24lbs Of Cocaine Found Inside Xbox

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess we know why the Xbox has outsold every other console for the last 18 months straight now. :D

Jamaican authorities have seized 24 pounds of cocaine concealed inside the shell of an X-Box. The man returned to the baggage area, claiming he left a third item. Officials say customs officers scanned and searched the Xbox in his bag and found the cocaine.

Do customs official normally crack open electronics to see what's inside? I'd hate for them to rip apart my $800 laptop only to go "looks clean. Have a good day sir," handing the laptop fragments back to me.

What sort of scanners are there that can scan for drugs? Or perhaps a sniffing dog alerted them to it?

first thing that came to mind

cocaine-bear.jpg

first thing that came to mind

cocaine-bear.jpg

Nice. I have seen a bear that big looking right at me from about that close. Almost shit my pants that time. (Pretty sure I at least browned them a bit)

This time I just laughed.

Do customs official normally crack open electronics to see what's inside? I'd hate for them to rip apart my $800 laptop only to go "looks clean. Have a good day sir," handing the laptop fragments back to me.

What sort of scanners are there that can scan for drugs? Or perhaps a sniffing dog alerted them to it?

Maybe the Xbox had been gutted (hence the use of the term "shell") and so authorities could see the electronic device didn't actually contain any electronics.

I don't travel heaps, but I've been through security and customs in a few different countries including a few times in the US and haven't had a problem with my laptop (well, except one time I forgot I left it in my bag going through airport security and so the security guy told me to take it out and go back through, but it still wasn't a "problem", I just forgot I had it in the bag :p).

Yet parents are probably still more concerned about the violent video games that came with the cocaine filled consoles. :rolleyes:

I would say a 24lb xbox would probably raise suspicion in just about anyone's eyes. Dogs wont always catch stuff if its sealed sufficiently, although I would also imagine an XBox going to an x-ray scanner looking like a solid brick might look a little weird as well. I wonder if they even have those x-ray scanners in Jamaica?

And holy crap, 5 million just to transport the shit?!? How much does 24lbs of coke sell for here in the states (rhetorical question)???!

Wow. I heard Microsoft was going above and beyond to make red ring of death sufferers happy, but DAMN!!!

Out of all the consoles... why an xbox360?

The original xbox is much larger and cheaper to get today.

Out of all the consoles... why an xbox360?

The original xbox is much larger and cheaper to get today.

I'm guessing if you're lugging around a few million dollars worth of cocaine your last worry is gonna be wasting a couple of hundred on the box you carry it in. Maybe they thought an old school Xbox would be more suspicious since it's old and heavy so why would anyone be carrying it with them on a plane.

They randomly swipe bags at amtrak with a paper/towlet thing then scan it through a machine that checks for bomb residue. In addition to having the dogs, but that's usually only out on peak/holiday days.

I'd imagine it's not too hard to do the same for drug residue.

They randomly swipe bags at amtrak with a paper/towlet thing then scan it through a machine that checks for bomb residue. In addition to having the dogs, but that's usually only out on peak/holiday days.

I'd imagine it's not too hard to do the same for drug residue.

Wait, you mean they do that still? I thought they stopped with the swipe testing because they didn't feel it was efficient enough or something. I haven't seen anyone do that for years now.

Great, now it's going to be dried up out here. :(
Had an orgy to go to this weekend too...

Also: 24 pounds will not fit in an xbox IMO. No f**king way!!! (empty shell included)

They probably do when the xbox weighs 24lbs more than it should

They probably do when the xbox weighs 24lbs more than it should

Quite true. I'd probably question the contents of my Folio 13 laptop by putting it on the scale, and then go to hp.com and realize that it's supposed to be about 3 pounds.

I wonder if they even have those x-ray scanners in Jamaica?

And holy crap, 5 million just to transport the shit?!? How much does 24lbs of coke sell for here in the states (rhetorical question)???!

I am from Jamaica, and even though we are broke, yes we do have scanner technology. Contrary to what Hollywood shows you, drugs are in fact illegal here as well. The fact the guy was from Guyana probably raised red flags as well. As for the 5 million dollars for transport, I doubt that he was getting paid in USD. He was probably getting paid in JMD or Guyanese dollars.

This is why I only pack 3lbs worth of ice at time for my mules. Minimizes loses and less conspicuous.

We used to cook the stuff in the desert in an old RV before moving into a state of the art lab under an industrial laundromat. Had to light the place up though after the owner tried to replace us. Don't know what Mr White and I are going to do next.

I only know this because my roommate and I looked it up after watching a documentary. Depends heavily on the state. But that is worth roughly $250k USD. That is pure and it usually gets cut heavily multiple times (down to about 20-30%). Sooooo you can do the math from there.

I only know this because my roommate and I looked it up after watching a documentary. Depends heavily on the state. But that is worth roughly $250k USD. That is pure and it usually gets cut heavily multiple times (down to about 20-30%). Sooooo you can do the math from there.

No one is going to pay someone 4 million to deliver 1-2 million in coke. I think maybe your thinking 250k per pound, which if cut heavily would make that delivery worth over 30 million. What they need to do is wrap up everything to look like dildo's, that way no one would make you open the bag with 30 dildo's rolling around in there.

No one is going to pay someone 4 million to deliver 1-2 million in coke. I think maybe your thinking 250k per pound, which if cut heavily would make that delivery worth over 30 million. What they need to do is wrap up everything to look like dildo's, that way no one would make you open the bag with 30 dildo's rolling around in there.

Or just stick to the old method of cramming as many balloons in your ass as possible, you'd look less gay. ;)

Back