24" Gaming, is there anything worthwhile?

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
So at the moment i run a 20" for my gaming, i wouldn't mind a 24" 1920x1200 especially for the extra space especially with the amount of crap i run at times.

I've been looking through various types of 24" and i can't set my mind on one.

As im going to be gaming, fast paced FPS UT/Quake Live along with other FPS' L4D/TF2/COD4 I need something with the lowest amount of input lag along with a decent response time <5ms

Was looking at the Samsung 2443BW, although there's no decent reviews about and there is a lot of stuff saying they have high input lag and other things saying they have low input lag.

Looking no more then £250 on one as i hope to do dual screen.

Anyone know of anything available in the UK that offers that?

Nice find but 26" is a bit too big for my taste and id prefer a 24" for crisper screen. The 24" version of that though is skimping on the res to 1920x1080, really want 1200 high, before the whole damned market goes 1080.

This is probably what you want to wait for, though information about when it will arrive in the US is so far nonexistent:

WTM_asus_vg242h_3_dh_fx57.jpg

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1417295

Nice, but im not too bothered about 3D. again its a 1080 monitor :( Plus its pretty much guaranteed to be out of the price range.

For input lag tests, go to digitalversus or prad.de or some [H] forum member reviews.

That being said, look for BenQ G2400W series or a V2400W

very low input lag, cheap, 1920x1200

Thanks for that, originally was loving the V2400 but realised it couldn't be wall mounted.

It's highly possible i end up with a G2400WT, which as far as i can tell is the G2400WD but with a HAS stand. Prad had been helping me so far, thanks fo DV link though. PRAD have the WT version reviewed Here with 0-15ms lag.

So yeah, think i may have found my new monitors and they can be had for £234, which is £2 more then the WD version.

EDIT:
After reading some more, seems like the WD or WT suffer from some uneven backlighting and are pretty dull.

Can't someone just make a decent monitor :(

Last edited:
Back