22 inch monitor help

staknhalo

Supreme [H]ardness
My old 19 inch ws ViewSonic is starting to go after a couple of years (least i got my money out of it imo) and I am in the market for a new monitor. Unfortunately due to space limitations I gotta stick with 22 inch. Now I do pretty much only movies/tv/media center and gaming on this aside from run of the mill web browsing, pron, ect. Now I know the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA is all the rage right now; and should be good for my movies ect with the IPS panel if I understand correctly (monitor panels aren't my forte). So that there is on the table. Now what is out there in terms of a TN panel that I can also consider purchasing (and for those who curse TN panels, just humor me please)? I don't care if the res is 1080 instead of 1050. Any help is appreciated guys.

LG L227WTG-PF -- Fastest 22" TN on the market for gaming. Has a glossy screen but not too annoying when compared with others like the Acer F22, hp w2408h, and Gateway FHD2401. Picture is pretty nice too, IMO.

Also check out the BenQ E2200HD -- 1080p resolution in a smaller package.

LG L227WTG-PF -- Fastest 22" TN on the market for gaming. Has a glossy screen but not too annoying when compared with others like the Acer F22, hp w2408h, and Gateway FHD2401. Picture is pretty nice too, IMO.

Also check out the BenQ E2200HD -- 1080p resolution in a smaller package.

+1 for the LG if you go TN, I like mine. However, when I replace it, I will certainly be doing it with an IPS monitor.

I'm pretty much on par w/staknhalo ... I'm limited on space & can only go up to a 22" LCD.

I've been eye balling the Acer X223Wbd Black ... for a solution, but it's 21.5" size is the absolute limit to width I can fit in current space.(which may change in near future)

NewEgg.com has them on sale for $169.99 shipped & for the current specs & my use it looks like a winner.

I noticed brencat said something about glossy displays & mentioned a Acer F22 the higher end model. Which I wasn't looking at anyways.

Just looking for ppl in the know that might be about to enlighten some of us unknowing n00bs =P

I'm at about the limit of my 19.5 widescreen ViewSonic & def need an upgrade. Thanks for any responses ...

Back