[21st] photo slideshow creator

nismohks

Limp Gawd
so its my friend's 21st and i'm told i gotta make a slideshow of photos but i have no idea what to use.

are there any software packages out there for this type of work?

... besides powerpoint....

any creative geniuses out there guys?/
thanks

Windows Movie Maker 2. It's free and a decent program. You can add music if you want, too.

well i have powerpoint already, but basically im just over it LOL

i didnt know windows movie maker can just use photos.... cool

The last time i wanted to make a video slideshow, I used Virtualdub. I just strung the pictures together, told it to adjust the framerate to fit a music soundtrack, then added credits. I encoded into an AVI using a Microsoft codec, and used a resolution of 1024x768. The slideshow was being given out as promotional material, so I stuck in ton a CD along with a copy of Media Player Classic, and an autorun.inf file to make it play fullscreen automatically.

If you are XP you can use Photo Story 3, its free genuine software from microsoft. Also Irfanview has a slideshow creator and it will create an exe for portability.

which one looks the best? in terms of transitions or effect etc?

im really a noob on this so any hints on what i should get and what i should do?

Windows Movie Maker 2. It's free and a decent program. You can add music if you want, too.

NOT!... I'm trying to make a photo slideshow with WMM2 with a few hundred pictures and it crashes, is incredilbly slow, and is telling me I ran out of memory even though I have 1 gig which should be enough I would think.. i need to find an alternative now because windows movie maker just plain sucks :mad:

NOT!... I'm trying to make a photo slideshow with WMM2 with a few hundred pictures and it crashes, is incredilbly slow, and is telling me I ran out of memory even though I have 1 gig which should be enough I would think.. i need to find an alternative now because windows movie maker just plain sucks :mad:

Wow, resurrection. I said it was decent, not amazing. :)

Yes, it is unstable. Yes, it freezes a lot. Not the best program, but decent for being free. It's also good for small projects. A few hundred pictures in one slideshow is not a small project for it. ;)

Another recommendation for Google Picasa.

I used it to make a slideshow for my graduation. Worked really well for me

Back