24kt Gold & Sapphires Macbook Air

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
So I've had this sitting in the shop for the last month waiting on the jewelry. I wasn't really happy with the look of the jewelry (the green isn't as dark as I had hoped) but I couldn't stand waiting any longer for different stones to arrive...can't complain too much. Anyway it's done enough to send to Vogue mag this week for a photoshoot...

Working on a second one already for a popular singer.

macbookair1.jpg

macbookair2.jpg

macbookair3.jpg

Lame. And Computer Choppers? Really? Choppers?

If i were to do something like that, i'd do it in White Gold or Platnum.

Thanks for the pictures, I just had a bowel movement, no longer constipated. ROFL

Well I guess unlike most computers some parts will retain their value ;)

So the gold plated MBA is not impressive at all, however it is definitive bling, if I was a pimp I'd use that MBA to manage my hos. The Digg Case is phenomenal craftmanship, it made me start thinking about TLC shows for computers, maybe MTV:

Pimp My PC

This Old Server

Trading Cases

You get the idea...

can you imagin how easy it is to dent and scratch OMG you pick it up and it bends under its own weight ROFLMAO.

Vanity never ceases to amaze me.

You guys would be boned if they started making "gold colored" MBAs :-p

can you imagin how easy it is to dent and scratch OMG you pick it up and it bends under its own weight ROFLMAO.

Uh, it's Gold plated. That means it has, in all likelihood, less than one ounce of Gold, "plated" on top of the Aluminum. (And they had to polish the surface smooth before plating, so they probably removed more than an ounce of Aluminum first.)

Yes, the Gold finish will scratch. But it will not dent any more easily than the native Aluminum will.

Comp-Chop: Another amazing work of bling. I still want one in polished Black Nickel, but it waaaay out of my price range. :-p (Do you have a retail shop in West Linn that I can at least come by and drool over the product?)

I must have mised the "plated" part HAHA yea man I was thinking that it was solid and THAT would be crazy :p

reminds me of a saying

You can gild a pice of crap,
but in the end it's still a mac.

Dislike the gold, love the work. Good quality but not my cup o' tea, but credit given where credit due ;)

Im not sure bling mixes well with smug.

Whether you hate it or not, he's at least doing something different. Which is more than what a lot of the custom makers are doing. It's different, keep it up man. At least you can always say it's been done before. Good stuff, I loved the 24k MBP and I was wondering when you were going to chop up a MBA.

reminds me of a saying

You can gild a pice of crap,
but in the end it's still a mac.

And yeah, this wasn't necessary. You realize there's a spell checker in the upper right hand corner right?

looks beautiful, still only one USB port and no optical drive tho =P

I ll take a swarovski encrusted Eee PC, thnx.

Uh, it's Gold plated. That means it has, in all likelihood, less than one ounce of Gold, "plated" on top of the Aluminum. (And they had to polish the surface smooth before plating, so they probably removed more than an ounce of Aluminum first.)

Yes, the Gold finish will scratch. But it will not dent any more easily than the native Aluminum will.

Comp-Chop: Another amazing work of bling. I still want one in polished Black Nickel, but it waaaay out of my price range. :-p (Do you have a retail shop in West Linn that I can at least come by and drool over the product?)

Ya you're right on the ball there. There isn't a lot of gold in plating. It's microns and it scratches by touching it. Even I'm not for the polished things but for some reason that's what is asked of me. I prefer brushed or something less shiny because I trash my laptops.

Don't have a retail spot or anything, just a small shop that I'm quickly outgrowing (gotta start somewhere right?). I didn't care much to put up the white background for the photos because it was late. Plus it was leaving the next day so I had to take what I could get. Overnighted the package to Vogue mag. Anyway, I'm glad people take to these things, it's exciting for me and allows me to keep modding.

I don't like the jewelry in the apple logo on the back but otherwise another fine job.

QTip42, i do want to clarify, although i think the laptop is almost hideous and flaming, it is excellent work. You certainly have a talent.

Back