250mhz shows up as 130mhz?

neisius

Gawd
So I finally got all my new parts and started having some fun :D
I wanted to see if I could get 250mhz at 2.5-3-2-8 with my Redline 2x1gb. Well I think it's stable but for some reason 250mhz is showing up as 130mhz.
mem130mhz.jpg

It's safe to say that I am running at 250mhz with scores like that right?
and I'm guessing the only fix is probably a bios update. I guess that's what I get for buying a mobo that just came out.
Other then that these Redlines look like keepers :cool:

what, if any, divider are you using?? it could be fuckin CPU-Z up, in which case, id say your definately doing ddr500 2.5-3-2, your scores seem a little low for 2.5-3-2, but that could be attributed to a few things.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
what, if any, divider are you using?? it could be fuckin CPU-Z up, in which case, id say your definately doing ddr500 2.5-3-2, your scores seem a little low for 2.5-3-2, but that could be attributed to a few things.
The "250" divider...I think that was 4:5. It was the highest divider. Next time I reboot I'll check again.

ahhh, you probably are at 250 2.5-3-2, just lower efficiency because your doing a 4:5 divider. rest assured your ram is doing dddr500.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
ahhh, you probably are at 250 2.5-3-2, just lower efficiency because your doing a 4:5 divider. rest assured your ram is doing dddr500.
sweet. Yeh I plan on OCing the cpu soon. Just trying to see what kind of timings I can get outa this ram at stock speeds.

I think it's a CPU-Z error. Just raise your CPU's FSB to 250MHz and run the RAM 1:1. Should solve the erroring :)

Bona Fide said:
I think it's a CPU-Z error. Just raise your CPU's FSB to 250MHz and run the RAM 1:1. Should solve the erroring :)
it's strange because it's not just CPU-Z. Memtest and sandra also show the same thing.

cpu multi = 11
htt = 200mhz
memory ratio = 4:5

Wouldn't even boot DDR500 at 2-3-2-8 :( :D
time to raise the htt

the memory divider is 9 in that case, so your ram mhz will be cpu/9, for ~244.5mhz. bandwidth still seems a bit low though, that's what you should be getting with your ram close to 200mhz

(cf)Eclipse said:
the memory divider is 9 in that case, so your ram mhz will be cpu/9, for ~244.5mhz. bandwidth still seems a bit low though, that's what you should be getting with your ram close to 200mhz
Well I saw a bandwidth increase going from 200mhz to "130mhz". And this system does need a reformat and these old harddrives are holding me back...if that makes any difference.
I have a long long ways to go till this system is done and nothing but time to finish it.

I have the same problem with mine. However I'm getting about 1200MB/s more than that...odd.

Stock multi and CPU MHZ, Memory set as DDR500 with 3-3-3-8

XSNiper said:
I have the same problem with mine. However I'm getting about 1200MB/s more than that...odd.

Stock multi and CPU MHZ, Memory set as DDR500 with 3-3-3-8
single core scores better in memory benches than dual, but not that much better. i think neisius has some programs running that are sucking up a touch of bandwidth. also, the hard drives have nothing to do with a memory bench :cool:

Ok sorry guys, I just ran it again and got 5850MB/s so I must have still had that 25mhz "turbo mode" on still. :rolleyes: I had the average programs running, like bitcomet, aol, and zonealarm.

(cf)Eclipse said:
single core scores better in memory benches than dual, but not that much better. i think neisius has some programs running that are sucking up a touch of bandwidth. also, the hard drives have nothing to do with a memory bench :cool:
just wanted to say I reinstalled windows and I'm up to ~6400mb/s. I got a 400mb/s boost from OCing my CPU and 200mb/s from reinstalling windows. Not bad

Now if only I could get this stupid sat dish to work :mad:

Back