$22 Corsair 400W PSU after MIR

cbliss1000

Limp Gawd
Newegg 72-hour sale has a Corsair 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified PSU for $22 shipped after MIR. Use Promo Code EMCYVZT28. Not bad at all.

Link.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic PSU for the money, and adequate for a lot more systems than most builders/hobbyists/overclockers think. Definitely worth posting here.

I have one powering my HTPC. Super quiet and works great, as always with Corsair.

I couldn't resist getting another.:eek: I've been using these power supplies on my low cost/ budget/ charity builds and I love them. Don't have to feel guilty about not spending more since these have been so reliable and stable.:D

Wanted a good quality low power PSU for my HTPC. It was either this or the EA-380. I've been waiting on a good deal for either one. Looks like Corsair won :)

Corsair quality for a PowMax price! Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I had bought 2 of these few weeks ago when they were $20 AR shipped. I used one for a client and it failed within 2 weeks.

Must be a reason why these are $20 AR. :c/

I had bought 2 of these few weeks ago when they were $20 AR shipped. I used one for a client and it failed within 2 weeks.

Must be a reason why these are $20 AR. :c/

How is the other one doing? Im sure you already know, but faulty brand new products do exist. Unfortunately you may have just receivevd a bad one.

I bought one of these back in December for my parent's build. It lasted one day. The next day, it would not power on at all, dead as a brick. Thankfully, newegg payed to return ship and sent a new one right away. The second one has worked well. I noticed a trend of reviews where people commented these lasted 5-7 hours before failing. Must be some small QC issues.

How is the other one doing? Im sure you already know, but faulty brand new products do exist. Unfortunately you may have just receivevd a bad one.

I ended up giving my client the 2nd one I had. So far so good. Hopefully it will stay that way. But my friends failed from the beginning and had to RMA.

Hopefully it's just a bad batch or something.

Never had any issues with higher end Corsairs.

Well, even in the numbers of them that I go through, my experience doesn't count for much in the scheme of things ... but I build computers professionally and have gone through somewhere north of a hundred 400CX PSUs. Out of those, I had one DOA and have had no reported problems from customers. They are truly solid units but there's always some percent that is faulty, with every brand and model. In my case so far it has been less than 1%, which is about as good as I've seen. They are truly well-built and high-quality PSUs.

Back