24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

spacediver

2[H]4U
Sorry...what was the error? (Maybe something I missed upstream on the thread.)
sorry, should have been clearer :p

from the post i just quoted:

"I took photos and wrote up this experiment and the results in detail, and posted it on the forum. It was within the last 3 months. I can't find that post though! Perhaps it got deleted or something, or never made it through."

SH1

[H]ard|Gawd
sorry, should have been clearer :p

from the post i just quoted:

"I took photos and wrote up this experiment and the results in detail, and posted it on the forum. It was within the last 3 months. I can't find that post though! Perhaps it got deleted or something, or never made it through."
Thank you.

I have flashes of memories these days that I then realize must be a year old, because they take place in a restaurant or such.

SH1

[H]ard|Gawd
No evidence that someone actually will pay that much. People do this kind of crap all the time on eBay.
You could be right of course in that they might not pay.

My inclination is the opposite probably influenced in that I was foolish enough to buy an RTX 3090. Prior graphics card I bought used off eBay. This time though with Covid still raging and this sense of not knowing what tomorrow will hold, I went for it. Want to see what this Ray Tracing thing is about sooner rather than later I guess. If I were wealthy, I can see just going for it with regard to the FW900.

jbltecnicspro

Supreme [H]ardness
You could be right of course in that they might not pay.

My inclination is the opposite probably influenced in that I was foolish enough to buy an RTX 3090. Prior graphics card I bought used off eBay. This time though with Covid still raging and this sense of not knowing what tomorrow will hold, I went for it. Want to see what this Ray Tracing thing is about sooner rather than later I guess. If I were wealthy, I can see just going for it with regard to the FW900.
$3000? Sure. $35,000? Nope.

Enhanced Interrogator

[H]ard|Gawd
This seems like a solid antiglare solution for SD monitors. Is it possible this could work for our PC monitors or is our antiglare too different?

Strat_84

Limp Gawd
Actually it's a neutral grey filter. It darkens the display like the original film does but any other property it may have (especially anti-reflection, but also haze) would not be specified and probably not even unintended.

It could still be a decent placeholder if it is cheap and it can be found with a transmittance of about 65%. ;)

Flybye

Limp Gawd
Hey gamers.. just want to express my gratitude for this long lived thread.

So a week ago I posted asking if there was an adapter so I could run the fw900 on my 3080 ftw. Well, I just tried out the StarTech display port to VGA adapter from amazon (~$25) and my baby is back!

Guys.. on my desk right now is the a alienware ad27 IPS 1440p240hz (~$800), the latest benq TN 1080p240hz (~$450), and my fw900 that i bought from vito some 10-15 years ago (~$350) which im currently running 800p130hz. And let me just say, there is STILL no comparison! Blur busters: fw900 wins and its not even close. Colors: fw900 wins and not even close. Input lag: havent really noticed a delay from the adapter, feels as good as any "1ms" lcd panel.

VERY nice. I’m also using it with a 3080. So nice to be able to use a new GPU. 😊