2232bw, 2232gw, 226cw which is better?

SpiderWaffle

Limp Gawd
Anyone have one of these and tell me what they think? I heard the 2232bw is basically a 226bw but guaranteed an S panel. The 226cw is supposed to have a wider color gamute but this can give the appearance of more motion blur in games. The 2232gw is newer, but I don't know much about it other than high gloss anti-glare, (oxymoron?)

You are not guaranteed a S-panel for 2232BW. The same applies to 2232GW. Only 226CW does guarantee you a S-panel.

a lot of people dont like the wider gamut as it reduces colour accuracy. get these from a store with easy return policy so you can try them and keep the one you like. monitors are so subjective its hard to recommend much, you may love the 226CW you may not.

Well about the difference between the 2232bw and the 2232gw? I've seen a review comparing the 226bw to the 2232gw and the gw looked nicer, but the high gloss could be a problem.

Well I'm hoping the gw starts getting sold at best buy, it's already at circuit city and fry's, do you think best buy would start selling it soon?

I think the gw is the best one monitor now, unless you don't like high gloss, then 2232bw or 226cw depends on whether you want color gamute or color accuracy. But it sounds like the 225cw isn't as good for games with more motion blur because of this difference. Fvck gamute, give me accuracy.

good call;) the accuracy is better. take a look at the 245BW as well. i know its a 24", but if you're in the market for a TN panel and are aware of the drawbacks and don't care (like me) then it really is the best TN there is right now. i found a big difference in quality between it and the 226BW.

Back