256 GB Agility 4 Tiger Direct $99 AR

that is a great price. wow!

and yeah, the site is getting hammered... lol.

Not even working now imao...I got through PayPal now I'm trying to FINISH the gosh darn thing but it won't let me!! NOOOO!!! :(

YES! My purchase went through!! Ended up being ~$117 with tax (stupid TigerDirect charges tax in GA...) minus $10, so $107 for 256GB is perfect :DD

Never got one online. Too bad I am out of town and cant go to my local store

I would get another ocz ssd if their drives aren't garbage in terms of durability... Had 2 die on me within a year.

agreed. I got to checkout and talked myself out of it. lol

same, know how many awesome games one could get with $100 during all these sales? Long as you have a non ocz ssd to play them on :D
I know it's 40-50 more, but the sandisk/intel/kingston offerings would offer a better peace of mind, especially the intel
Also they are on newegg/amazon, while I tend to avoid TD

I have installed the Agility 4 128GB in a couple PCs in the last two months, and I immediately flashed the firmware to the newest one, and both of those have fun flawlessly. The owners of the machines love the speed.

I bought this one for my own personal Core2Duo laptop. Don't want to sink too much money in an older laptop, and I trust the newer firmware from OCZ, so I went with this option at $100.

It appears most of the bad reviews on Newegg are from older firmware issues. The newer reviews are for the most part very positive. That is an important thing to remember when reading reviews of SSDs, check to see if there is a difference between newer reviews and older reviews. Just because a ton of people had problems with an earlier FW version doesn't mean it is a bad drive now.

I have installed the Agility 4 128GB in a couple PCs in the last two months, and I immediately flashed the firmware to the newest one, and both of those have fun flawlessly. The owners of the machines love the speed.

I bought this one for my own personal Core2Duo laptop. Don't want to sink too much money in an older laptop, and I trust the newer firmware from OCZ, so I went with this option at $100.

It appears most of the bad reviews on Newegg are from older firmware issues. The newer reviews are for the most part very positive. That is an important thing to remember when reading reviews of SSDs, check to see if there is a difference between newer reviews and older reviews. Just because a ton of people had problems with an earlier FW version doesn't mean it is a bad drive now.

OCZ has a track record of shipping product that does not work out of the box causing HAVOK for people like you and me. My time is not free. I'd rather spend more money on a proven product in which the company cares about the consumer rather than making them beta testers.

OCZ has a track record of shipping product that does not work out of the box causing HAVOK for people like you and me. My time is not free. I'd rather spend more money on a proven product in which the company cares about the consumer rather than making them beta testers.

I agree with your sentiment. But it seems like the "Beta testers" were the people who posted the bad reviews in June/July. 15 of the 16 one egg reviews were in late June - early August. All the rest of have been positive since the new firmware releases. So it appears the Beta testers have already had havok wreaked on them, and now we can enjoy the fruits of their pain for $100 or $0.39/GB!

I agree with your sentiment. But it seems like the "Beta testers" were the people who posted the bad reviews in June/July. 15 of the 16 one egg reviews were in late June - early August. All the rest of have been positive since the new firmware releases. So it appears the Beta testers have already had havok wreaked on them, and now we can enjoy the fruits of their pain for $100 or $0.39/GB!

Seconded, the ones in my machines have been flawless.

Yeah, this is why Black Friday is a huge scam these days.

TigerDirect has the drive at $99
Then they "Sell out" Out of Stock
Then they are back for $114.99 after a $10 MIR

Last edited:
These drives work great for me, but the tax at tiger direct makes it a non-deal for me unfortunately.

Yeah, this is why Black Friday is a huge scam these days.

TigerDirect has the drive at $99
Then they "Sell out"
Then they are back for $114.99 after a $10 MIR

Its fine if they say the deal is over but calling it out of stock is I guess a bit misleading.

Its fine if they say the deal is over but calling it out of stock is I guess a bit misleading.

Maybe they just have to inventory items differently - put the number of items you want sold at the "deal" price in one bucket, the rest in the other. Then they just need to go in and switch buckets once the first is sold out?

Idanno, it just seems to me like everyone is being harsh. I see no foul play here. Everyone works like said scenario.

Back