$213 Xbox One Or PS4, $340 PS4 Pro, And More Console Deals Today

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
How low will they go? If you are still looking to get an Xbox or PS4, now might be the right time. In regards to the latter, I really think the regular PS4 is the better choice, for reasons beyond price. And about Cyber Monday, I really hope the digital keys for some of the newer PC releases drop in price like the boxed versions did during BF, since I was in no mood to wait or do any physical shopping…

Cyber Monday is almost upon us, and there's still no shortage of excellent deals on game consoles. The PS4 Pro is down to $340 at Amazon and Target. The Uncharted 4 PS4 slim bundle, meanwhile, is down to $212.49 at Target. On the Xbox One side, you can get the 500 GB Minecraft Xbox One S bundle for $212.49 at Amazon and Target. (Target also has several other 500 GB bundles for that price.) If you're looking for a more premium model, the green 1 TB Battlefield 1 bundle is down to $255 at Amazon and Target. Best Buy still has various Xbox One S bundles for $50 off with a free controller. Note that all of Target's deals stem from a storewide 15 percent off promotion available today and tomorrow, November 27.

Geez thats cheap.

Tempting to pickup a spare One. Could actually play network games.

Wait to any modern console games actually allow a true local network game anymore????

Really you should buy whatever console your friends have. While the PS4 Pro games do look better, all my friends have Xboxes, so I would never play on my PS4.

I'm convinced that Sony will release a PS4 Super Pro 6 months after Microsoft launches their new Xbox One to compete on specs.

Who else bought something on Friday only to see the Monday sale price be slightly lower?

Geez thats cheap.

Tempting to pickup a spare One. Could actually play network games.

Wait to any modern console games actually allow a true local network game anymore????

They both technically do, but devs no longer add it to their games.

I'm convinced that Sony will release a PS4 Super Pro 6 months after Microsoft launches their new Xbox One to compete on specs.

I'm not a sucker, I'm gonna wait for the PS4 Super Pro Fall 2017 Edition w/ exclusive pre-order performance enhancements.

Don't see the PS4 Pro prices as referenced here at either Amazon or Target....

With your help, we can cure Consolitis. For just $5 a day, you too can build a PC for a person suffering from consolitis.

I was thinking are there any console games that I want to play anyway? And I couldn't come up with any.

They want to make a "cheaper console" presence before Nintendo Switch comes out.

PS4 Pro will definitely add a 4K UHD drive with a revision soon. :D

It was dumb of them to launch without one. With the PS4 Pro they should have made sure their box was better than the Xbox One S in every way, but instead they made it so the Xbox One S is the cheapest and best 4K Blu-Ray player around. If you want to watch 4K Blu-Ray disks why would you get something other than a One S?

It was dumb of them to launch without one. With the PS4 Pro they should have made sure their box was better than the Xbox One S in every way, but instead they made it so the Xbox One S is the cheapest and best 4K Blu-Ray player around. If you want to watch 4K Blu-Ray disks why would you get something other than a One S?

Smells like confirmation bias.

The reality is, Sony did the right thing: not increasing the BOM for the 99%, just for the <1% that will actually bother with a dying format (physical optical). I know there are always special snowflakes in these threads that think because they still occasionally rent/buy physical disks that everyone does, but the trend is overwhelming toward streaming.

Until the Scorpio actually materializes, the PS4 Pro will remain most powerful where it matters: GAMES. Because that's what's most important to the most people, as evidenced by the original PS4 landslide over the XB One after MS gambled and lost on the "Xbox as a TV/media" box.

The reality is, Sony did the right thing: not increasing the BOM for the 99%, just for the <1% that will actually bother with a dying format (physical optical). I know there are always special snowflakes in these threads that think because they still occasionally rent/buy physical disks that everyone does, but the trend is overwhelming toward streaming.

Until the Scorpio actually materializes, the PS4 Pro will remain most powerful where it matters: GAMES. Because that's what's most important to the most people, as evidenced by the original PS4 landslide over the XB One after MS gambled and lost on the "Xbox as a TV/media" box.

Sony said it was a combination of price and time when explaining the reasoning behind the omission of the 4K UHD disc drive. It's not a big deal, but it's just something buyers can nitpick on. I personally like the PS4 Pro but got the Xbox One S while I wait for Sony to make a minor revision and include the 4K UHD drive in a future revision. I used to have the PS4 and Xbox One, but I really want to consolidate all these boxes into 1 if possible.

Sony said it was a combination of price and time when explaining the reasoning behind the omission of the 4K UHD disc drive. It's not a big deal, but it's just something buyers can nitpick on. I personally like the PS4 Pro but got the Xbox One S while I wait for Sony to make a minor revision and include the 4K UHD drive in a future revision. I used to have the PS4 and Xbox One, but I really want to consolidate all these boxes into 1 if possible.

Sony saved me a bunch of money by not including a 4K Blu-Ray player. One of the most epic fails I have ever seen in my 46 years.

I would agree with you if we were not talking about 4K. If you want content you first would need to have a decent connection then you would have to find a good place to get 4K content. I have a Sony tv and my options are Sony's platform for only buying Sony movies, or Vudu as long as a I have a Roku 4. But then Vudu doesn't have all 4K movies. So really physical is the best option to actually have 4K movies to watch. I am planning on getting a UHD player just to be able to actually watch 4K movies. As for the cost of the drive, if it was so much extra that Xbox One S would have shot up in price a huge amount since it has a UHD. Which it did not jump that horrible of an amount.

Back