23 Pound Zombie Rifle

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed there's still so much racism in the world against zombies. WTF. Get over it! They're people too, just ones that took bath salt. :p

That looks pretty awesome, I enjoyed that clip. It's highly impractical, but would be fun to try to shoot once.

Remember, it's 23 pounds . . . .

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed there's still so much racism in the world against zombies. WTF. Get over it! They're people too, just ones that took bath salt. :p

You know, the naked face eating thing that was in the news happened pretty close to where I live. :(

Best zombie gun is a 1895 nagant revolver. make some sub sonic rounds and pop on a scilencer, you have a totaly silent hand gun.
Meh, give me a subsonic .22LR any day. Whisper quiet, dirt cheap, 100 yard killing machine.

That looks pretty awesome, I enjoyed that clip. It's highly impractical, but would be fun to try to shoot once.

Remember, it's 23 pounds . . . .

Well, it does have a bipod, so if you wanted to try it out you wouldn't have to hold the entire weight up at least. :p

And the .22 guys are right. .22 pistols are what (mil) survival guys recommend. A good shooter is deadly with it, and you can carry a LOT more ammo than you can for a 9mm, let alone an AR.

Perfect for zombies. It's not like they're shooting back, taking cover, etc.

All the states with stupid gun laws will be lost first if we ever get invaded on our own land. The rest of us will either hold them off for a damn long time or win the war for the others. With our retarded overly outfitted AR-15's, Remington 700's, Ruger 10/22's and shottys. I believe one of our old enemies (Japan, perhaps?) said that there is little chance of winning a war on the US mainland due to the general population being armed.

Ya... I really don't think we have much to worry from Japan any longer...

unxplained-photo-1225258442-78289.jpg

I believe at one point the dude with the beard said that they use this to promote all the different kinds of accessories they sell for an AR-15, and it's helped their sales quite well.

What I don't understand, is why would you need a muzzle break on a 23lb semi-automatic rifle that shoots a soft round like .223? I even rented a M16 and that didn't seem that bad at full auto. At least go all out and put a flash suppressor or something useful on the end...

I'm actually surprised they don't make an adapter to mount a Glock or something underneath the barrel as a shootable fore-grip.

There is no such thing as an Assault Rifle. There are only Assault people. The rifle don't do shit the person behind the stock doesn't tell it to do.

You're preaching to the choir sir. Rifle is a tool, nothing more. So is a hammer. People can be killed by both, depending on who's behind it.

What I don't understand, is why would you need a muzzle break on a 23lb semi-automatic rifle that shoots a soft round like .223? I even rented a M16 and that didn't seem that bad at full auto. At least go all out and put a flash suppressor or something useful on the end....

Muzzle breaks are actually pretty useful on any rifle. I have a PWS break on my ACR (.556) that reduces muzzle flip pretty substantially. Allows for quicker follow up shots.

Also, the .22 is a great weapon in the right hands. Just don't expect to drop something bigger than a small dog right away with center of mass shooting.

Meh, give me a subsonic .22LR any day. Whisper quiet, dirt cheap, 100 yard killing machine.

:eek:

yeah, ALL the Mall Ninja's use them.

"And the .22 guys are right. .22 pistols are what (mil) survival guys recommend. A good shooter is deadly with it, and you can carry a LOT more ammo than you can for a 9mm, let alone an AR."

They recommend them because when you are in a survival situation, you usually don't have the ability to pack much of anything. water would be your #1 priority. a weapon is dead last.

real world operators don't carry .22's. that's all the endorsement I need right there.

Yeah, silenced revolvers are the pinnacle of sound suppression tech. :p

Yeah...You have an explosion happening in open air before the round exits the bore. Since suppressors can only allow the gas to expand from the barrel end via baffles, putting one on a revolver is kind of missing the point as you still get a very audible bang from the cylinder.

Hence the reason why you don't put your fingers near there when you shoot.

:eek:

yeah, ALL the Mall Ninja's use them.

"And the .22 guys are right. .22 pistols are what (mil) survival guys recommend. A good shooter is deadly with it, and you can carry a LOT more ammo than you can for a 9mm, let alone an AR."

They recommend them because when you are in a survival situation, you usually don't have the ability to pack much of anything. water would be your #1 priority. a weapon is dead last.

real world operators don't carry .22's. that's all the endorsement I need right there.

You won't catch me with one. Ever. It's hard enough dropping something with .223 / .556, let alone .22 .

Real world "operators" (Love those Tacti-Cool-Mall-Ninja words) don't have a choice in what they carry. They use what's issued. A .22LR is a crappy round for most of the situations they'd encounter, so they're not issued them. It lacks the range and power of a .223/.308/etc. As a regular human being, and not some bad-ass elite super-sniper-assault-recon-delta-force-commando, though, a .22LR is a heck of a good round. If it'll blow through a frozen(ish) turkey at 300 yards, you can be fairly certain it'll zip through a zombie's head at 100.

You won't catch me with one. Ever. It's hard enough dropping something with .223 / .556, let alone .22 .
Blame the shooter, not the round.

I liken shooters hating on the .22LR to new bikers insisting they need the liter bike. It's not a penis extension, it's a tool. Most truly good shooters own and use a .22LR. That's all the endorsement I need. :)

You're preaching to the choir sir. Rifle is a tool, nothing more. So is a hammer. People can be killed by both, depending on who's behind it.

lawl.

A hammer's job is to hit nails, it serves a purpose as a tool.

The "gun is a tool" argument is utter hogwash. When you can build a house with a gun, that analogy will be true. A gun exists primarly to kill stuff. I wouldn't call a bow an arrow a tool, I wouldn't call a sword a tool, guns are not tools. I got nothing against guns, but I have heard that tool crap about guns for years and years, and it's always been a silly way for people to justify gun ownership.

There is no such thing as an Assault Rifle. There are only Assault people. The rifle don't do shit the person behind the stock doesn't tell it to do.

You have no idea what you are talking about. My gun tells me to kill people every day! Just my dog talks me out of it.

"Blame the shooter, not the round.

I liken shooters hating on the .22LR to new bikers insisting they need the liter bike. It's not a penis extension, it's a tool. Most truly good shooters own and use a .22LR. That's all the endorsement I need. :)"

Sorry but that doesn't apply to everyone. Your statement makes me think that you think I am a new shooter. I am most definitely not. I will agree that the .22 is a great platform to learn on, or to practice with due to ammo being cheap. I have a 10/22, a ar conversion kit .22 and a .22 pistol. Hating on it? I'm not hating. It's a small, fast round. That's it. Small being the key word here. While it may be big to a rodent it is not nearly even close enough to being effective for what my needs are. Hunting deer, feral pigs and coyote. The .22 simply does not carry enough energy to stop something bigger than 100 pds..shit..50 pds when it's coming at you with intent to do harm.

Defense against a zombie? That's not a real argument, as zombies aren't real. Now...the world falling to shit Katrina style...Totally real...And I'll stick with my .556 and .308.

As to shot placement with the .556 to make it effective. Yes, of course. That applies to every weapon.. I could show you ballistic wound charts, but....my point is that there are rounds out there to get the job done better.

lawl.

The "gun is a tool" argument is utter hogwash. When you can build a house with a gun, that analogy will be true. A gun exists primarly to kill stuff. I wouldn't call a bow an arrow a tool, I wouldn't call a sword a tool, guns are not tools. I got nothing against guns, but I have heard that tool crap about guns for years and years, and it's always been a silly way for people to justify gun ownership.

Ever heard of a nail gun? What about a staple gun?

lawl.

I have lots of guns. Guns are nothing more than tools, and it's imperative to pick the right one for the job. Guns are tools are just like a screwdriver set, a wrench set, or a jeweler's kit.

12 gauge buckshot for deer and hogs
.22 LR for small game
.223-243 for medium sized game
.270 for medium sized game.
.300 Win Mag, .308, and .338 Lapua for long distance shooting.

9MM, .45 ACP, and .40 S & W for up close and personal self defense.

lawl.

Semantics. You misunderstand "it's a tool". The media demonizes guns and gun owners to be something inherently evil. You hear terms like "assault rifle", "assault weapon", "machine gun" etc. from the media all the time. These are incorrect terms. The only assault rifle ever recorded is the sturmgewehr 44, coined so for the SS by Hitler in WWII. It was named such to instill fear. Just like the media uses it today to instill fear. When I say "it's just a tool" I'm saying that, because like a "hammer, hammers nails" I use a gun to hunt with. It is a tool. If you were ever in the military, they are tools there as well. They shoot bullets, to kill people. It's a tool. Or a weapon. Just like a hammer is a tool. Or a weapon. See where I'm going with this?

Just glad I'm not the only one. For a minute there I thought I was crazy.

If you think my gun or my dog would dare share words with you or anyone else other than me, than you ARE crazy my friend. They are much too loyal for that.

Oh come on, they are just being silly. If you are taking this as a serious weapon then knock it off. They are being goof balls and seeing how much extraneous crap they can bolt on to an AR-15.

I think it is hilarious.

haha, that is pretty ridiculous, yet epic at the same time.

People scoffing at 23 pounds lol

Get deployed to a combat zone. Ready to roll my saw was like 19+, and then the 600 extra rounds on my back, not to mention about 30-35 lbs of extra kit I had

I'd love a 23 lb combat load lol

All the states with stupid gun laws will be lost first if we ever get invaded on our own land.

Just means fewer Pvt. Pyles to worry about taking care of. One of the reasons I'll stick with Arizona.

Seems like this might be perfect if you lived on a rural country farm and wanted a good supply of ammo for the odd zombie nerd wondering onto your farm for your cattle. You could moe-down a lot of zombies in a relatively short period of time from your roof-top, etc.

People are advocating a .22LR, vs zombies? Let's think about this rationally for a moment. Zombies in the classic sense are undead. That means they do not feel pain, or if they do, it's only going to tick them off. To stop an undead zombie you have to do enough damage to it to make it immobile. This means massive disruption to the brain to destroy sensory capacity and motor nerve function, burning to destroy muscle and nerve tissue systemically, full-body dismemberment, or decapitation. A .22LR placed perfectly might sever the spinal nerve bundle but that requires precision marksmanship. Since the odds are in a zombie apocalypse you'll be either running for your life, facing a horde of zombies, and probably dealing with them at night when vision and conditions are poor, a .22LR is probably the WORST choice for a primary anti-zombie weapon. It would be better served as a survival round for procuring food by taking down small game, such as rabbits, squirrels, etc. There's also the idea that zombies must be slow. If zombies are not slow then you have a serious problem if you only have a .22LR. Fast targets are harder to hit precisely.

A better choice for zombies would be any round designed for stopping a human. A 5.56/.223 (Not the exact same round so no technical griping) is a bit underpowered for center of mass on a zombie, but It will do the trick for a head shot. 7.62x39 is a great all-around choice. It's got a bit more knockdown punch so even if you miss a vital spot it will be more likely to stagger a zombie and slow it down. The downside is it's not the most accurate round, though if you're shooting at zombies more than 200 yards away why are you using a carbine? .308 is a beast. It'll do the job, but it's also heavier and you can't carry as much. You can also put a lot more rounds through an assault rifle since the lighter recoil doesn't pound your shoulder up as bad over time. If the SHTF you might be in a T-shirt and high powered rifles + light clothing = ouch over time. Where the .308 shines is as a high-precision sniper round, which is what you'd want it for - taking out targets at a longer range. If you're alone you're better off with a carbine of some kind. Anything larger than a .308 is overkill, unless you're dealing with some kind of mutated uberzombie, which is unlikely unless you're dealing with the second kind of zombie, which would be more technically a mutant from a retrovirus or genetic manipulation. Then all the normal rules of combat apply - knock them down with something that does lots of trauma to vital stuff so that it disrupts blood flow to the brain and stops their intended action quickly.

One largely overlooked choice in anti-zombie weaponry is pistol-caliber carbines. Pistol rounds are great against fleshy targets at ranges up to 100 yards. A .9mm or .45ACP semi-auto carbine loaded up with JHP's is an excellent, effective all-around system. It's even better if your sidearm uses the same ammunition. You can carry a lot of rounds, and each round has great terminal effect. The recoil is negligible so you can shoot as much as you need and not tire out or become sore as quickly as with a rifle.

Now as for the impractical zombie gun in the video... it's a marketing tool for their accessories as has been said before. If you really need to carry that much ammo go out and get some web gear or a molle system and buy magazine pouches to go with them. That's what they're for. If you're in a hurry and don't have that stuff then throw your mags in a backpack, strap it on, and go.

"Blame the shooter, not the round.

I liken shooters hating on the .22LR to new bikers insisting they need the liter bike. It's not a penis extension, it's a tool. Most truly good shooters own and use a .22LR. That's all the endorsement I need. :)"

Sorry but that doesn't apply to everyone. Your statement makes me think that you think I am a new shooter. I am most definitely not. I will agree that the .22 is a great platform to learn on, or to practice with due to ammo being cheap. I have a 10/22, a ar conversion kit .22 and a .22 pistol. Hating on it? I'm not hating. It's a small, fast round. That's it. Small being the key word here. While it may be big to a rodent it is not nearly even close enough to being effective for what my needs are. Hunting deer, feral pigs and coyote. The .22 simply does not carry enough energy to stop something bigger than 100 pds..shit..50 pds when it's coming at you with intent to do harm.

Defense against a zombie? That's not a real argument, as zombies aren't real. Now...the world falling to shit Katrina style...Totally real...And I'll stick with my .556 and .308.

As to shot placement with the .556 to make it effective. Yes, of course. That applies to every weapon.. I could show you ballistic wound charts, but....my point is that there are rounds out there to get the job done better.

+1

thanks for explaining that.

I've been shooting since I was 7 years old, and that's been a long time ago. hardly a new shooter. I own about 5 .22's awesome round for SOME of the reasons stated. anyone that thinks a .22 is something to depend on for your life, needs a reality check.

Is it lethal? sure, it's a favorite tool of deer poachers. even without a suppressor it won't draw the law on you like blasting away with a high powered rifle at night. but putting a bullet in a deer's head while its standing still in a spotlight is a bit different than dropping something, man or beast, that's fired up on Adrenaline and trying to do bad things to you.

I never got to shoot any zombies while I was in the Army, but I was a .50 cal gunner so I think I had the tool I needed for that. Also works great on Zombie car and trucks just in case it's a maximum overdrive machine zombie apocalypse scenario :rolleyes:

And yeah, I have a Tacticool AR-15 on the rack, with Light, Laser and Eotech. just in case another dumbass pillhead zombie tries to break in the house.

Oxycontin. where real zombies come from.

It really depends on which type of zombie we are talking about. With a Night of the living dead type you might have a chance but with a 28 days later zombie you're a bloody buffet. Those things can sprint all day. What a waste of a otherwise nice firearm.

Back