25 Invisible Benefits of Gaming While Male

Pardon me, but could you point out to me the things that this vast left-wing SJW conspiracy that you are all so afraid of has actually done to your gaming experience?

I'm so sick and tired of the victimization of everything and everybody.

Pardon me, but could you point out to me the things that this vast left-wing SJW conspiracy that you are all so afraid of has actually done to your gaming experience?

1. Tons of games have had characters changed/edited in order to appease SJW's, but all changes only affect female characters, men remain untouched.

2. Tons of gay/transgender characters in games for no reason other to appease SJW's

3. Extreme censoring of language, even so far as hardly anybody swears in games now even for R-Rated titles.

4. Constant pandering from developers by saying "How much we appreciate the gay/trans" community etc, which only turns off other gamers because they're being ignored openly, yet dev's depend on the mainstream people for income.

Best of all? Dev's did this for 2-3 years, and they saw profits were nosediving at mach ten and have since gone back to the way things were, cause they have to make money, and SJW's don't buy games.

It's mostly about people hurting each others' feelings by saying things they don't want to hear about each other. Then it turns into this thing were they invent a reality that doesn't exist where "tons of games have had changes to appease the side they oppose" (and so forth) even though that really isn't the case.

1. Tons of games have had characters changed/edited in order to appease SJW's, but all changes only affect female characters, men remain untouched.

Examples? Be specific. Is there a list somewhere?

2. Tons of gay/transgender characters in games for no reason other to appease SJW's

Again, give examples. The only one that comes to my mind is Mass Effect, in which you can (but don't have to) play a gay character.

3. Extreme censoring of language, even so far as hardly anybody swears in games now even for R-Rated titles.

I've rarely seen swearing in games at any point in time, going back to the 1980s. I think there's more now than there ever has been, but mostly I think they just leave that for human players to do. Maybe you're just one of those people who think it's unnatural to complete a sentence without at least two swear words?

4. Constant pandering from developers by saying "How much we appreciate the gay/trans" community etc, which only turns off other gamers because they're being ignored openly, yet dev's depend on the mainstream people for income.

Got some quotes for that?

Best of all? Dev's did this for 2-3 years, and they saw profits were nosediving at mach ten and have since gone back to the way things were, cause they have to make money, and SJW's don't buy games.

Which 2 or 3 years was this?

If women didn't pretend to be men online, then the female to male population online would reflect the 50/50 ratio we see in the real world.

Some women get stalked online by simply by virtue of the fact that they are the only female in a room full of "males". My ex-girlfriend experienced this effect by being the only openly-female person in a "male"-dominated IRC channel (there were other women there, but they never admitted it in the public channel)

Imagine a world where 90% of the women in real life wear a disguise to appear male. If a women shows up wearing a dress instead of a suit and fake beard, everyone would pay attention to her, not because she is female, but because she is rare.

I bet that if everyone online pretended to be female instead, it would be the openly-male players that would get the "special" treatment (both good and bad) instead.

What's even more ridiculous than the content is the fact that it's paired with effeminate men who have never even seen a pussy, nor ever will in real life.

What!!!??? I've seen pussy, really, I swear I have a girlfriend in Canada.

None of the are examples of men benefiting from sexism. They are only harmful to women, but men don't get anything out of that.

This video gets quite a few things wrong but the one that I would like to address is that we make gamers never have to worry about being harassed or stalked based on our appearance or gender. I was stalked and harassed by a gay man who didn't accept that I was straight and uninterested in him. He stalked me on facebook, constantly commenting on everything I commented on, in a seriously vulgar fashion. I've also been harassed and stalked by females, one of which lied to a girl I went on a date with pissing her off so badly that she got the law involved against me. These things are not just gender specific. They are not just relegated to gaming.

"Examples? Be specific. Is there a list somewhere?"

Mass Effect. Tomb Raider. Dragon Age. Wildstar. Mirrors Edge. off the top of my head

"Again, give examples. The only one that comes to my mind is Mass Effect, in which you can (but don't have to) play a gay character."

Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 2 and 3. The Last of us DLC.

"I've rarely seen swearing in games at any point in time, going back to the 1980s. I think there's more now than there ever has been, but mostly I think they just leave that for human players to do. Maybe you're just one of those people who think it's unnatural to complete a sentence without at least two swear words?"

No, but I know its not un natural to not swear when shits blowing up around you. And swearing in itself isn't bad, its how you swear that's bad.

As for specifics, I've seen a lot less swearing in game titles since 2010. Hell the last game I played that was open in its expression was Brutal Legend

"Got some quotes for that?"

Other than digging up posts from EA/Ubisoft/Bioware?

"Which 2 or 3 years was this?"

The last two-three years, only about last half a year to a year have publishers woken up the fact that SJW's don't buy their games and have gone back to trying to please the mainstream market.

I mean hell, Wildstar dev's went so far to uncater to SJW's they put the giant breasts/hips back on their female characters

All because we want to create a PC minefield around the next Democratic presidential candidate. I hope she fails to get the primary and her competition steps on one of those mines from dropping his guard.

All because we want to create a PC minefield around the next Democratic presidential candidate. I hope she fails to get the primary and her competition steps on one of those mines from dropping his guard.

That is certainly a factor, but it's much more primal than that.

It's about making our tribe win, your tribe lose and then taking glory in the humiliation of those you defeated.

It's easy to justify because to SJWs, the dominant system is evil and oppressive and when you're fighting evil oppressors, you don't have to play by any rules - because evil oppressors are not human beings, they are monsters. Monsters are to be slain, their heads lopped off and paraded through the streets in victory.

If you think they see this as anything less than quite literally that, then you do not understand these people.

I wonder how many girl gamers get told how many people are fucking their mom?

On xbox live, and you are a male, hint, its everyone.

PS: does it look like half these guys dont have arms?

I love the disclaimer up front that if you don't agree with this it's because you are part of the privileged male class and the problem is invisible to you.

First the internet is global and maybe we should address males who still treat women as property before we get carried away on stupid issues. I've been on the internet gaming since 1995 and I am pretty sure a majority of people had no idea what my gender or race was over the years, people online are assholes, not because they are sexist but because of the anonymity they feel the internet provides. If you are getting harassed online because of your sex, race, or gender it's because you aren't doing it right. I guarantee rude assholes online aren't exclusive to gaming, you are basically exposing yourself to humanity as a whole and I am pretty sure I could (and have) gotten myself harassed for pretty much every single aspect of my character that I exposed at one point or another over the years I've used the internet.

That's not how this works. You don't get to hurl unfounded accusations at an entire demographic, and then force that demographic to tell you why these accusations are a bad thing. The video is making extraordinary claims. The burden is on you or the author to prove them, not on us to refute them or explain why we have a right to care.

That's not how this works. You don't get to hurl unfounded accusations at an entire demographic, and then force that demographic to tell you why these accusations are a bad thing. The video is making extraordinary claims. The burden is on you or the author to prove them, not on us to refute them or explain why we have a right to care.

That's the internet arguement theory in a nutshell lately:

-Make wild accusation
-People complain its wrong
-Tell them to prove its wrong

Don't bother, you'll be met with further logic inversion. And if you're really lucky, maybe some exaggerated or highly unreliable data about "rape culture".

So I'm supposed to feel shame because of my gender and/or sexual orientation? But I thought that was a bad thing to burden other's with. Oh, right, double standards. Almost forgot.

I kept waiting for the punch line, then was just left with that "freshly trolled" feeling.....(I was going to close with a teabagging a hoe joke here but did not deem it appropriate.)

End of the day all women complain about guys being dicks and bla bla bla, but they like a cheeky asshole, just one that doesn't treat her like crap. I look at these manginas and can't help but feel sorry for them because they remind me of every friend zoned pushover I knew during my high school and college years.

Funny how everyone thinks these are just random effeminate men. You don't know at least one of them? Tim Schafer!?

They are random effeminate gaming journalists if I am not missing the mark.

End of the day all women complain about guys being dicks and bla bla bla, but they like a cheeky asshole, just one that doesn't treat her like crap. I look at these manginas and can't help but feel sorry for them because they remind me of every friend zoned pushover I knew during my high school and college years.

I could never understand why women seem to prefer a small amount of abuse over no abuse at all.

Gaming is control on a bigger level and making people apathetic lazy with googie eyes after a while if you do too much. Cops like videogames because it puts people where they should be which is home.

I played this video for my wife and she had trouble believing that it isn't a spoof or a parody.

This video is disturbing on several levels, but I can't help but think these sniveling dorks were chosen specifically to be feeble strawmen in lieu of real men. The message of the video is offensive, but it's also offensive that I'm being lumped in with the people in the video, as well as random losers without manners or self respect.

How would would a bunch of feminists feel if I rounded up a bunch of drunken whores to lecture them on how to be nicer to men? Same thing.

Also, I will lay down the gauntlet right here and now, I will take on any five of those guys (preferably five with arms) simultaneously in a cage match for charity (winner chooses). Make it any seven. Eight if you want to include lefty or Sessler.

This group does not care about "change" or actual female gamers, they only care about insulting and suppressing men so they can go to hell.

And I'm serious about the cage match.

Oh good lord people.

Not being willing to admit the possibility that a problem you are willing to see exists.

Too bad we cant push you over to an opposite universe and see how long it takes for you to see it.

I am saying these guys are right or wrong just be willing to admit there may possibly be something to it.

Even if many of you dont see it I have many times.

I don't have time to go through the credits and look up the names to check their occupations, but next to Tim Schafer's name will be "game designer" instead of "random journalist". The rest may very well be journalists, I thought they were likely developers when I watched the video.

Oh good lord people.

Not being willing to admit the possibility that a problem you are willing to see exists.

Too bad we cant push you over to an opposite universe and see how long it takes for you to see it.

I am saying these guys are right or wrong just be willing to admit there may possibly be something to it.

Even if many of you dont see it I have many times.

I doubt anyone here thinks that a problem doesn't exist. The issue some of us "misogynists" comes down to the extent of the problem and the reason for the video. And then there's the issue of if the author is trying to help solve the issue or exploit the issue, and I firmly believe it's the latter.

Here's the deal, male and female, regardless of ethnicity or sexual orientation, get treated like shit on the internet, especially in FPS shooting matches where trash talk is the norm.
I don't play FPS games on console anymore because the 10-16 year olds use language that would make a sailor blush after the first 15 seconds.
Part of the reason I like PC is because MOST of the crowd is older and don't feel the need to be total jackasses. Out of my 11 nephews and nieces under 16, ONE shows any interest in computers, everyone else is Wii, Xbox or Playstation.

A lot of what they describe being done to female gamers sounds like something 12 year old boys would do and it's likely because much of it is being perpetrated by 12 year old boys.

On a different note, the whole trash talking thing that came up in the video, gamers trash talk other gamers, it's what we do. If a male gamer talks shit to another male gamer, it's just the way things work amongst the crowd but if a male gamer trash talks a female gamer he's a misogynist. I'm talking just "normal" trash talking, nothing gender specific. The thing is, it's perfectly fine and accepted to tell another man to suck my balls in the heat of battle but, oh dear god, don't say it to a woman. Where's the equality in that?

A lot of what they describe happens to males to, well not males that look like them though. So I could see how they would make the mistake.

I hate identity politics with the burning fires of hell.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" - Dr. Martin Luther King

How exactly do you hate "identity politics" and then quote MLK?

What better way to disprove gender bias against women than to question the masculinity of the men in the video and then to ponder the possibility as to whether these men have seen women genitalia so eloquently defined as "pussy?"

if the intent was to troll some of you I think they succeeded. :D

Back