22 Minutes of Overkill's Upcoming Walking Dead Game

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Earlier this month we showed the trailer for Overkill's upcoming "The Walking Dead" game, and now we have a 22 minute gameplay video to let you know what you're actually in for. Polygon played through the Central Georgetown mission with some of the devs, and the response has been, unfavorable.

Aside from the bland gameplay, the completely incompetent AI, stiff animations, dated graphics and a questionable art style, I think it looks, well still pretty awful. I guess that trailer from earlier this month was one of those "vertical slices."

So I can kill zombies when they're 3 arms away? That looks awful..

Fan of the show, fan of State of Decay 1 and 2. This looks amazing in screenshots, but the gameplay reminds me of an indie 3D game.
I'm disappointed.

PayDead 2, even has the same repetitive voice chatter.
wonder how much DLC they will pump into this corpse.

Not too impressed but maybe after some beers, and $9.99 price I'll click the button. By then no one will be playing......entertainment these days is seriously lacking.

Left 4 Dead is a better game than this and it came out in 2008.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Left 4 Dead 0.5, I have faith in overkill, because payday 2 is one fun coop game. But from this video, this is not ready for prime time.

Doesn't anyone besides me ever wonder how car batteries still work after years of not being charged? What about gasoline that would go bad after one year? LOL...
gasoline doesn't go bad after a year, the additives in it might, but it's still usable.
car batteries can be charged even after they run completely flat. Not with an "intelligent" charger though.

gasoline doesn't go bad after a year, the additives in it might, but it's still usable.
car batteries can be charged even after they run completely flat. Not with an "intelligent" charger though.
As a mechanic I can tell you that gasoline does go bad by the one year mark. It starts to lose octane after about 6 months. In about 2 years, gasoline becomes like shellac. Diesel doesn't do so well either. It starts to lose hectane. Propane however, never goes bad. In an apocalyptic situation, propane is the fuel that I would be searching for! As far a batteries go, there are ways to charge them. Wind and solar come to mind. Maybe even hydro-electric, if one was industrious enough. (Such as myself!)

Doesn't anyone besides me ever wonder how car batteries still work after years of not being charged? What about gasoline that would go bad after one year? LOL...

I don't tend to get too worked up about realism in video games about zombies. Historical documentaries, sure... Sci-fi horror games I'll cut a little Slack.

Dude shoots protagonist a few times with an ak-47 - she shrugs it off, and then casually kills him with a slash from a machete...

Hard pass. lol

the show lost me some years back. has a good episode once in a while, but I simply dont care about the interpersonal "drama" but that holds for much of whats on tv nowadays.

Back