24GB of Corsair DDR3 1600 for $55AR at Fry's

That is, a lot of memory lol. Pretty damn nice price though at $55AR lol. Only a $20 rebate too.

Wow, DDR3 ram prices are going down as much as HDD prices are rising recently. The way things are going, I'll be able to just use RAM for my primary storage. :D

FML, why can't I have a Fry's near me. That's a real nice price too.

I have this memory (I bought as 2x 12gb kits tho) and it is nice. Heatspreaders are a bit tall so make sure your cpu cooler will work with them. I am water cooling so it is not an issue.

Damn, I may have to jump on this and put 8GB in the media center and 16GB in the gaming rig. Not that it'll help a damn thing, but its just the [H] thing to do. LOL

not avail in 2 stores ~semi~ clost to me. fvck frys. why cant they and microcenter ship the stuff.

jesus, and I thought getting that 24GB of GSkill for $89 from Newegg was a good deal

I ordered a set then got an e-mail saying it was cancelled 2 hours later. It says there are 0 available now.
I had plans to drive down there to pick it up after work.
Sigh.

Because they are primarily brick and motar stores with all the overhead associated with that business model.

yes i do know this. i know its a gimmick item to get you in their doors, hoping you buy other stuff too.

B&M stores are going by the wayside. they need to get with the times and focus on buyers in totality everywhere. they could sell so much more and do more business.

yes i do know this. i know its a gimmick item to get you in their doors, hoping you buy other stuff too.

B&M stores are going by the wayside. they need to get with the times and focus on buyers in totality everywhere. they could sell so much more and do more business.

What you think is reality and what reality is are two different things. Don't get mad just because something doesn't go your way. It's exactly like the Microcenter bundle deals.

B&M is not going anywhere for a long time. The convenience of being able to instantly get things and exchange/return wrong/defective items is something online stores cannot offer. Besides, if Fry's was to truly try to get into that business, they would have stiff competition from Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect, and other etailers.

B&M fulfills one purpose. Etailers fulfill another. Don't think that your purposes/wants are the only ones.

Anyways, back on topic. Great deal, I would get it if I hadn't gotten the Patriot deal from just after Thanksgiving. That and the fact that the Patriot memory runs at the exact same specs as the Corsair :D

Edit: Also, this was available for shipping. But it was a limited quantity, and sold out fast.

Back