2500+ owners, what are you getting?

Tetracell

Limp Gawd
Since I finally got my NF7 and Corsair XMS in, i've had all the parts put in, re-formatted and got windows back up to regular. I decided to go straight for 11x200, since that was what I bought everything to do. I OC, go into prime95 and do a stress test. I get about 30 seconds before hitting an error. I've tried moving the voltage to about 1.8, and that gave me a bit more time before hitting an error. If I move to 10.5x200, it doesn't crash immediately, but I haven't run it for long (I plan on doing that tonight if I can).

Do I just have a dumb proc. that won't do much? Should I try upping my FSB at the lower multiplier? Or perhaps giving it a bit more juice? Any input appreciated.

My 2500+ barton(don't know what week it is, but it's post-lock week) does 2035 rock solid stock voltage stock AMD hsf. My ram is holding me back a fair deal though, as even though it's rated as ddr "400" ram, it can only do that with SUPER ass-tastic timings. Anyone wanna buy 2 256 meg sticks of ddr ram that you can throw in your mom's pc? :p

I'll post again sometime once my watercooling rig is up and running.

I had to do 1.8 to get my proc running 2.2Ghz, I can't run Prime95 but all my games and apps work perfectly so I don't really care if I can't run mathmatical calculations over and over and over...

If it runs what you want, screw prime :)

Originally posted by Roach
I had to do 1.8 to get my proc running 2.2Ghz, I can't run Prime95 but all my games and apps work perfectly so I don't really care if I can't run mathmatical calculations over and over and over...

If it runs what you want, screw prime :)

It does, I guess. I haven't got much game time out of it since I just finished formatting a few hours ago. My analy-retentive friend swears by it, and I usually do. This is just weird :mad:

2.3ghz right now my 80gb hard drive is dying out due to my high PCI bus speed...ANYTHING that requires alot of hard drive access (like loading up RTCW enemy territory) causes my drive to make a "clunk" sound then my system stops...ordered a 120gb drive to replace this one...should be here tomarrow since i had it over nighted.

2500+ @ 3200+ 1.8V
"Y" chip .....

Upgrading to Abit NF7-S Rev. 2 to get more out of her.

2500 (Multi Locked) @ 3200+ 11 x 200 = 2200mhz Stock Voltages :) More Specs in sig

If it runs games fine why worry about a program that does mathmatical calculations? Lots of people here will say if it doesn't run Prime stable for X hours then you will HAVE to bump it down to run. As far as I am concerned this is just for a piece of mind and not much else. Oh your system may be 100% stable but so is someone who ONLY plays games, yet his system failes Prime. If your system is stable as a rock with what you do with it why worry?

Mines multi locked running at 11x185 at the moment on stock cooling. Got my water block, etc. on the way though...

i just got my 2500 after sending back a 2700 Tbred for it. its been an hour that i been messin with it and its only stable at 175x11 (its locked). pretty crappy so far but this is only my second CPU, so maybe ill figure it out.

what i dont get is why its so much harder to OC than the 2700. that thing did 215x11 perfectly, prime for a day and half with my
mem at 2-3-3-7.

btw, i cant even run CPUBurn on this thing at default speed. reboots my machine in about 10 seconds.

11.5x200 runs prime stable at 15+ hours(when i stopped to call it stable) at 1.75 Vcore(which ultimately is lower do to the mobo undervolting it), but of course you wont find 2500's like mine anymore:D

12x200 calls for an insane amount of voltage for air cooling(1.875 and up) so try to stay away from it unless your on H2O

The one I built a friend was a think a week 43 locked 2500+ Barton...i oc'd it on a DFI NF2pro Ultra board....

I hit 2.2ghz or 3200+ at 1.7v set in bios or 1.67v actual prime tested 48 hours.....I dropped the bios to 1.675v and it ran prime for 6 hours before I stopped it but I left it the 1.7v cause I new I had tested it.

It did 2.3ghz at 1.7v and ran through all the test...Much past that and the ram was the limiting factor as he wanted to cut cost and got cas 2.5 geil pc3200 and i told him to get cas 2 hyper X Pc3200...will ultimately I couldn't get cas timings low enough and I wasn't about to vhane the divider...

Ultimately the goal was spend 90 bucks and get a 3200+ 400fsb chip with 400ddr synch memory...That is what I gave him...he can go from there....

Just got my week 34 2500+ uo and running at 11x215 on stock cooling =) Running prime right now, it idles at 45C and load is 52-53C, been about 10mins and it is performing admirably.

I don't even remember what stepping mine is, and I had just looked before putting it back on. AXQDA or something like that? I bought it at newegg maybe... this past summer/fall? I can't remember. I had it at 2.1 / 175fsb or something like that on my KX7. Maybe I need to just fiddle around with it a bit.

I was able to hit 11x200 at stock voltage

I need 1.75v for 11x215

and 1.85v for 11x220

But ever since I changed my PSU I have to run at 1.875v for 11x220

Originally posted by * illusion *
Mines multi locked, have it doing 2.2GHz though.
Ditto, though my chip (AQZEA 0341) needs 1.7v to do it. 205x11 requires 1.75v... I have a bad chip :(

Originally posted by Tetracell
Since I finally got my NF7 and Corsair XMS in, i've had all the parts put in, re-formatted and got windows back up to regular. I decided to go straight for 11x200, since that was what I bought everything to do. I OC, go into prime95 and do a stress test. I get about 30 seconds before hitting an error. I've tried moving the voltage to about 1.8, and that gave me a bit more time before hitting an error. If I move to 10.5x200, it doesn't crash immediately, but I haven't run it for long (I plan on doing that tonight if I can).

Do I just have a dumb proc. that won't do much? Should I try upping my FSB at the lower multiplier? Or perhaps giving it a bit more juice? Any input appreciated.

Well it´s hard to compare since we all run different mem timings and bios settings but I with memory set for speed not high fsb and cpu interface enabled have gotten up to 11x210.

My 2500+ is extremely demanding on voltage though so I am running at 2 V. Higher I won´t go I want it to last at least 1-2 years more.

Mine hardly do stock speed at stock voltage.

Originally posted by oqvist
Well it´s hard to compare since we all run different mem timings and bios settings but I with memory set for speed not high fsb and cpu interface enabled have gotten up to 11x210.

My 2500+ is extremely demanding on voltage though so I am running at 2 V. Higher I won´t go I want it to last at least 1-2 years more.

Mine hardly do stock speed at stock voltage.

My mem timings are (going from the top down in NF7 bios) 6-3-3-2. And I agree it's hard to compare, but it's always good to see what others are able to reach. Last night I left prime95 running when I went to bed, and just turned it off 9 1/2 hours later. No errors. This is with my CPU set to 10.5x200 (2.1ghz). I set the voltage to 1.825 I think, but it's going a little over. Maybe the chip just didn't care for the high multiplier? I'll have to wait until after work to try some more, but at least I know i'll be stable at this speed.

Originally posted by Tetracell
My mem timings are (going from the top down in NF7 bios) 6-3-3-2. And I agree it's hard to compare, but it's always good to see what others are able to reach. Last night I left prime95 running when I went to bed, and just turned it off 9 1/2 hours later. No errors. This is with my CPU set to 10.5x200 (2.1ghz). I set the voltage to 1.825 I think, but it's going a little over. Maybe the chip just didn't care for the high multiplier? I'll have to wait until after work to try some more, but at least I know i'll be stable at this speed.

My BARTON can´t handle lower multipliers than 11. 10,5 is a no go even at 180 fsb.

My week 43 does 2.2Ghz at 1.775 fine...It fails prime every time, but I can run Sandra arithmetic benchmark in 20 loops and never fails. I can also play ut2k3 hours on end, the only difference I see is it gets up to 45c for playing that long.

I can get it to 2.3Ghz at 1.825, but it fails prime and sandra both, and I cant play any game for more than an hour or so with out my computer locking up.

Maybe I just put too much emphasis on Prime. I'll have to do some testing tonite to see if games and such will at least run proper.

2.2, i think my cheapo ram is holding me back. I can do like 208x11 but prime\ folding errors. But works fine in apps and gaming

BTW mine is a unlocked AQEXA0331

mine is at 11.5x200 @stock voltages and im sure it could go higher if i had any reason to make it go higher (vid card is bottlenecking it right now). it fails primes, but this thing has never crashed on me or anything like that so im not too worried about it.

My 2500+ was at 11x200 (2.2) on stock cooling @ 44C idle..

I added an SP97 with a custom fabricated 92 x 92mm tornado and I'm at 11.5x 200 (2.3) @ 26C idle without having to even touch memory, vcore, or anything else.. I'm quite happy and think I got a pretty good chip :)..

2500.jpg

temp.jpg

Originally posted by Roach
You running at 201 FSB? Whenever I'm just at 200 it gives me 199.47 instead so I only get 2194 Ghz very annoying. :confused: Could just be my PSU but who knows.

I was lucky and i plugged it in and it was already set all i did was take screenies

I can't believe noone has asked tetra about his PSU yet. Pretty often if you are pushing medium to high voltage and keeping temps in check - yet still experiencing instability you can look at that 3xx watt PSU of yours.

I was getting by with my antec 350 until I put this raid array in - now i'm shopping for a new 400+ watt quality PSU.

Originally posted by dewhite
I can't believe noone has asked tetra about his PSU yet. Pretty often if you are pushing medium to high voltage and keeping temps in check - yet still experiencing instability you can look at that 3xx watt PSU of yours.

I was getting by with my antec 350 until I put this raid array in - now i'm shopping for a new 400+ watt quality PSU.

I bought a new PSU along with the motherboard and RAM, because my old 320w that came with my previous case just wasn't going to cut it. I ordered a 450 Antec (not truepower) that seems to be doing fine. Like I said, I could just have a chip that won't accept those multipliers and not fail on Prime. Though I should try running maybe 3DMark2001 a few times / overnight, or play some games for a while to see whats up.

In my experience - when prime95 isn't stable, there is something you can do to fix it.

What kinda voltage are you running, and how about mem timings?

(PS - hope you don't mind me prying. I know that alot of people don't care about prime, but to me if it isn't running then there's gotta be something ya havent' tweaked just right yet.)

ya, i did prime95 and it ran for about a minute and stopped... i was like this is gay so i uninstalled it and went back to playing Far Cry and battlefield... dont worry about stuff unless it starts crashing or having problems or running slower..

-warsaw

Originally posted by warsawtag
ya, i did prime95 and it ran for about a minute and stopped... i was like this is gay so i uninstalled it and went back to playing Far Cry and battlefield... dont worry about stuff unless it starts crashing or having problems or running slower..

-warsaw

dont ever run any distributed programs EVER.

Back