2200G not up to snuff for Planet Coaster?

Neapolitan6th

[H]ard|Gawd
0331180022_HDR.jpg I was hoping this game would run fine on the 2200g if I just turned down some settings.

It really worries me this.. Does it look like the CPU is the bottleneck here?

In the middle of overclcoking it. GPU 1530mhz, ddr4 3000mhz, cpu 3.85ghz.

Perhaps I should have gone for the hyperthreaded 2400g... The GPU utilization makes me wonder if it would even improve that much with a discrete gpu.

Thanks [H]

Game engine is just officially shit.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/493340/discussions/0/133261907149809909/

Sorry dude, game borked with no sign of anyone planning fixes. A 6700k overclocked gets unplayable at higher complexity simulations, so no it's a single-threaded issue.

Sometimes shitty games are just shittty. And then the smart thing would be to get your money back from Steam,, and tell everyone you know to avoid it :D

Or you could be one of those apologists who takes the pain just to say they're a loyal follower? That' been all-the-rage since Croudfunded Video Game Of The Week™ started.

Last edited:
Game engine is just officially shit.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/493340/discussions/0/133261907149809909/

Sorry dude, game borked with no sign of anyone planning fixes. A 6700k overclocked gets unplayable at higher complexity simulations, so no it's a single-threaded issue.

Sometimes shitty games are just shittty. And then the smart thing would be to get your money back from Steam,, and tell everyone you know to avoid it :D

Or you could be one of those apologists who takes the pain just to say they're a loyal follower? That' been all-the-rage since Croudfunded Video Game Of The Week™ started.

Hmm I see, I see. The problem with sandbox games always seems to be the simulation is as demanding as the player decides to make it. (Space Engineers -_-) It was a complex scenario I built. Worked fine on my old 6800k and 1070. But yes, would be nice to see better utilization. (This is a build for a friend)

Beats some roller coaster tycoon money grab any day of the week though. I'll test out some less complex worlds it seems.

Currently realing in ddr4 OCs and timings.

Last edited:
After doing more research, the game is also memory bandwidth starved. This is the memory scaling for Ryzen r7 1700 @ 3.75 GHz on the game. You see a 20% bump in average performance. See here for ALL tested games:

https://imgur.com/a/sbwqK

Unfortunately, the powerful integrated GPU on that Raven Ridge with 3200 DDDR4 is going to leave the CPU just as bandwidth-starved as a Ryzen running 2100 DDR4. So I'd expect the same performance hition a number of CPU-limited games.games.

wm67HtV.png

But on the upside,those deficits will go away should the owner ever upgrade to a discrete graphics card. And for most of these games, the framerate is still playable on 2100. Planet Coasters is the exception :(

I was able to finally get it to perform and look acceptable.

Resolution 1600x1200 @27-32 fps on a fairly complex park. Lowest settings, no multisampling. (Same settings run at 60fps on a simpler starter campaign world)

After OCing the 2200g as far as it would go on acceptable voltages.

IGPU: 1525 mhz
CPU: 3.9ghz
DDR4: 3200mhz 15-17-17-34

Next I will compare my results to a 12 thread machine with a GT 1030.

Last edited:
TLDR: My 2200G GPU is bottlenecking me more than its CPU or Memory

Tried out the GT1030 and here are my results:

CPU: 6800k 12 threads @ 3.7ghz (similar ipc)
DDR4: 3200 CL 15
GPU: GT 1030 stock and overclocked

Same save and game world used.

27-36 FPS remarkably similar to the overclocked 2200G. Overclocked to 1900mhz the GT 1030 showed only a few fps gain over stock.

I would say there was in general a 5fps difference over the overclocked 2200G when conpared to the stock GT1030.

I believe this difference in mainly attributed to the extra threads available. As the GT 1030 and 2200G offer quite comparable performance.

As I know the 6800k used to push 1440 Ultra settings with a GTX 1070 at performance above 40fps, I must conclude that the GPU is the limiting factor of my current performance.

Wait, I'm confused: 1600x1200? Are you running a CRT, or an LCD so ancient the input lag is measured in seconds?

Planet Coaster runs horrible once a park has a lot of guests. It is just the nature of the beast.

I wish they would invest in time for DX12 too. They can keep DX11 as well.

Planet Coaster runs horrible once a park has a lot of guests. It is just the nature of the beast.

I wish they would invest in time for DX12 too. They can keep DX11 as well.
I'm stoked for a game publisher/developer like Paradox Interactive, Stardock, Firaxis to develop a truely scalable engine for games like this. Especially games in the stategy genre. I believe Paradox would be the most likely to do this this with their hoard of popular real time strategy games. It'll be exciting to see what they come up with.

Sorry for bumping this old thread but what kind of processor do you all think Planet Coaster would need to handle 7000 to 10,000 guests in a huge theme park with at least 25 to 30 fps + minimum? ? If it is even possible.

probably like a 9500K or 3600 and overclock it? the situation for poorly-threaded games hasn't improved that much in the past few years... AMD is ahead in IPC now with Zen 2 but clocks are still lower than Intel.

Supreme Commander has this same sort of issue. The simulation speed slows to a crawl with thousands of units on a big map... it's been 12 years now of "can this CPU run SupCom?" and the answer is still "sort of"

Back