20th Century Fox Debuts New “Logan” Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you like the idea of Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine, this is obviously right up your alley. If you are sick and tired of Hugh playing Wolverine, well, “Logan” may still be of mild interest—this is allegedly his last performance as the popular manlet (in the comics, anyway). The funny thing about seeing Patrick Stewart in these is that he actually has some of Wolverine’s powers in real life; he just doesn’t seem to be aging.

Man, that guy has had that role for half of my lifetime. About time he retired.

It's also interesting to compare how 'roided up he is now compared to when he started the role in the first X-Men movie.

I liked all of the Logan/Wolverine movies. This one doesn't seem as interesting. Maybe a RedBox item.

The timelines are really starting to bug me. In the trailer he has metal claws again even though he lost them in his last movie. Ugh.

Sbould have stopped at the first teaser. That one was superb. This one is meh.

Can't wait...do some people seriously dislike Hugh Jackman as Wolverine? Seems born to play it.

anyone that dislikes him as wolverine never actually read the comics, of all the people in the x-men movies he seems the only one that has taken the role seriously and became the character instead of changing the character to be like them. it'll be sad to see them replace him so i'm hoping with this movie they're just able to retire wolverine and use the girl from this movie to replace him if they plan on making any other future movies.

I liked all of the Logan/Wolverine movies. This one doesn't seem as interesting. Maybe a RedBox item.

The timelines are really starting to bug me. In the trailer he has metal claws again even though he lost them in his last movie. Ugh.

i know what you mean, they did a terrible job with making sure the wolverine movies paired correctly with the x-men movies and it's became a confusing mess for some people. i think the marvel controlled movies/tv shows are the only ones that have properly kept the timelines in order between all the various movies, avengers, and Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D..

we already have a tread goin on this, for a while now...
also, when ever I used to post movie stuff itd get moved behind the paywall, so I paid. now it gets to stay in front page news, wtf?!
https://hardforum.com/threads/logan.1915266/

edit: at least give credit to Sorce for posting it first

thats assuming he saw it there since it was posted on the front page minutes after the trailer was put on IMDB....

Last edited:
He is the best Marvel character portrayer of anyone. I really wish Marvel could actually make good use to him instead of being stuck with Fox. I didn't think much of the other two Wolverine movie but this looks incredible. Wolverine was made to be a rated R movie. Can't wait to see parents grabbing their 8 year old kids and running out of the movie after 10 mins. Saw it happen when I went to see Dead pool.

I don't know, but seeing a little girl cutting into a guys neck. Just feels wrong. Not interested.

I think this movie looks good. It loosely follows the Old Man Logan story arc which is very dark and definitely not PG-13. I think this will be a fitting way for Hugh Jackman to bid fair well as Wolverine. I just hope Fox also lets Wolverine rest after this because it will be a hard sell for anyone to pick up Wolverine after Hugh Jackman.

Honestly looking forward to this, will definitely watch once it hits blu-ray. I have my grievances with the X-Men franchise in general, but Huge Jackman's Wolverine isn't one of them.

thats assuming he saw it there since it was posted on the front page minutes after the trailer was put on IMDB....
um no. it was posted at like 9am in the other thread, this thread started at 245pm. so it was out hours before and the other threads been going since oct. front page posters should check that....

anyone that dislikes him as wolverine never actually read the comics, of all the people in the x-men movies he seems the only one that has taken the role seriously and became the character instead of changing the character to be like them. it'll be sad to see them replace him so i'm hoping with this movie they're just able to retire wolverine and use the girl from this movie to replace him if they plan on making any other future movies.

The main (only) problem I have with Hugh Jackman is that he's way too tall for Wolverine. People complain about Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher because of his height yet give a pass to taller actors playing shorter characters. And the comic makes play of Wolverine's height quite a lot. (They could have said Reacher is suppose to also be physically imposing, which Cruise is not, though Sylvester Stallone was a physically imposing short guy)

These Wolverine movies are basically fan fiction at this point. They just keep putting him into various 'cool' scenarios that are completely unrelated to the previous movies or the large 'x-men' universe.

Actually, it's not all that different than a comic book...

The main (only) problem I have with Hugh Jackman is that he's way too tall for Wolverine
that is the only real prob, he's way tall for wolvie whos like 5'3" or something. and some say he's not ugly/hairy enough but I think he is. other than that I think he did a great job translating the character to film.

I am really looking forward to this. It's going to be sad to see Jackman leave Wolverine behind, but I can't blame him. The strain he has to put on his body every time he gets in shape for the role, especially when he isn't that young anymore. I never expected to see X-23 in a movie either and I'm really excited to see how they handle it. It's great see Patrick Stewart back as Xavier as well, in more than a glorified cameo like he had in Days of Future Past.

If you like the idea of Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine, this is obviously right up your alley. If you are sick and tired of Hugh playing Wolverine, well, “Logan” may still be of mild interest—this is allegedly his last performance as the popular manlet (in the comics, anyway). The funny thing about seeing Patrick Stewart in these is that he actually has some of Wolverine’s powers in real life; he just doesn’t seem to be aging.

Man some of that wire-fu at the end looks tacky. For all the crap that Zack Snyder gets, his action sequences (especially the physics of it) is fantastic in Watchmen. The only director I've seen come close to getting the impact right is the Russo Brothers.

That wasn't Patrick Stewart acting... he really just sounds all super old and gravelly like that.

That wasn't Patrick Stewart acting... he really just sounds all super old and gravelly like that.

Some people age weirdly.

You have a few people who are basically youthful for their entire lives. When they're 50, they still look 30. When they're 80, they look like they're 50.

Then you have other people who, the moment they turn 20, look like they're 40. Fortunately, some of these people can stay 40 for several decades. Sean Connery was 30 in Dr. No. Kevin Costner was 33 when he filmed Field of Dreams, where he played a 38 year old. Patrick Stewart seems to fall into the latter category.

Some people age weirdly.

You have a few people who are basically youthful for their entire lives. When they're 50, they still look 30. When they're 80, they look like they're 50.

Then you have other people who, the moment they turn 20, look like they're 40. Fortunately, some of these people can stay 40 for several decades. Sean Connery was 30 in Dr. No. Kevin Costner was 33 when he filmed Field of Dreams, where he played a 38 year old. Patrick Stewart seems to fall into the latter category.

He looked old even back when TNG first started. He kept looking roughly the same for several years it was only recently that he started really aging.

hmz_Gnc_C.gif

SZb4_CV8.gif

YG9bSCa.gif

ht1b0OB.gif

AVX17kl.gif

JCkq7bC.gif

This is basically their play on the Old Man Logan arc....though they obviously cannot use The Hulk so it's just going to be Old Man Logan in spirit.

Still looking forward to it.

I don't know, but seeing a little girl cutting into a guys neck. Just feels wrong. Not interested.

I think they are going for the ISIS shock value, we have all seen the videos and pictures of them using little kids to shoot, behead and mutilate. It's a shame that we have to dig that low to interest an audience these days. A real shame.

Another point, is that I don't understand the hatred towards Hugh Jackman, he is a good actor (ok, not great, but who is these days), and seems like a genuine decent guy in real life.

Last edited:
I think they are going for the ISIS shock value, we have all seen the videos and pictures of them using little kids to shoot, behead and mutilate. It's a shame that we have to dig that low to interest an audience these days. A real shame.

Another point, is that I don't understand the hatred towards Hugh Jackman, he is a good actor (ok, not great, but who is these days), and seems like a genuine decent guy in real life.

Or you could do about five seconds of actual research and realize she is based on a character from the comics that has been around since 2004 and how she acts in the trailer is accurate to the fucking character at the time of her introduction. But that would distract from your stupid theory.

Patrick Stewart looks amazing in this as Professor X...Jackman also seems to be bringing his A game for Wolverine's swan song...definitely looks like the best standalone Wolverine movie by far

Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine. No doubt about it. But this just doesn't pique my interest. Of course they had to bring a little girl into the mix. When did he ever have a kid in the comics or cartoon? I'll definitely watch it but waiting for it to come to video.

"I spout shit and I'm sticking to it!" riiight....
the kid's is pretty bang on for the character and she literally IS a mini wolvie clone(x23). its not about sensationalizing violence, she basically a wild animal.

You might be right, but i still stand by my comment.

No, I AM right. X-23 was first introduced in 2004 in a story that revolved around her, as a young teen, killing people. There was a big story arc revolving around people finding out who was killing people with adamantium claws, with Wolverine not being a suspect due to there only being two claw marks, that ended with them finding her, which developed into learning about X-23 and her backstory. For obvious reasons I'll avoid going into detail about the character and why she acts like she does, but it is accurate to what her character was like back in 2004. Ever since her introduction there has been a huge demand for X-23 to be in the X-men movies and with this being the last like Jackman plays Wolverine this is really the only point that you could introduce her character. Age in comics is a very weird thing but the X-23 in the movie is probably a couple/few years younger than she was supposed to be in the comics, but with the story they seem to be telling it makes more sense than making her a 14-15 year old. X-23 is an outstanding character in the comics, well worth adapting into what looks like a really good movie. Something to note about comics though: The idea of kids killing people, sometime brutally, is not exactly an uncommon thing. Hell, Batman's son was a trained assassin at 10.

It's also interesting to compare how 'roided up he is now compared to when he started the role in the first X-Men movie.

Jackman has stated that he didn't do anywhere near enough body work for the first movie. He thought he could get 'Wolverine' in 6 weeks or so and he realised it wasn't anywhere near long enough. Since then its been major prep for every movie.

He has also mentioned it gets harder every movie, which is fair enough

No, I AM right. X-23 was first introduced in 2004 in a story that revolved around her, as a young teen, killing people. There was a big story arc revolving around people finding out who was killing people with adamantium claws, with Wolverine not being a suspect due to there only being two claw marks, that ended with them finding her, which developed into learning about X-23 and her backstory. For obvious reasons I'll avoid going into detail about the character and why she acts like she does, but it is accurate to what her character was like back in 2004. Ever since her introduction there has been a huge demand for X-23 to be in the X-men movies and with this being the last like Jackman plays Wolverine this is really the only point that you could introduce her character. Age in comics is a very weird thing but the X-23 in the movie is probably a couple/few years younger than she was supposed to be in the comics, but with the story they seem to be telling it makes more sense than making her a 14-15 year old. X-23 is an outstanding character in the comics, well worth adapting into what looks like a really good movie. Something to note about comics though: The idea of kids killing people, sometime brutally, is not exactly an uncommon thing. Hell, Batman's son was a trained assassin at 10.

Batman had a son? Whose the mother? Ivy? Cat Woman? ... Mr's Freeze's Wife?

Wha? Was KickAss going for "ISIS shock value", whatever that is, with Hit Girl?

I think this movie looks good. It loosely follows the Old Man Logan story arc which is very dark and definitely not PG-13. I think this will be a fitting way for Hugh Jackman to bid fair well as Wolverine. I just hope Fox also lets Wolverine rest after this because it will be a hard sell for anyone to pick up Wolverine after Hugh Jackman.

I don't know if I could see anyone else as Wolverine. Jackman IS Wolverine. He nails it. Even in the crappy movies, he does a great job.

He has also mentioned it gets harder every movie, which is fair enough

Yea, it does get harder every movie.

Wait. What are we talking about again?

This movie looks great. I think Wolverine needed an R rating long before Deadpool. X-23 may be taking the reigns for the adamantium claws from here on out. With whatever timey wimey shit Fox pulls to get the X-Men all together again.

Back