250mm fan in the side - pros/cons?

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
is it worth it? really that quiet? really that much better cooling?

i'm torn

Well, it's strange the 250mm fans didn't become mainstream yet. Considering the fantastic features / performance.

I know this thread is a month old but I had to respond. Simply put : they cool very well, not only a spot like the northbridge or something, but the entire case - and the noise they generate is quieter or the same as a regular 120mm fan.

How clever you have to be to choose this ? More air / better cooling with less noise .

Some people complain about the newer mainboard with passive cooling . But with a case equipped with 250mm fan - it's a perfect solution.

I would say that a side fan screws up your front-to-back airflow, but if you need direct cooling for an SLI setup or motherboard cooling as he said it would be ideal.

I would say that a side fan screws up your front-to-back airflow, but if you need direct cooling for an SLI setup or motherboard cooling as he said it would be ideal.

With a 250mm side intake I would consider having the rest of the fans as exhaust.

Exactly. Remember, a 250mm fan is 4x the size of a 120 fan.. its HUGE.VERY QUIET. all other fans are exhaust.

I love mine.

Pretty old post..

The only con is replacing it when it fails, buy a spare from the case manuf if you can. Othewise as mentioned above they are wonderful.

Back