24" IPS (or similiar) with faster than 60 Hz refresh? Still doesn't exist?

jmk396

Gawd
Are there any 24" IPS (or similar) monitors that support greater than 60 Hz refresh?

My ideal monitor is 24" IPS, 120 Hz, G-Sync, and perhaps 4K but I know that's not going to happen for a very, very, long time :)

I get motion sick playing games on a screen that large. I know I could try to push the monitor further back but that's not really an option for my setup.

You can overclock an S2415H to 75 Hz I believe, or at least to 72 Hz. Nothing for 144 Hz though in that size. I think there are a few other 24" 1080p monitors that support mild overclocks like that.

I get motion sick playing games on a screen that large. I know I could try to push the monitor further back but that's not really an option for my setup.

Fair enough. I think companies have focused on the 27" 1440P size because it's more popular with people willing to spend a big premium on monitors, whereas 24" has become the budget size more or less.

I think the Eizo Foris FG2421 was the best ~24" gaming monitor(it's VA though not IPS) but since it's been discontinued and it had QC issues it may be quite difficult to find a good one, though I'm sure you can still find them on ebay and such.

I don't think there currently are any 120hz 24" IPS consumer models, though there is at least one (probably very expensive) 120hz 22" 1200p IPS - http://vpixx.com/products/tools-for-vision-sciences/visual-stimulus-displays/viewpixx/

Back