$220 Planar PX2710MW 27" 2ms 1080p LCD Monitor

l00segravel

Limp Gawd
Ben's Bargain's has this deal that expires today[11/10].

Dell has the Planar PX2710MW 27" 2ms 1080p LCD Monitor for $470 - $250 off with coupon code BSDZ3NNN$QL69? [11/10] = $220 with free shipping.

Link

A3401314.jpg

Seems like a good deal, but I don't know much about Planar and their quality of monitors. I was interested in getting ASUS VE276Q 27" Monitor, but this deal is almost too good to pass up with the Planar px2710mw. Does anyone have experience with Planar or have recommendations between those two monitors?

Planar makes some of the best monitors for professionals.

My only beef is the resolution is really low for a 27 inch monitor. I'll have to pass.

This looks interesting. Any other feedback on Planar and/or this model in particular?

Also, anyone had experience with Dell's policy concerning dead pixels?

very good picture unless you stick your nose about 10" from the screen then you can see the pixels.
Color looks great and whites look W H I T E.
most low ends can't do white worth a damn.

now don't get me wrong at this res you have to sit back from the screen more so might as well get a 24 and crowd it LOL

ps WHERE ARE ALL THOSE SUPER 120 27in monitors that they talked about last year....

This looks interesting. Any other feedback on Planar and/or this model in particular?

Also, anyone had experience with Dell's policy concerning dead pixels?

I've been hearing good things about this display.

I love my Planar SA2311w. Its easily the best monitor that I have owned. Their customer service is also excellent.

very good picture unless you stick your nose about 10" from the screen then you can see the pixels.
Color looks great and whites look W H I T E.
most low ends can't do white worth a damn.

now don't get me wrong at this res you have to sit back from the screen more so might as well get a 24 and crowd it LOL

everyone has their own opinion but using the recommended THX viewing distance (at a 36° viewing angle) works out to 3 feet exactly.

I've had one for months...got it from Dell for $250. I'm about 5 seconds from pulling the trigger on another one. Absolutely awesome monitor. I've loved every second i've had it. No dead pixels...clear text, colors are excellent. BF3 looks fantastic.

must...resist...no...don't...do it oh carp you did it. :p

I've been pimping these monitors ever since I bought 2 from Newegg for around $329.00. I 'd pay that price all over again if I had to, love mine.

debating on it. I have a 24 in now dunno if it would really be worth it.

I got one for a little more than this price a few months back.

It's a good unit, but the colors (at least on mine) are not nearly as impressive as some may make them out to be. I spent several hours trying to get it to look correct compared to the other monitors I had set it up with and it's still off.

Maybe I've got a bad unit or something, or I've just not stumbled onto the correct settings, but at this point I don't have the patience to muck with it anymore. Did anyone else have to play with the settings on this thing to get it to look right?

obvious shitty marketing website...

just post the dell link next time man, so it looks more legit of a place next time before we click it :) what the hell is bens bargains?? lol

unless that is your website, then sorry lol (hey "spamming" personal marketing websites here is against the rules any ways here :D )

Actually I believe "Bens Bargains" and "1 Sale A Day" are the same site, or at least the same company. Been around for years, no problem with a few orders from me. Ooooops. I was thinking of Ben's Outlet. Not sure if they are connected or not, too lazy to check right now.

I used this lcd for several months as a temporary tv (just upgraded to a 46" Samsung). I think the Planar is perhaps a tad too big for a regular pc monitor, though I never really used it as one. Paid $250 for mine. This is a nice deal.

Coupon seems still good now til 11/17/11, and Free 7day shipping still, but product is out of stock.

How does this monitor (picture quality-wise) compare with those Hanns-G/Hannspree 27" 1920x1200 16:10 monitors? I have a few of those and are happy with the size + res (got meh eyesight so its good for me). Only complaint about these Hanns-G's are that the picture quality (colors etc.) are kinda washed out. If the Planar color-reproduction is much better than I would considering buying it (albeit downgrading myself to 1920x1080 versus 1920x1200). Thanks.

I ordered this monitor from Dell about six-months ago during a similar sale and it has been flawless-- no dead or stuck pixels although sometimes there is slight color-banding when displaying flesh tones. Other than that, it's been spectacular and my co-worker just bought this same monitor last month. Only gripe is the less-than-glamorous name plastered across the top bezel that invokes thoughts of plantar warts! :p

I had this model for 6 months and it was great for what it is. 1920 x 1080 is ok in 27" as long as your not to close. Only reason I sold it was some one offered me substantially more than I paid for it. :)

Back