$250 Budget - Which Monitor?

Deathwish238

Limp Gawd
I have a $250 budget and have been searching for a new monitor for quite some time now. Cheaper is better, I would rather spend $150 if possible.

For $250, are there are non TN panel LCDs? Are they all pretty much the same in pq? I'm hoping to get a 24" monitor but would rather get a 21" with a better picture than a 24" with a lesser picture.

So far, I'm leaning towards the Asus VH242H. It seems like the best value. I like that it has built in speakers, I don't plan to buy speakers for my desktop.

I do some gaming but rarely do I watch movies. No noticeable lag would be nice.

Dell 2209WA if PQ/Image uniformity is your top priority. It uses an e-IPS panel, not TN. There's a very, very large thread on the forums about it, go check it out. Input lag isn't an issue for me at all, and ghosting/blurring is negated compared to many other 60hz displays due to it's ability to run at 1680x1050@75hz.

Dell 2209WA if PQ/Image uniformity is your top priority. It uses an e-IPS panel, not TN. There's a very, very large thread on the forums about it, go check it out. Input lag isn't an issue for me at all, and ghosting/blurring is negated compared to many other 60hz displays due to it's ability to run at 1680x1050@75hz.

+1. The 22" Dell 2209WA (e-IPS) for $230 is a very good deal.

I'm also looking at the Asus VH242H, anyone know how bad the back light bleed is? Are the blacks actually black?... there's a pretty good deal going on at zip zoom fly right now making the total cost $150 after MIR.

Coupon code: dad15 to get $15 off instantly ends 6/12/09!
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010377&prodlist=celebros

Extra $30.00 Rebate
$30 Rebate Offer! Receive $30 by mail on orders of $100 and over when you checkout with eBillme. Valid for first time use of eBillme at ZipZoomFly.com.
https://about.ebillme.com/index.php/about/zipzoomflycom

Being a 23.6" TN panel, the VH242H will look vastly inferior in picture quality to the 2209WA. In terms of picture quality under $250, the 2209WA rules all by a country mile because it's the only IPS monitor for that price.

Don't forget there's random Dell coupon codes going around, like 10-15% if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure you can find some somewhere, not sure how often they hand these out though.

Also my vote goes to the 2209WA as well since I have one myself and love it.

Yeah all the coupon codes I found are dead. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any of them. They expired a few days ago :(

Sorry to kind of highjack the thread, but what if the resolution is more of a priority. I was looking at the T240HD and the Asus Mk241H. It seems like Newegg dropped a bunch of 24" 1920x1200 monitors from its site. No BenQs or anything.

Sorry to kind of highjack the thread, but what if the resolution is more of a priority. I was looking at the T240HD and the Asus Mk241H. It seems like Newegg dropped a bunch of 24" 1920x1200 monitors from its site. No BenQs or anything.

I wouldn't buy a monitor from Newegg in the first place. Their return policy sucks: minimum of 8 dead pixels.

Ah you are right. That does suck. Their prices are great. Grrrr. How about Amazon? ZZF? Who else? I have always had bad luck with ZZF.

Back