21:9 Monitor over 29"?

There is a press release on LG's site about these. It seems there will be multiple models, but it doesn't give a lot of details yet. I'm very excited about these.

From the press release it looks like there will be a "pro" model (UM95) and a "consumer" model (UM65). Hopefully the UM65 will lose a lot of the price without a lot of the necessary features.

Having owned Eyefinity and Surround setups, I really miss the ultra widescreen format. However, there are so many drawbacks (stuttering, tearing, sync issues) that it's hard to recommend them for fast paced gaming. It's impossible to go back from 120Hz Lightboost.

I really want a 21:9, 2560x1080, 120Hz, ULMB/Lightboost display that's physically quite a bit larger than 29". Ideally something with the same vertical height as a 27" 16:9 screen. I wouldn't want to go higher in resolution as 120fps is going to be tough at that resolution anyway.

I'd drop a ton of cash on something like that.

Having owned Eyefinity and Surround setups, I really miss the ultra widescreen format. However, there are so many drawbacks (stuttering, tearing, sync issues) that it's hard to recommend them for fast paced gaming. It's impossible to go back from 120Hz Lightboost.

I really want a 21:9, 2560x1080, 120Hz, ULMB/Lightboost display that's physically quite a bit larger than 29". Ideally something with the same vertical height as a 27" 16:9 screen. I wouldn't want to go higher in resolution as 120fps is going to be tough at that resolution anyway.

I'd drop a ton of cash on something like that.

Man, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Same boat. I ran 3x27" nvidia surround and while it was awesome, it was a teeny bit too big. I did a bunch of research then found this thread. I had already determined that 34" 1080p monitor was perfect, glad others agree. Can't wait to buy one.

Also, 2 GTX 780s weren't enough to power 5760x1080 on ultra for Battlefield 4. The resolution was too high for 3GB. I think it'll be perfect at 2560 X 1080. I think the 1440 isn't yet necessary for me.

Back