GTX 460. Guess we'll have to wait for more new hardware for the next update!

Yeah, it almost seems like Nvidia is just releasing a driver every time they release new hardware :D

This driver is for the GTS 450, and the previous driver was for the GTX 460. Guess we'll have to wait for more new hardware for the next update!

They might pick up more during the holidays with the need to add more SLI profiles for games that release between now and the end of the year.

NV surround setup is much MUCH easier and more intuitive now. I havent seen a performance difference on SLI 480's on NV surround tho...yet.

I have yet to get NV surround to NOT bsod on my rig with these new drivers. I even tried a completely fresh Windows install and still get the same results as soon as i try to enable surround. I suspect it might be having a problem with the gts250 on my co-op card, going to mess with it more tonight after work.

Noticed a substantial performance increase in bc2 with these on my 480 and my brother's 280. The odd slowdowns are completely gone.

Tested again on another clean install, this time with the gts250 disabled. BSOD immediately as soon as I open Nvidia Control Panel. Uninstalled, installed 258.96's without issue. Definitely something up with these drivers and my configuration. Based on the plug identification weirdness of my 275 co-op, I'm guessing they don't like it. Might try swapping card positions later, so that both ports are used on the co-op instead of just one.

I can also confirm a very nice boost in BC2 from the previous drivers on my single 470. I had turned down the settings to med all around (after having them almost maxed on my 5770) and couldn't understand why I was stuttering so bad. Running maxed again without issue. Testing was all done today as well.

Side note: every nvidia driver I've used on this card has always black-screened on me as soon as I click Uninstall. It's usually fine after a hard reboot and the driver is uninstalled but it makes me anxious when it just dumps me out like that. With these new betas I didn't even need to reboot after installing them.

These drivers do not address my issues with BF:BC2 udner XP X64 with a GTX 460.
The stuttering is improved from the point where the game was completely unplayable, but it still disrupts my game too much to make it enjoyable. Looks like I'm either stepping up to a 470 or back to my 280.

The stuttering is improved from the point where the game was completely unplayable, but it still disrupts my game too much to make it enjoyable. Looks like I'm either stepping up to a 470 or back to my 280.

Why not try or test a standard/current/supported OS instead? XP64 was, and always has been, the redheaded stepchild of the group. Just because the drivers say they support that OS doesn't necessarily mean they do.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that XP X64 was unsupported ... oh wait ...
If the drivers say they support the product, then they damn well better do. I'm far from the only one who has had trouble with a 460 and certain games stuttering badly (I get it in Mafia II as well, but only when driving) so I fail to see why it's all of a sudden my fault or something for using XP X64, others have had issues in Windows 7 (yes ... really ... even though it's quite clearly the best OS ever).
The reason I haven't tried or tested another OS is that I'm perfectly happy with the one I have, and I'm not changing it until something better, for me, comes along.

Great, then we'll never know if the problem is the OS in this case because there couldn't be any other contributing factors. :rolleyes:

apparently living under a rock is cool.

I'm open to the possibility that the issue is related to either the OS, drivers or the card itself. I'm testing the card tomorrow under Windows 7 X64, on a completely different machine, to rule out the card, and I'll probably try swapping it with another 460 just in case. I'd much sooner keep my 460 than change to another card, and the fact that these drivers have improved my issues does give me some hope. For reference, my GPU usage in BC2 is now 40-60%, I can't recall what it was with 258.96 but it was definitely less.

Just a note - I'm only trying to give my input on the new drivers, and maybe solve my issues. Attacking me for my choice of OS is unnecessary and really doesn't help.

BF BC2 is still having issues in DX9. They are looking into this now. DX10/11 is fixed with this set, but they know DX9 is still an issue....why the frack are you using Windows XP with a dx11 card??

Performance increase is good but this driver did not fix stuttering in game.
How long has fermi been released for?
New driver fixed flickering but still stutters and downclocks to 405Mhz.
handful of people still having problem at nvidia forum too.
90fps to 40fps...huge drop

In nvidia config, 3d application settings, set power management to optimal instead of adaptive. problem solved

And I never had problems with bbc2. just turn hbao off. Who needs real time light anyway? 80+ fps with drops into mid 60's.
max settings 1920x1080, 16Q AA.
32x AA works fine 2 but it's just overkill. That's the old drivers I haven't tried the beta yet.

No one is attacking anyone, clearly it was a comment about the unwillingness to admit that it could be the OS holding you back. As a result you didn't like the fact that there could be truth to that theory and became quite defensive.

The reason I haven't tried or tested another OS is that I'm perfectly happy with the one I have...

Hopefully your OS isn't the problem, otherwise I sure wouldn't be happy with it.

BF BC2 is still having issues in DX9. They are looking into this now. DX10/11 is fixed with this set, but they know DX9 is still an issue....why the frack are you using Windows XP with a dx11 card??
Thanks for the info. I guess my card won't show any issues tomorrow with Win7 then, nor will changing the card help. I'll just have to wait for new drivers. In answer to your question, I'm using XP X64 because no other OS that's out there meets my needs better.

@00PS - I'm not looking for an argument at all, OK? The "living under a rock" comment ... not what I'd call friendly. If the OS is what's holding me back, fine, but everything I've read and seen suggests a driver issue, not the OS. I just don't see why you immediately point the finger of blame at the OS rather than anything else. If that's getting defensive, then OK, I'm defensive, but I call it looking at the logical suspect first.

He's right though. There's a huge benefit from dx 10 and 11. fps, stability...
He could have put that in different words i guess...
Hope you will like your new gaming xperience. DX9 is so over...

The point is, it probably is a driver issue. Unless you have the capability of recoding driver software (please don't take to much offense to the sarcasm), your only alternative is to upgrade the OS - should that be the ultimate problem. As I and others have stated, the direct x versions could be what is borking up the performance.

What are the specs of your system, is the cpu or gpu overclocked?

Back