$2330 chargeback from Spytech after 40 days of sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
i meant a video of them working before you shipped them... do you have that?

i made sure to box them up in the correct box with matching serial card to the serial on the box. dont worry about that i am making sure, that you get exactly what you shipped me.

A video? No, only pictures.
But You have nothing, except your claims.
Even with your claims, you never bothered to asking for a return until now, again, knowing you can buy the same thing for a lot less.

Oh I did not mean that. I was just trying to tell you how well documented things are.

thread got unlocked...wow

Buyer had the opportunity to get out clean early on, 40 days is too long

a video proves nothing and its just a waste of time, system could be made to crash for other reasons, and thus prove nothing. and the 2nd bios is not write protected, you can write to it...lol

try 40200 512w g1 intensity 21 1000/1500 and you can get 960 ish with a 290x no problem, problem was the card was not stable. my sap trix get 980khash stock bios and uses less power.

The point is proving to us that the card doesn't work for you. At this point, we have nothing but your word that it doesn't work for you, and that quite literally means nothing. Either you provide that video for proof, or everyone will continue to doubt you, and rightfully so. The fact that you refuse to do a video with said test procedures means to us that you have something to hide.

Seller, go and withdraw your money from you bank account and open a new one. Simply state that you feel that someone may have gotten a hold of your information and you are uncomfortable with leaving your funds in that account. This is almost as easy as canceling a lost credit card. Once it's closed, it's dead. All withdrawals from that account will be denied, if anything the account is already closed and any money that is withdrawn will be the Banks money. The bank will simply tell Paypal that account no longer exists. Regardless of what paypal presents to them, the bank will NOT have the time to try and chase you down for something that they wouldn't waste time on.

Basically this is what I did when I wasn't willing to eat one of these "use em and lose em" scams.

But my guy never had the balls to send his card back to me. I was going to refuse delivery. But on 4 290Xs? hmmmm What do you do when the post man shows up with those?

Also, the fact that this is split between two payments just looks real dirty... I'm super curious to see what happens but it's going to take forever.

As far as what the bank will do IF Paypal AND the CC company both approve the Chargeback--they won't chase you but they will submit it to the credit bureaus and they will send a collections agency after you. It will suck ass. It depends on the credit card company but I bet chargebacks through amazon payments and paypal are harder to get through the pipeline.

I have one question to the buyer: If the cards failed (and all of them, really?) at 3DMark before you flashed a custom BIOS, why the hell did you bother flashing that BIOS, why didn't you just contact the seller and ask for a return/refund? No answer? I thought so...

OP, best of luck to you. You are most certainly facing a scammer here. I hate these scum who steal peoples' hard-earned money. Spytech, what you're trying to do is just despicable, trying to rob a guy off his money. If you don't stop this, I wish you have bad things happen to you and fast.

I recently lost $350 to another low-life (where I was too stupid), and I'm holding myself from using some language here.

I say ban Spytech ASAP. That should give OP yet another evidence to support his case with Paypal.

zmhaha, why don't you open a poll so you can present the results to Paypal? I wanna see you guarantee a win in this Paypal dispute.

Seller already has proof that you stated them to be working when you received the cards.

This thread reminded me of one awhile back with the same problem with the buyer wanting a refund for a trade that was done for well over 3 months. The seller offered to give you a refund, regardless if he was "unloading" faulty cards you shouldn't have kept them and then open a charge back 35 days later. On top of that he even offered to pay return shipping.

I hate traders like you with a passion, I really do. Please help me and the community and stop selling/buying used items on forums like these. Stop buying used items and modifying them to your spec and then abusing them for a month only to find out you f^cked it up and now want a refund. I feel like everyone I am to trade with will need to start sending me money orders and be within 2 hours away from me.

We can clearly see you're not willing to work with the seller here. You speak poor English and have a very poor understanding of how buying used stuff works. I again hate traders like you, spytech.

Seller, go and withdraw your money from you bank account and open a new one. Simply state that you feel that someone may have gotten a hold of your information and you are uncomfortable with leaving your funds in that account. This is almost as easy as canceling a lost credit card. Once it's closed, it's dead. All withdrawals from that account will be denied, if anything the account is already closed and any money that is withdrawn will be the Banks money. The bank will simply tell Paypal that account no longer exists and that it was recently closed. Regardless of what paypal presents to them, the bank will NOT have the time to try and chase you down for something that they wouldn't waste time on. I'd be hard pressed if the bank calls you in regards of paypal trying to take money out of your old/closed account. If not, wait the long waiting time and be prepared to lose $2,330. I again will be hard pressed to see Paypal side with you.

I'd definitely do what this man is suggesting. Wayyy too much money to risk on a paypal dispute especially with how one sided they are some times. I wish the OP the best of luck and hopefully spytech gets banned. We dont need buyers like that on here. T.T

I sincerely thank you for all the supporters, I really do.
I will take every single piece of advice seriously, and provide you updates.

To me this is like a thriller. Cant wait to see the ending. Hope it will be one of this good side win, evil lose kind of thriller..

thread got unlocked...wow

Buyer had the opportunity to get out clean early on, 40 days is too long

Yea, thanx to the admin.
I really need this thread going to help with my case.
I also submitted my thread to Paypal as supporting evidence.

40 days is way too long to ask for a refund, especially considering the amount of money involved. Even when I paid $450 for my 680 from here I ran every test I could the day I got it to make sure it was good.

wait wait wait.

You bought (4) video cards for over $2000 and you spent 40 days trying to "get them to work".

hahahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh!!! and they just happppppppppppppppppened to be used for mining... now THAT is a coincidence.

OH!!!! and the price just recently dropped big time on these exact cards... JUST ANOTHER INTERESTING FACT....

oh my..some people. the world is a scary place

wait wait wait.

You bought (4) video cards for over $2000 and you spent 40 days trying to "get them to work".

hahahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh!!! and they just happppppppppppppppppened to be used for mining... now THAT is a coincidence.

OH!!!! and the price just recently dropped big time on these exact cards... JUST ANOTHER INTERESTING FACT....

oh my..some people. the world is a scary place

Exactly!
I repeatedly mentioning that I offered DOA return only in my FS thread, he knew it from day 0. And I also offered return with return shipping covered on the first day of delivery, when he raised some concerns. He did not take the return and subsequently told me no problems with them.

I have one question to the buyer: If the cards failed (and all of them, really?) at 3DMark before you flashed a custom BIOS, why the hell did you bother flashing that BIOS, why didn't you just contact the seller and ask for a return/refund? No answer? I thought so...

OP, best of luck to you. You are most certainly facing a scammer here. I hate these scum who steal peoples' hard-earned money. Spytech, what you're trying to do is just despicable, trying to rob a guy off his money. If you don't stop this, I wish you have bad things happen to you and fast.

I recently lost $350 to another low-life (where I was too stupid), and I'm holding myself from using some language here.

I say ban Spytech ASAP. That should give OP yet another evidence to support his case with Paypal.

zmhaha, why don't you open a poll so you can present the results to Paypal? I wanna see you guarantee a win in this Paypal dispute.
A poll? Lmfao. Even if he was banned that wouldnt prove anything to paypal.

zmhaha, I suggest you talk to PayPal over the phone and ask them to read this thread. Also summarize the contents of the PMs to them. They have a special department that sometimes listens to all the genuine requests.

Spytech is absolutely wrong here. If he has an ounce of morality, he should withdraw the case and send the card for an RMA.

I think you need to start withdrawing your bank account asap and moving into a new account, as precaution.

This thread has stirred up quite an emotional response from many [H] members, wow!

If it were me, I'd focus on a few of the facts:

1) If a full refund, plus shipping, was an agreeable solution a month ago, why is it so terrible 5 weeks later? If the basis of granting the refund was that some or all of the cards are defective then if you factor in RMA turnaround time the OP is pretty much in the same situation...except that all of the cards would be working since they would be fresh RMA replacements.

2) Using current market pricing as a basis for rejecting the refund claim seems odd to me. Would the OP be more inclined to accept the return if they had retained their market value?

3) This is part of the ToS we sign up for when we use PayPal: there is a 45-day window for the purchaser to file a claim. How do we, as conscientious forum community members, mitigate the risk? Heatware, eBay evals, etc.

4) Why are so many people so eager to believe that spytech is trying to "scam" his way into a refund to which he is TECHNICALLY (according to PayPal policy, not my personal opinion) entitled to? Why is it so important that ALL the cards be defective in the same manner for him to legitimize his claim? If you bought a set of 4 tires and one of them blew out, would you not return all 4 tires?

5) Buyer having used PayPal and Amazon Payments does not seem shady to me. AP has a no-fee maximum use cap at $1000, which is how I utilized it last month when I paid a seller $2200 ($1k via AP, 1.2k via PP).

6) This situation undoubtedly sucks for both buyer and seller, imho, as I take both of their positions at face value. The seller will probably end up with 4 returned video cards, some or all of which are malfunctioning, that have depreciated in value (although they could always bounce back, right?). The buyer, otoh, has been wrestling with trying for over a month to eliminate user error by testing the cards with various drivers and, eventually, even bios flashes. My sympathy goes out to both of these guys!

7) If the OP tries to pull that "remove your bank account info" stunt from PayPal, he may be only slowing the refund process down. I cannot imagine that PayPal would not come after the money. Plus, after they read this thread they may reasonably assume that doing so was intentional, possibly criminal? Either way, I would just do the honorable thing and accept whatever happens. That way, even if the OP loses the PayPal claim, he will still have his honor intact. While I do believe that everybody has a price, my own price far exceeds $2300.

This thread has stirred up quite an emotional response from many [H] members, wow!

If it were me, I'd focus on a few of the facts:

1) Because the buyer may have fudged them up himself in that time.

2) Maybe he would, but the fact of the matter is the mining cards have gone down in value over the last week and could very well be a factor in the buyer changing his mind on having over $2k of cards.

3) Doesn't mean the buyer is being fair. If I buy a car from you and the tranny blows out of the blue 40 days later you will pay me exactly what I paid you to take it back, right?

4) No, I replace the one that blew. That was a horrible analogy.

5) Agreed, plus it could have been bank through PP, CC through Amazon.

6) Agreed again, it sucks for them both.

7) I think that he can do it, but will have a bum account afterwards. Not much beyond that.

Yeah most people have never been in this situation.

Firstly, suing paypal is way too complicated. You have to file the claim in one of the states that does not allow Paypals TOS to have full grasp. That alone makes it unfeasible since you will spend more than $2K in airfare and lodging over the next few months just to get your case heard. For the rest of the U.S.A. when you clicked through the TOS you agreed that Paypal's "resolution center" has full judgement for any arbitration between parties.

Secondly, and more importantly. The money is not the issue. The huge hit on your credit report is. Paypal will use it's resolution center to judge the case (as you agreed to in the TOS), if they find that you loose, they will pay the money to the winning party instantly and then set a negative balance against your account.

If you have money in the account, this money will be gone instantly. Otherwise they will give you a chance to pay via alternative means. If it is not paid and you have a bank account linked they will take the money from the linked account (This is something we all agree to in the TOS).

If there is no linked account, then they basically say "You owe us X". They mail you a bill to your home address and basically process it like a credit card. After 30 days you get a fee, 60 days and you get it reported to the credit bureau and sent to collections. As you pass the 90 and 120 day marks it really starts affecting your credit score.

And a credit blemish like this will take 7 years before its statue of limitations expires. So for 7 years you will have bad credit because of this. And high interest rates in buying a car, or a house, or an apartment, or getting a loan at all.

Basically they hold you hostage, give them their money or they ruin your credit.

something is really happening in this days .
I've been scammed 2 times in past week (not on this forum, but anyway)

is that because of spring ro wth is really happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back