2500K @4.9ghz Prime stable, back off OC for temps?

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Got my 2500K stable in Prime95 blend. Now my question is should I run it there or go back to 4.8 where I had lower temps? (Pics below) I ordered another Blademaster fan for the 212+ so I can run a push/pull setup on it, which should help a little with temps too. Would re-applying thermal paste help or am I in the good range on temps for both?

4.8GHz 1hr Prime95 Run

At the end of 5hrs on 4.8 the Highs were 70 76 77 72

4.9GHz 3hr Prime95 run

Last edited:
The cpu got build in thermal measures which will slow it down any time it gets too hot. If its stable then leave it like that. It has a low voltage leak so they can go high. Some oaks got to 5.7 but that where it ends with the multiplier.

Run 3dmark 01 on it. sandy bridge platforms was on its way knocking the E8600 of its throne but the 5.7 wall prevented it from doing so

The cpu got build in thermal measures which will slow it down any time it gets too hot. If its stable then leave it like that. It has a low voltage leak so they can go high. Some oaks got to 5.7 but that where it ends with the multiplier.

Run 3dmark 01 on it. sandy bridge platforms was on its way knocking the E8600 of its throne but the 5.7 wall prevented it from doing so

3dMark 01? I just ran it after Prime95 and got 73,221 on Default.. not sure what to compare that to lol

Nice!

So do the 2500k and the 2600k both have the same TJ Limit of 98 Degrees?

I believe the Sandy Bridge chips are at TJMax 98. I'm going to try for 5.0ghz maybe later this week. Temps will be high of course, but I was told that Prime95 will BSOD and/or shutdown if it feels the clock isnt stable.

Actually your computer should shut down if it gets too hot.

Drop PLL voltage...it's excessively high at 1.9. I'm running a 4.6GHz OC with PLL at 1.6v which shaved off 3-4 degrees. PLL voltage also doesn't seem to affect your overclock stability btw.

Back