2304x1440 @ 80hz analog converter?

Flybye

Limp Gawd
So Nvidia's latest offering has no analog support. I still game on a Sony GDM-FW900. So Id definetely be interested in an analog converter.

Problem is every single analog converter I have come across only seems to only go up to 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. :(.

Anyone know of one that goes up to 2304x1440 at 80hz?

You guys have some serious buying will power still sporting crt's and using/wanting cutting edge gpus....wow

The HD Fury guys have hinted they're working on another digital>analog converter, and haven't ruled out high pixel clocks. Still very tentative at this stage.

Another user on this forum has also contacted Moome and they are working on a HDMI 2.0>RGBHV converter, though I'm not sure if that will be a fast enough pixel clock for 2304x1440@80hz.

or they just can upgrade to a 2560x1440@144hz panel and be happy..

You guys have some serious buying will power still sporting crt's and using/wanting cutting edge gpus....wow
Naa. I bought my GDM in the mid 00s, and currently Im only running 3GB 660ti x 2 in sli. But pretty soon Im probably going to have to upgrade GPUs as its already getting a little tough to play some new stuff at 2304x1440. Not that going down to 1920x1200 is too much of an issue, though.

The HD Fury guys have hinted they're working on another digital>analog converter, and haven't ruled out high pixel clocks. Still very tentative at this stage.

Another user on this forum has also contacted Moome and they are working on a HDMI 2.0>RGBHV converter, though I'm not sure if that will be a fast enough pixel clock for 2304x1440@80hz.
Ill reach out to them then. Thx!

Naa. I bought my GDM in the mid 00s, and currently Im only running 3GB 660ti x 2 in sli. But pretty soon Im probably going to have to upgrade GPUs as its already getting a little tough to play some new stuff at 2304x1440. Not that going down to 1920x1200 is too much of an issue, though.
yea i get that.....but i consider myself a somewhat slow upgrader and i have at least 4 displays gathering dust since that time:) your a very frugal spender lol..I honestly dont miss those heavy crts....almost killed myself with one that size one time

don't even try and dissuade the crt guys! have you ever looked in their thread? f'n ridiculous...

That's why I'm happy my CRT dies two years back. IT's going to be hard to find a high-speed RAMDAC with the bandwidth to do those high refresh rates.

The response time of my 1ms TN panel is actually not noticeably slower. The contrast is not as nice, but I can live with that.

As much as I don't want to turn this into a "CRT versus modern display" (Spoiler alert: CRTs are useless), but nobody is going to create a D2A converter for such high resolutions, and even if they DID, it would add a ton of latency, essentially negating one of the imaginary pluses CRTs hold.

but nobody is going to create a D2A converter for such high resolutions, and even if they DID, it would add a ton of latency, essentially negating one of the imaginary pluses CRTs hold.

You have no basis to say that. The HD Fury adapters have zero latency. Assuming they designed a higher pixel clock model, no reason it wouldn't be same story at high resolutions.

You have no basis to say that. The HD Fury adapters have zero latency. Assuming they designed a higher pixel clock model, no reason it wouldn't be same story at high resolutions.

Zero latency? I could imagine that they would have low latency, but Zero is getting a bit presumptuous.

I think what Kaze is trying to say us that DACs, just like video input processors on flat panels, are not ZERO lag. It's just small enough that we don't care or notice.

Much like my 1ms TN screen has unnoticeable lag. Response time compensation, properly implemented, makes TN screens move incredibly fast.

indeed, most gaming TN panels utilize technologies that make lag CRT like, its the main reason I keep buying BenQ XL series with AMA override and instant mode you are guarantee to have an amazing gaming experience.

this is what a good Gaming panel can do

input_lag_1.jpg

And this is with the older model the XL2420T, newer XL2420TE and XL2420Z are just even better.. anything below 13ms is considered top-end class fast gaming and this thing can do 5.6ms so yes. contrast or black levels may not be at CRT levels but for sure the game experience its great for those sensitive to input lag and ghosting that without consider things like more modern gaming panels like the Asus ROG SWIFT.

review

Zero latency? I could imagine that they would have low latency, but Zero is getting a bit presumptuous.

Near zero for the HD Fury's. They don't have a frame buffer, so that means they are literally incapable of producing significant lag. Probably less than a millisecond since they convert digital RGB from HDMI to analog RGB on the fly.

Yep, I really don't miss the $400 19" CRT that I had paired up with a $300 32 MB Geforce 2. Oh, and that was on an AMD Athlon 2500+ (Barton.) The chip, for it's time, was amazing.

Back