2080ti monitor sleep randomly during a game

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
So I have this issue. It cant be a global issue otherwise we would have seen more about it I assume.

My 3900x and Aorus Master and 2080ti go to monitor standby during a game and will not recover. I can hear audio still though.

My question is whether anyone else out there is experiencing this? If not then I'm going to swap mobo. I've heard no drivers are to blame but I dont know. Havent seen anyone else reporting this.

Sounds like your driver is crashing, do a clean install of the drivers.

Sounds like your driver is crashing, do a clean install of the drivers.

Yeah it doesnt matter what I do. In the meantime after making this thread I found that nVidia stated that there is some issues with their cards and PCIe 4.0 possibly. So I dont know what to say about that right now. I guess just wait for a fix.

Thought I have heard of others with the same exact setup as mine having zero problems.

But in the spirit of your response I will do a DDU and remove all AMD and Nvidia Drivers and install only chipset AMD and only Nvidia GPU drivers from scratch. It is possible there is a corrupt file in the driver and I am associating the failure with something that might not be it in my case. I will report later tonight after I do a driver clean-sweep and re-installation.

And yes to those that will assume, it is on a brand new copy of W10.

The 3000 series has many issues with Nvidia cards right now. You'll have to wait for fixes from both nvidia and AMD. There is nothing you'll be able to fix until they release updates.

I'm interested in this, I have a 1060 and, while not common, my displays will go to sleep. I've done clean driver installs, I've changed the Power Option in regards to PCI Express Link State Power Management to off, and it still happens. Sound will still play but even if I hit the power button (not hold it for 5 seconds), no response. Only way out of it is to hit the restart button or hold the power off button for 5 seconds. If I look at my Event Viewer under System after the restart, I can see a component of the video card driver has failed (sorry, not at home right now to get what its specifically called). I've tried various fixes and haven't been able to get it to stop. Again, it's not common; once a week maybe. And it's usually during watching a youtube video or something simple like that; I can go all day playing Doom or Cities and not have an issue.

I know this doesn't help the OP but at least he now knows he's not alone.

Edit: Before someone says something, I know the OP is on AMD and I'm on Intel but I felt like chiming in because our issues sound similar. And yes, I know that with significantly different hardware, our problems are probably not the same but at this point I've typed this whole stinking post out and I don't want to let it go to waste :confused:

Does Ctrl Alt Del bring it back?

no it has a crash event. Its actually blue screening in the background as it is logged by the system logger, event viewer.

There are articles that nvidia knows about this but so far it seems they are or haven't done anything about it. I am not sure how long it takes for them to hash this stuff out. I am not the only one by far.

It seems that if I want to get this to work I need to go buy an x470 board and replace my x570 board with that until a fix comes out. Maybe I can find a clearance one from Microcenter or something. Otherwise I have a useless $1200 gpu. Its watercooled too so that makes it worse as the whole rig is custom loop plumbed.

Back