24-26" @ $500 Budget--Gaming

Which Monitor Wins At Gaming?

• Total voters

Phyltre

Limp Gawd
Obviously the market is in a bit of a mix right now. I'm making this post out of a bit of frustration I recently had with BenQ about their shipping policies*. Originally I had decided on a V2400W but my experience with them has kind of made me second guess that decision.

So, I have a budget of ~$500 and I want the best 24-26" monitor out there for gaming. I really don't care about finish, adjustable stand, or what have you. I just want absolute minimal input lag, DVI and HDMI inputs--the gaming basics. Obviously I'd like good image quality, but reviewers rarely put gaming first in their reviews; a slow monitor can get great reviews even if it would fail explosively for gaming. I'd also really like 1:1 pixel mapping, but not having it wouldn't kill me I guess since I plan on getting a TV in the coming months anyway. Viewing angles I'm not terribly concerned about, since I don't move around much.

I've been looking at the Samsung T240/T260, The BenQ V2400W, Asus models...it's a fairly long list, really. Please vote in the poll, then explain why you voted the way you did--or make your own suggestions. I really just want to make a good investment in a solid gaming LCD monitor, without choosing the wrong model for me.

*Basically I placed an order the morning of the 24th, and they are now telling me it won't leave them until the 5th. So I'm trying to cancel that order, that's extremely poor customer service. Their site now says orders received AFTER the 24th will be shipped on the 5th, but their emails and product info say orders placed in the morning are normally shipped same day...so basically they just didn't want to ship my monitor and made me wait another ten business days. No way they get my money after that, and nobody comes close to their price of 359 with free shipping. They said they'd "try" and cancel the order.

My current is a Sammy SyncMaster 245BW, which can be found for <$400, but appears to be deprecated by newer models. In any case, I've had mine for over 6 months now. I've played CoD4/5, WoW and UT among other games, all of which look crisp and colorful. Text is razor sharp and crystal clear. I'd recommend a sammy 24" based on my experience with the 245BW.

cheers and good luck.

I am in the same situation, and just about picked up a Samsung T240 yesterday from a user on this forum (but I thought it was the HD version.) Tehbolt is selling a Samsung T240 very cheap, so hit him up if you are intrested.

This are the two I was considering:
BenQ V2400W or Samsung T240HD

I've heard that the Samsung TxxxHD models have a fair amount of input lag. I was originally drawn to them for their extra 1:1 pixel mapping and TV tuner abilities but once I heard the input lag was bad I kind of shied away. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable all video processing to cut out the input lag for the HD models?

I've heard that the Samsung TxxxHD models have a fair amount of input lag. I was originally drawn to them for their extra 1:1 pixel mapping and TV tuner abilities but once I heard the input lag was bad I kind of shied away. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable all video processing to cut out the input lag for the HD models?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm in the same exact situation, and there's a $50 rebate on the 26" model that expires tomorrow.

I have a T260, no regrets. Good Colors, viewing angles, light leak and brightness distribution for a TN panel. Not a gamer, so I cant really comment on gaming performance (input lag).

I have a T260(non hd) and its amazing. I'm no johnny photoshop guru, but this monitor rocks for gaming and surfing the web. My only complaint is the fact that the monitor is about 3/4" to high to fit into my hutch so its a little closer then I would prefer, would have been nice to have built in height adjustment.

I've played Left 4 Dead, World of Warcraft, and counter strike on it, all look wonderful.

I have not tried to hook up anything besides a computer to this monitor though. I believe consoles were meant for big screen tv's.

I've read some good reviews on the Samsung T260 also, they seem to be pretty reliable and good when it comes to gaming and overall usage I think :cool:
ecstatic.gif

For TN monitors they have excessive input lag. The non-HD models do not have this issue, from what I have read.

While I don't use DigitalVersus as the 100% accurate source, it is a good guideline/comparison.

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=443&p1=4351&ma2=36&mo2=402&p2=3707&ph=12

Even the T220HD is high:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=397&p1=3698&ma2=36&mo2=370&p2=3448&ph=12

None of the T2x0 NON HD models have this issue. If you aren't hooking a console up to them, they should be fine. Even with a console they work, except they stretch the image to 16:10 ratio or full screen, whereas the HD models have a 16:9 mode that does not do this.

Are there any 26" monitors at all out there with minimal input lag and 1:1 pixel mapping?

Back