24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

Does anyone know how to get the Delock adapter shipped to the United States? All of the sellers seem to be in Germany, and I can't properly input my US address into the shipping form. TIA!

Also I can use help, I am trying buy one of this DELOCKS so I can mail to taiwan for MOOME but

I DONT KNOW HOW TO SHIP FROM THESE GERMAN SITES TO TAIWAN And I cant covert the pages to english so I can have moome help me, URG ITS DRIVING ME MAD.

Look here http://www.borderlinx.com

I tested some new samples,the new connectors are good,especially one of the two types,two samples can do 354 and 355 MHz (near the DP link limit)
I'm waiting for a new mini displayport adapter because on my card only the prototype works(on GTX 1070 all the samples works perfectly),i'm in contact with Delock for various things about VGA connection,cable type,ecc.
More info later

Im in canandaigua and would love to take it off your hands. The color would be perfect for my retrofitted skylake 1995 IBM Aptiva: http://imgur.com/a/fvh1M

If it's still available, I'd absolutely love to take it off your hands. I've been searching one of these for a really long time but never found anything this close to me.

Hey guys, I don't check here too often sorry about that. Let me pull her out and test her and make sure she's still good. Been sitting in my closet for 2~ years. After that it will just be first come first serve. I actually bought it off a guy who also visited these forums 6-7 years ago. I'm glad someone is interested as I don't think I could bring myself to throw it away while it still is in decent condition.

I'll Just leave this here.....

Hahahaha, wish I was there too. I planned to take my FW900 to the next lanparty, the reactions and disbelief must be great.

Also I can use help, I am trying buy one of this DELOCKS so I can mail to taiwan for MOOME but

I DONT KNOW HOW TO SHIP FROM THESE GERMAN SITES TO TAIWAN And I cant covert the pages to english so I can have moome help me, URG ITS DRIVING ME MAD.
PM me if you want me to ship a Delock adapter for you to somewhere, won't charge extra, can pay me afterwards. Although unless for research and modding yourself I strongly suggest to wait for the new revision like Derupter said.

I tested some new samples,the new connectors are good,especially one of the two types,two samples can do 354 and 355 MHz (near the DP link limit)
I'm waiting for a new mini displayport adapter because on my card only the prototype works(on GTX 1070 all the samples works perfectly),i'm in contact with Delock for various things about VGA connection,cable type,ecc.
More info later

Nice, thanks for the update, and 355 MHz!!

Hey guys, I don't check here too often sorry about that. Let me pull her out and test her and make sure she's still good. Been sitting in my closet for 2~ years. After that it will just be first come first serve. I actually bought it off a guy who also visited these forums 6-7 years ago. I'm glad someone is interested as I don't think I could bring myself to throw it away while it still is in decent condition.
Awesome, thanks for getting back. My email is my username @gmail.com. Even if there's something wrong with it, I'll still take it.

Hahahaha, wish I was there too. I planned to take my FW900 to the next lanparty, the reactions and disbelief must be great.

PM me if you want me to ship a Delock adapter for you to somewhere, won't charge extra, can pay me afterwards. Although unless for research and modding yourself I strongly suggest to wait for the new revision like Derupter said.
I'm new here, but would certainly pay you in full + tip when the revised unit come out.

I have a choice between f520 with lots of use or c520k thats been stored for 10 years. F520 that much better?

Hi guys. I still have my Sony FW900 and still love it. I only use it with my gaming PC.

So Im currently going through a remodel of my home office. The remodel is making it very difficult to squeeze the FW900 somewhere. The thick glass desktop Im considering only holds 110lbs distributed, so I might not be able to use the FW900 anymore.

Are there really no LCDs that exist with similiar specs? Ive read some say there is still no rival, but not even in 2017? WOW.

Get a better desk. The FW900 isn't going to be dethroned for gaming anytime soon. The only worthy contenders on the horizon are FALD HDR gaming monitors due mid-next year, which are as likely to turn out disappointing as actually matching the hype. Motion resolution, contrast/color, and input lag - that's the trifecta they are going to have to beat. But, yeah, there's nothing in the current year that is anywhere close.

Hi guys. I still have my Sony FW900 and still love it. I only use it with my gaming PC.

So Im currently going through a remodel of my home office. The remodel is making it very difficult to squeeze the FW900 somewhere. The thick glass desktop Im considering only holds 110lbs distributed, so I might not be able to use the FW900 anymore.

Are there really no LCDs that exist with similiar specs? Ive read some say there is still no rival, but not even in 2017? WOW.

OLED technology is really impressive, But for the price? it's hard to justify.

OLED technology is really impressive, But for the price? it's hard to justify.
Well, there has been only one OLED PC monitor as far as I know, the Dell UP3017Q. And it was such a failure Dell finally just sold a few (probably preproduction models they had do get rid of), and then dropped the ball.

I just read up on OLED and wow! So the trick here is to hold out for an OLED monitor. Stupid that more OLED TVs exists than monitors, but it makes sense since there are more commonors than professionals and gamers.

Ok Im going to have to get creative with my desk somehow so that it can support my 100lb beauty then!

Well, there has been only one OLED PC monitor as far as I know, the Dell UP3017Q. And it was such a failure Dell finally just sold a few (probably preproduction models they had do get rid of), and then dropped the ball.
I don't get why it needed a fan when even the 77" OLED TV's don't need a fan to operate.

Stupid that more OLED TVs exists than monitors, but it makes sense since there are more commonors than professionals and gamers.
It's not only a matter of use or market, the issues with the Dell screen were rather technical. I remember there's a topic about that monitor in this forum where you can learn more about it, there's some feedback from people who bought it. ;)

I don't get why it needed a fan when even the 77" OLED TV's don't need a fan to operate.
OLEDs degrade much faster when exposed to heat or UV light. There may be layers or coatings in attempt to mitigate, but the problem is very real. Televisions are no longer designed with serviceability and longevity in mind but to be slim, disposable and profitable.

I miss my KDS VS-19sn; never got to try out the BNC connectors.

For shits and giggles I ripped the OLED out of a dk2, mounted it on a vesa mount and slapped a fresnel lens in front. Pretty decent results, although I'm sure there's better options like a glass magnifier of sorts. Motion clarity is on par with lightboost at 100%

For shits and giggles I ripped the OLED out of a dk2, mounted it on a vesa mount and slapped a fresnel lens in front. Pretty decent results, although I'm sure there's better options like a glass magnifier of sorts. Motion clarity is on par with lightboost at 100%
Any pics?

Cant pm you. I would but money is tight, had unexpected car trouble and still in the middle of my 2000+ mile move. First since my gmail is now unlock (phone nvmo axed my number amd lost 2fa), i am emailing as im writing this to see of he wishes to wait for the new revision before looks at it.

Edit:waiting for second revision

Last edited:

pr0ton i need to talk with you,so please enable conversations in your profile or send me a PM

Guys I have a spare FW900 HP version that does not show image but does power up. Its been sitting about 5 years. Being that it doesnt work and shipping is about $130 Fedex ground, do you guys think its worth anyone just paying for the shipping?

It's not necessarily hard to repair for someone with enough knowledge, but that's rather the kind of device you pick up in person. Shipping is really expensive, requires specific packaging and may still damage the screen.

It's not necessarily hard to repair for someone with enough knowledge, but that's rather the kind of device you pick up in person. Shipping is really expensive, requires specific packaging and may still damage the screen.
I actually still have the very large heavy duty TV box it originally came to me in in the mid 2000s. So shipping should be okay with it. :)

If anyone is willing to just pay shipping, id be more than happy to get it shipped.

If anyone wants it, Im in Miami, Fl Im gonna stick it on craigslist for a few days before I toss it.

You could also try listing it as non-working/for parts on ebay, for whatever shipping would cost before sending it out to be recycled.

Should i make a slack so we cam commicate more effectively or is everyone okay with just this thread.

Also Derupter any updates?

Should i make a slack so we cam commicate more effectively or is everyone okay with just this thread.

Also Derupter any updates?

I'm waiting for new samples from Delock,this time with:
-a bigger cable 30 AWG (like Vesa spec.) vs 32 AWG of the original 62967
-a new connector with lock system
-vga cable tightening problem fixed (returning to the old housing or changing the current one)
-soldering quality check (maybe)

Hey Guys, i'm a long time lurker of these forums. i've been following the past 50 or so pages in regards to the fw900 and I often frequent different pages to get different settings for my own FW900.

I have a very similar issue in the fact that I own an 1080ti with only 4 display ports.

I have purchased multiple adapters with very little success.

I purchased this adapater originally: https://www.startech.com/ca/AV/Disp...ayPort-to-VGA-Video-Adapter-Converter~DP2VGA2

which is a Displayport to VGA. The issue is, i cannot get my resolution to past 1024x768 & no higher than 85hz clock frequency without my monitor looking super blury or fuzzy. I read in the forums that it has to do with not supporting a high enough pixel clock speed.

There was someone else in this thread a few pages back who mentioned this adapter: https://plugable.com/products/usbc-vga/

I have purchased the USBC-VGA adapter....but my 1080ti founder edition does not have a USBC port. My motherboard does have a USBC port. However, when I plug it into my motherboard and connect my monitor, I get absolutely no signal at all.

I mainly have 2 questions:

1.) What is the best adapater that is Currently available? My needs would be only to go up to 1900x1200 @ 85hz.
2.) When can we expect an update on this new adapter that is curently being working on? I am very eager to know so I can start using my fw900 again.

Side note: I currrently use an Asus pg258Q(240hz monitor equiped with Gsync and Ultra light motion blur @ 144hz). I can tell you even at 1024x768 & 85hz...the input lag and responce time is almost 3x better than the Asus pg258q(which is currently going for approximately $700).

Back