$254 w/ Rebate: i5-4590, ASUS Z87-PRO, HyperX Fury 8GB

Board seems to be finicky about memory according to reviews. Still a good deal though.

What's up with the single dimm??

Yeah I noticed that too, kinda dumb. Why on earth wouldn't they just put a 2x4GB kit in the combo instead? I'm sure they're sitting on lots of 2x4GB kits from various manufacturers and they're only going to have more now that DDR4 is gaining momentum.

If you want to buy a matching stick to make it a dual channel configuration it will set you back another $45....

Yeah I noticed that too, kinda dumb. Why on earth wouldn't they just put a 2x4GB kit in the combo instead? I'm sure they're sitting on lots of 2x4GB kits from various manufacturers and they're only going to have more now that DDR4 is gaining momentum.

If you want to buy a matching stick to make it a dual channel configuration it will set you back another $45....

Because everybody buys dual channel kits. They probably need to move all the large capacity single DIMM kits that are sitting on shelves.

I should have bought this.

Upgrade for my G3258, sell G3258 with the mobo and ram = cheap quad core upgrade fo rme.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back