25 Most Influential People on the Web

HardOCP News

[H] News
BusinessWeek has made a list of the twenty five most influential people on the web for 2008. There aren't really any surprises...Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Apple CEO Steve Jobs, and Craigslist founder Craig Newmark all made the list as did Rupert Murdoch and Jon Stewart.

Each year, we turn to readers and BusinessWeek staff for the Best of the Web list, asking them to contribute names for a list of the Internet's movers and shakers. Take a look at the slide show to see which people have the most impact on the Web these days.

Surprised I'm not there; strange.
:p

It was an ok list. Kevin Rose should've been higher up, Digg ftw!

I don't really agree with the list. They had some traditional folks on there such as steve jobs (anyways, anyone notice how sick he looks?)

Interesting list....sadly about half of the people on that list I've never heard of.....:confused:

I don't really agree with the list. They had some traditional folks on there such as steve jobs (anyways, anyone notice how sick he looks?)
Yeah, some of them seemed like they were thrown on their just because computer/electronics related. I wouldn't really calssify Steve Jobs as being one of the most influential people on the web.

I've never heard of techmeme before. But every computer guy I talk to knows of [H]. Bad list.

I have to agree about disagreeing with the list.

I also agree with the disagreement. Moot didnt even make the list, what nonsense. 4chan's stupid lolcats alone have had more influence on the interwebs than all of those people on that list.

Misnamed as "on the web" - these people influence the web and the companies that are behind significant web sites but they themselves are not all on the web. The bloggers and such are but the business people are not.

I find it odd that BusinessWeek would use the term "muckracker"! Who racks muck? Muckraker, maybe... (whatever happened to knowing how to spell? Or using a spell checker for that matter?)

Don't think Craig Newmark is in anyway influential, and Jerry Yang? how could Yahoo be on the list? hmmmmmm maybe the most destructive to his own organization

Back