2500+ owners, what are you getting?

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
dont ever run any distributed programs EVER.

Why...PLease elaborate....Seems like a pretty blanket statement so I am sure you have a logical reason!!!

I think he was using the torture test and not actually trying to find mersienne numbers.....

If prime95 errors then you have an issue plain and simple...try to use the older version 22 as the newer version 23's have really complicated the program and 23.7 is known to have bugs...22.12 is and has been claen of bugs for some time....

Prime95 is a simple program where it calculates a numebr and compares it against the knwon answer...The fact is your computer can't do that then you have a problem....

I guess if you only game then don't worry about it...However if you run some disributed computing programs like SETI and FH then you likely send WU's that have errors and are just a waste of their time getting them.

Originally posted by Duvie
Why...PLease elaborate....Seems like a pretty blanket statement so I am sure you have a logical reason!!!

I think he was using the torture test and not actually trying to find mersienne numbers.....

If prime95 errors then you have an issue plain and simple...try to use the older version 22 as the newer version 23's have really complicated the program and 23.7 is known to have bugs...22.12 is and has been claen of bugs for some time....

Prime95 is a simple program where it calculates a numebr and compares it against the knwon answer...The fact is your computer can't do that then you have a problem....

I guess if you only game then don't worry about it...However if you run some disributed computing programs like SETI and FH then you likely send WU's that have errors and are just a waste of their time getting them.

You just answer your own question. :p

When you cannot properly compute simple mathmatics correctly that have known answers already, when you run something important like F@H, you start sending back some bad results. That means that the WU you return has to be reprocessed.

I have my 2500+ at 2.3 ghz for folding. It primed stable for several hours (18, I believe), so I know that I'm sending accurate WU results to Stanford. :)

You allready answered your own question man. LOL

Sorry....I thought you were bashing distributed programs...

I see your point now, but it was a big vague as which way you may have meant it....

I see your point now, but it was a big vague as which way you may have meant it....

No, no, we are VERY serious about DC here. :)

I agree, it was vague. I think that the mandatory 'You'd better not be running F@H' statement needs to include an explination about stability, and math by default. :)

you havent been around long enough to see me be a prime nazi at times :p
he said that prime was gay so he uninstalled it and went back to playing games, thats why I said dont ever run any dist. apps.
you pretty much got two different people.
1. Those who run prime and want to be 100% stable for everything.

or

2. Those who just want to play games and nothing more.

its htose number 2 people that end up running some F@H and sending in bullshit units that everyone else has to fix :mad:

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
No, no, we are VERY serious about DC here. :)

I agree, it was vague. I think that the mandatory 'You'd better not be running F@H' statement needs to include an explination about stability, and math by default. :)

perhaps ill stop posting for the night LOL this drinking is catching up :D

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
perhaps ill stop posting for the night LOL this drinking is catching up :D

lol Might be a good idea. ;) Drinking the good stuff? :p (Is really hating being underage... ;))

Thanks for the rec's. Pity they arnt in good ol' sterling.

*Goes in search of british suppliers*

Originally posted by dewhite
In my experience - when prime95 isn't stable, there is something you can do to fix it.

What kinda voltage are you running, and how about mem timings?

(PS - hope you don't mind me prying. I know that alot of people don't care about prime, but to me if it isn't running then there's gotta be something ya havent' tweaked just right yet.)

No, I don't mind you prying at all. :cool:

Right now i'm running 10.5x200 at 1.8v. I'm pretty sure it's stable at 1.75 and maybe a little below, but something weird is going on between (I think) my sound card and the IDE PCI Card I have in there that was causing windows to not boot, and now the IDE card isn't being detected. It's stable at this speed, ran prime95 for 9 1/2 hours. It could've gone longer I guess, but I stopped it when I woke up.

The most amount of voltage i've tried giving it is 1.85 I believe. I could try some more, and maybe upping the RAM voltage too. My timings are 6-3-3-2, that's reading from the top down in my BIOS.

Originally posted by Tetracell
No, I don't mind you prying at all. :cool:

Right now i'm running 10.5x200 at 1.8v. I'm pretty sure it's stable at 1.75 and maybe a little below, but something weird is going on between (I think) my sound card and the IDE PCI Card I have in there that was causing windows to not boot, and now the IDE card isn't being detected. It's stable at this speed, ran prime95 for 9 1/2 hours. It could've gone longer I guess, but I stopped it when I woke up.

The most amount of voltage i've tried giving it is 1.85 I believe. I could try some more, and maybe upping the RAM voltage too. My timings are 6-3-3-2, that's reading from the top down in my BIOS.
9 and a half hours is a pretty good bet it's stable. So, it's stable at 10.5x200, but not [email protected]? hmm... I was gonna guess those timings were problematic (pretty lean) but if it's stable at 10.5x200 then upping the multi shouldn't stress the ram more...

9 and a half hours is a pretty good bet it's stable. So, it's stable at 10.5x200, but not [email protected]? hmm... I was gonna guess those timings were problematic (pretty lean) but if it's stable at 10.5x200 then upping the multi shouldn't stress the ram more...

Are they? This is the first time i've ever even had the chance to touch RAM timings, so I put what it was rated at in the bios. At least, i'm pretty sure. And yeah, the fact that I can't hit 11x200 is a bit odd. I mean, back when I had my KX7, I was at 2.2ghz and a lower FSB. Now, at 2.1 at 200fsb, it's fine. I don't understand why it won't let that 100mhz just slide in. Maybe i've just reached the limit of the proc. I'll still try fooling around with some things though, I suppose.

First 2500+ was unlocked and it wouldn't oc for shit - literally. 100mhz out of it max at all times.

The next 2500+ i got was locked but it does 3200+ at default voltages. Waiting to get my motherboard back ( i fried it moving it to a new case ) so that I can try to get the sucked up to 11x210 - 11x220 :D

Either way I'm going to sell it off and build myself a p4 system - hyperthreading is godly.

Just a bit aside but, in relation to him mentioning that he was considering upping his ram voltage; I found out that when I upped my ddr voltage, I could run more aggressive timings. Now, what do I have to worry about if I do that? Is it possible to cause immediate permenant damage? Or, if the system runs stably with the ddr voltage upped a little bit, is the ram going to be fine?

Also on that note, regarding F@H, how can one be entirely sure that they're not going to be sending in broken workunits? Like, if my system is 100% stable and can run prime95 for an indefinate amount of time, is that a pretty good reason to believe that I won't be sending in BS F@H WU's?

see sig

1.95v on water

AQYFA week 43

i wish i had my aqxea week 31 back :( but i guess i still cant complain

2.2 ghz (11x200) @ Vcore 1.5 volts Memory @ 2.7 volts and set at aggressive. CPU temp 97F @ idle, 121F @ full load. Case temp 77F @ idle, 94F @ full load.

Figured I might as well contribute to the thread.

I am getting 3200+ speeds with 11 X 200 with 1.8v.

My temps are a bit high under load hitting high 50's Degrees C.

I am going to be watercooling this setup to reduce noise and temps. :) I can get 11 X 206, but my temps are just high right now and I don't want to stress the cpu too much. When I get the watercooling and if temps are low I will prolly even get more than that out of it. I will come back and update my post or something.

EDIT!:///////////////////

I am now on water and my cpu is chilly (25 degrees C) under load @ 3200+ speeds and I have it at 2.3ghz right now (21mhz fsb) and it hits maybe 26 27 under load.

At 2.3ghz though my memory is poopin out, but I am still tweaking it and playing with settings to see where all the best performance is. :)

2.205 ghz at 1.7 volts and prime ran overnight (8 hours) with no errors. I have a week 49 barton on air cooling with the aerocool dp102.

Originally posted by Spewn
Just a bit aside but, in relation to him mentioning that he was considering upping his ram voltage; I found out that when I upped my ddr voltage, I could run more aggressive timings. Now, what do I have to worry about if I do that? Is it possible to cause immediate permenant damage? Or, if the system runs stably with the ddr voltage upped a little bit, is the ram going to be fine?

Also on that note, regarding F@H, how can one be entirely sure that they're not going to be sending in broken workunits? Like, if my system is 100% stable and can run prime95 for an indefinate amount of time, is that a pretty good reason to believe that I won't be sending in BS F@H WU's?
Running a slightly increased ddr voltage (like 1 or 2 tenths of a volt) shouldn't concern you too much. Of course, as with overvolting any item in your case it puts addition EM & heat stress on the memory - but like I said 1 tenth is nothing to worry too much about.

As for the matter of SETI packet integrity - I would say that if you can run the blend test in prime95 for a great length of time with no errors (I test for 24 hours) then you would be doing your part to make sure you aren't messing up berkeley space science lab's efforts...

Locked week 47 @ 11x200, stock everything with generic PC2700 in the middle of summer. Not too shabby so far ;)

mine is week46, 11x200 1.7v, it ran smoothly for 10 hours. hadn't experienced a crash thus far

Originally posted by Dojo | Warlord
week 0330 AQXEA @ in sig:

43°C full load on 92mm Tornado w/ MCX462-V.

I think I have the same stepping as you. That's a damn good OC, I wish I could hit it. :cool:

Originally posted by md262626
2.2 ghz (11x200) @ Vcore 1.5 volts Memory @ 2.7 volts and set at aggressive. CPU temp 97F @ idle, 121F @ full load. Case temp 77F @ idle, 94F @ full load.

Wow, is it prime stable at that vcore? I wish i could undervolt it by that much and have it run prime stable (at 1.625 it's not stable but not really noticeable, at 1.65 is stable for me). Awesome chip, wonder what it can do with higher voltage, or maybe stock voltage.

2.47Ghz, 11.5x215, 2.0v, It ran a BF1942 server for over 2 weeks straight.... is that stabel enough?

Originally posted by Tetracell
I think I have the same stepping as you. That's a damn good OC, I wish I could hit it. :cool:

Thanks. Yea, the letter code is XPMW, 0330XPMW, still the same or?

The full load temp may seem low for air cooling with 2.0 Vcore and 2.4GHz, but its because my case has good air flow and the 92mm Tornado on it (119 CFM) helps, lol. But it's loud...oh well. Getting used to it. :p

Mines running 200x11 @ 1.625v 2.2gigs :)
No problems.. I'm gonna do the voltmod on my Epox 8rda+ soon and see how that goes

Barton 2500+ 11x200 @ 1.75v blue screens at anything less
2x 512 Mushkin lvl2 pc3500 2.5.5.11 @ 2.8v

Prime dosn't run worth shit but games run fine...
thinking about getting a differnt barton to try...not sure if its worth it.

Originally posted by KomraD
Barton 2500+ 11x200 @ 1.75v blue screens at anything less
2x 512 Mushkin lvl2 pc3500 2.5.5.11 @ 2.8v

Prime dosn't run worth shit but games run fine...
thinking about getting a differnt barton to try...not sure if its worth it.

Give her more voltage, then try Prime again.

I have one in my secondary comp. post mult lock so its at 11*200. So 2200Mhz at 1.7 V prime stable doesnt like to go much higher, using a 10$ heat sink off new egg. Im pretty happy with it.

AXDA2500DKV4D
Z361557241169
AQYFA0343XPMW

Running Prime stable @ 2.2Ghz 1.61-1.63v(according to CPU-Z) and dual-channel Mushkin PC3500 LvL 2 @ 200mhz 2-2-2-11 2.8v. I wonder how high this baby can go...:D

I'm sure most of y'all have seen it before.

AQXEA 0330 RPMW "Y"

Prime and 3DMark'01/'03 stable at 2.82GHz/2.08v.

Water-cooled.

Back