24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

joevt

Weaksauce
Last time I tried, YPbPr wasn't available for non-TV resolutions from my 5700xt. That's why I haven't been using the adapter haha.
Are you using CRU or AMD software to create the custom resolution? I think AMD software is broken for custom resolutions so you have to use CRU. Also, AMD doesn't accept EDID overrides for displays connected via MST Hub so make sure it's a direct connection. Last time I tried was a couple months ago.

Enhanced Interrogator

[H]ard|Gawd
Are you using CRU or AMD software to create the custom resolution? I think AMD software is broken for custom resolutions so you have to use CRU. Also, AMD doesn't accept EDID overrides for displays connected via MST Hub so make sure it's a direct connection. Last time I tried was a couple months ago.

If I remember correctly, CRU resolutions didn't show up. It's like AMD won't let EDID overrides work with most DACs, even if they're not hubs?

I guess I can try again sometime.

joevt

Weaksauce
If I remember correctly, CRU resolutions didn't show up. It's like AMD won't let EDID overrides work with most DACs, even if they're not hubs?

I guess I can try again sometime.
EDID overrides (created by CRU or display installer) are stored in the registry per display vendor/product and GPU port. CRU will let you change the display name in the EDID override, so you should add a description of the GPU port number. Then if you see that new name then you can tell it's working (check Windows UI and Radeon Software UI).
With an MST Hub, the new display name will show in the Windows UI but not the Radeon UI. I suppose I should do some new testing in case AMD has fixed things since last I tried.

jka

Weaksauce
I am looking to replace my old DTP-94 colorimeter with something better. Preferably around $150-$400 price point. Something that works well with CRT phosphors and Argyll/DisplayCAL/HCFR, and measures more precise in deep black levels, etc, any recommendations, please?

Last edited:

jka

Weaksauce
i1 display pro
Thanks, apparently there is a newer(?) version called plus at https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/chart-readers/i1display-pro-plus

It specifically mentions OLED and 2000 nits HDR. I am not sure how much of that is just marketing (when comparing to the non-plus version) but so far it looks like a reasonable buy. I could see some benefits about the OLED/HDR calibration translate to CRT. Seems like the good quality is in the thousands of $ and that there is not that many notable products at my price point.

Forgot to ask, can I really use it with Argyll, DisplayCAL and HCFR? I don't want to use some special proprietary software, nor register/install drm, just to use this product.

jbltecnicspro

Supreme [H]ardness
Thanks, apparently there is a newer(?) version called plus at https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/chart-readers/i1display-pro-plus

It specifically mentions OLED and 2000 nits HDR. I am not sure how much of that is just marketing (when comparing to the non-plus version) but so far it looks like a reasonable buy. I could see some benefits about the OLED/HDR calibration translate to CRT. Seems like the good quality is in the thousands of $ and that there is not that many notable products at my price point.

Forgot to ask, can I really use it with Argyll, DisplayCAL and HCFR? I don't want to use some special proprietary software, nor register/install drm, just to use this product.
You can use the i1 display pro with it. Not sure about the plus.

jbltecnicspro

Supreme [H]ardness
Great, I will look into that but I think it would (or rather should) be the same for both plus and non-plus, seeing how it's the same base product in the naming scheme.
Would think so. You should look into it first before purchase just in case. Perhaps I missed it but do you want the plus for the option of handling OLED/HDR? Me personally, I have no interest in it until Rec2020 is mainstream. :)