24 Hour Gaming Event Feb 3rd

six_storm

[H]ard|Gawd
I know nobody really knows me around here, but I'm asking for your help on February 3rd. My wife and I are adopting a sweet little boy from South Korea and we need your help! I will be hosting a 24 hour gaming event in Nashville Tennessee to raise proceeds for our international adoption.

Please check out my blog for more info: http:///zDXr2j

Please join us on the 3rd at 8PM CST via XBOX Live, Online or UStream! Hope to see the [H] community there!

link is broken

Sorry, try this:

http://therealandrewscott.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/24-hour-gaming-event-for-tucker/

I think that adopting is great, but I have to ask, if you can't afford the fee, how can you afford raising the child (not that it's any of my business, just a question that comes to mind). If you look at http://www.babycenter.com/cost-of-raising-child-calculator you'll find that raising a child is pretty damn expensive.

I disagree with the first sentence. Because we have asked for help, we have received plenty of amazing donations in our fundraisers. It's not like everyone else is paying for the child, we just need a little help financially for the cost of getting the child. The rest will be just like anyone else having a child. I see no harm in asking for a little help. ;)

As an adopted person, I have a few issues with your WP blog. You don't "reserve" a child you numbskull. He's not a table at a fancy restaurant.

Also, are you prepared to help Tucker remember his heritage, and honor his past? His first Christmas won't be with you... he just had his first Christmas. That is part of his past and you need to honor that, even if he wasn't with you.

I have several adopted friends from Korea, and I just hope you two have the knowledge, resources, etc. to help Tucker thrive. I don't mean to be a Debby downer... but there is lots for you two to learn. Educate yourselves about Korean adoptees and the issues they typically have to deal with- I can provide several resources if needed. Otherwise, great job on choosing adoption! Best of luck!

As an adopted person, I have a few issues with your WP blog. You don't "reserve" a child you numbskull. He's not a table at a fancy restaurant.

Also, are you prepared to help Tucker remember his heritage, and honor his past? His first Christmas won't be with you... he just had his first Christmas. That is part of his past and you need to honor that, even if he wasn't with you.

I have several adopted friends from Korea, and I just hope you two have the knowledge, resources, etc. to help Tucker thrive. I don't mean to be a Debby downer... but there is lots for you two to learn. Educate yourselves about Korean adoptees and the issues they typically have to deal with- I can provide several resources if needed. Otherwise, great job on choosing adoption! Best of luck!

Learn the culture well also. He may move to America with you, but part of him will always be Korean, he needs to know his culture and be proud of who he is.

Good luck to you otherwise as well

If it were not to far I would probally come as well.

Holy cow, I'm starting to regret ever posting here in the first place. Lots of negativity when all I asked is for some help at a good fundraiser event.

Yeah for real. The guy asked you to come play some freakin video games, not patronize him. Adoptions are very expensive and to have parents is the best thing that could ever happen to someone who would otherwise grow up in an orphanage. Could we please show a little support?

How do I join via XBox?

Good luck, I don't have an x-box, might want to edit/add the correct link in the 1st post.

And, to heck w/ the "....'s" that thread crapped on this dudes party.

Stick to the theme of this forum which is LAN parties only. If you have other comments for the OP, use PM's.

ooo, also. What is the game list for the Xbox? Can you tell us more about the events which you're planning on scheduling for the LAN party. I'm not the only one intersted, don't give up on the rest of the forum because a few people aren't into it.

ooo, also. What is the game list for the Xbox? Can you tell us more about the events which you're planning on scheduling for the LAN party. I'm not the only one intersted, don't give up on the rest of the forum because a few people aren't into it.

We don't have an official schedule laid out (yet) but I will be making a list to use for the first 6 or more hours, then it will be an open schedule.

Some Games We Will be Playing:

COD:MW3
COD:BO
NFL Blitz
NBA JAM
Gears of War 3
Minecraft
Insert Dancing Game here

I'll update this thread once I can get a schedule made up, but we will be starting with some COD:MW3 first thing for sure.

Quick reminder: This time next week we will be having an awesome time at the 24 hour Gaming Marathon! Make sure you watch online via UStream (I'll post a link up next week) and donate to us via Paypal. All proceeds next weekend will go towards our travel expenses to South Korea, so please please please give generously! We have a goal of $1,000 and I know we will make that with no problem; tons of local people have been waiting for next weekend and will be bringing tons of friends.

If you can't donate, no biggie. But make sure you shoot me a PM, email or drop into the UStream chat to say hello. And of course, hit us up on XBL for a game of COD, Blitz and more.

Back