2080ti 2080 Ownership Club

Yea I'm really never going back to air after this. I can't wait until I get everything completed. 40-50C so much better than 80C. These two cards really pump out the heat. Hell the 8700K runs hot as hell too. Im barely getting this thing to 5.0 ghz w/o thermal throttling on air.

EDIT: I think when its time to upgrade to another set of Tis I will be going with hard tubing. I just want to get everything set so I don't miss any anthem/division 2 time (lol) so im going to start off with soft tubing 10/16mm

Last edited:
EVGA HYBRID kits are in stock as of this posting. The ones in stock are for those using the reference board. FTW3 versions are still out of stock.

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=18&family=Cooling&chipset=GPU+HYBRID+Cooler
View attachment 135912

Pfft, just do it yourself I did and I can barely tell the difference in build quality :D

hybrid.png

view

view

Inno3d RTX2080 X2 Twin here.
Stock cooler was complete garbage but the chip itself is magical.
So far best overclocker I had in my life

Attachments

• bench 2.png
    bench 2.png
    682.7 KB · Views: 0
  • bench 3.png
    bench 3.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • bench1.png
    bench1.png
    682.6 KB · Views: 0
Pfft, just do it yourself I did and I can barely tell the difference in build quality :D

View attachment 136023
view

view

I am supersized that nzxt g12 with AIO is not more popular solution for GPU cooling.Counting the cheap price and temp improvements.
Running my rtx with 2080 with nzxt g12 and corsair h75 super quiet and super cool :)

Curious of the temperatures of the VRMs on the left side of the card. Are you using something to cool them? Or checking the temps?
I don't have a measurement on them, there is a side intake pulling in air over that side of the card and small 40mm fan mounted at the rear at the level of the GPU to pull hot air away.

Edit: Also the FE VRM is so ludicrously overbuilt that the total heat output of the VRM on that side under load is quite low (something like 15-16W under load with an OC with an assumed power draw of 300A). Not exactly screaming out for loads of cooling.

Last edited:
I don't have a measurement on them, there is a side intake pulling over that side of the card and small 40mm fan mounted at the rear at the level of the GPU to pull hot air away.

Edit: Also the FE VRM is so ludicrously overbuilt that the total heat output of the VRM on that side under load is quite low (something like 15-16W under load with an OC with an assumed power draw of 300A). Not exactly screaming out loads of cooling.

Yeah, I’d personally just put my finger on it. That’s low but the ICs are also tiny. Also sounds like you have airflow so that’s good.

Yeah, I’d personally just put my finger on it. That’s low but the ICs are also tiny. Also sounds like you have airflow so that’s good.
Yeah a small amount of air is all they reall need. Nvidia's braying about a full coverage vapor chamber is semi hog wash as none of the power delivery or memory components actually make direct contact. It's all transmitted through the based plate via 2 layers (both sides) of thermal putty and pads.

Got the shipping notification for the hybrid cooler. Should be here by Wednesday.

How's the hybrid working out for you? I'm curious what temps you're seeing under load. My guess is its comparable to most custom loops which means these things are a great bang for the buck.

A little warmer than the Titan X with a 35-40C delta while gaming.
What is the max temp you have seen? Have you had a chance to do any extended testing or gaming? Just wondering what the temps are when stabilized under max load.

What is the max temp you have seen? Have you had a chance to do any extended testing or gaming? Just wondering what the temps are when stabilized under max load.
Max absolute temp observed was 69C in a 25C room when I was playing the Anthem demo. It's been running in the low 60s with Resident Evil 2 over the course of an hour or so. With just the power and temp limits at 123% and 88C respectively, the core settles to right around 1950 MHz while it would do 1860 with the air cooler at 80% fan speed and running at a temp of around 80C.

Max absolute temp observed was 69C in a 25C room when I was playing the Anthem demo. It's been running in the low 60s with Resident Evil 2 over the course of an hour or so. With just the power and temp limits at 123% and 88C respectively, the core settles to right around 1950 MHz while it would do 1860 with the air cooler at 80% fan speed and running at a temp of around 80C.

Pretty decent temps. Not quite as good as I expected, but still pretty nice.

Pretty decent temps. Not quite as good as I expected, but still pretty nice.

They really need bigger than a 120mm rad on that thing. I get that they're going for universal compatibility but at least offer a 140/240/280 option.

The pump does appear to be a standard Asetek design however the cold plate is custom. In theory you could tear down the AIO in that and transfer the cold plate to a larger unit.

$169? They've really jacked the price up on those. I remember back in the day they were only $109 (for Maxwell and Pascal)...

Anyone looking for a bargain?

Xt2oSau.jpg

For reference thats $2590.93. OCUK never fail to disappoint with their comical pricing.

I got my 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid installed last night. Haven't had a chance to play with OCs or anything, but it seems to run about mid 50's C while gaming. There's a slight pump noise, but it's still quieter than a bunch of fans for sure. With a headset on, there's no way anyone would notice it.

Anyone looking for a bargain?

View attachment 140523

For reference thats $2590.93. OCUK never fail to disappoint with their comical pricing.
Well, it costs $1600 USD in the States. Add the average 8.5% sales tax and it's $1736. Subtract the 20% VAT and it's £1666.59, which is still $2144.10 USD as of today. Scan has it for £1439.99, which is inline with the pricing on this side of the pond.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi...r-ready-graphics-card-4352-core-1770mhz-boost

My only question: Is that real carbon fiber? If so, it just may be worth the price premium :D. I remember the GTX TITAN X using magnesium alloy in the shroud and it was so much lighter than the Titan X and its aluminum shroud when I changed it out.

Does anyone get stuttering in BFV with your RTX 2080 Ti?

I am getting some massive frametime spikes, sometimes it feels like the game locks up for a split second then goes back to normal. This video at 1:47 is similar to what I'm experiencing

Happens in both DX11 and DX12. Don't have the RTX features on. I get that stutter like that is sometimes normal when you are first loading in a level or something, but this happens for me quite frequently

IMG_2116.JPG

have this and an evga 2080ti ftw3 ultra. the evga is hooked to one of their hybrid cooler kits and runs awesome. both are flawless so far and have been really fun to play around with. the refrence card is paired with my threadripper 1950x usually and the evga card paired with an 8086k delidded and running at 5.2 and1.35v

anyways im new here and wanted to flex a bit lol. forgive me plz

Does anyone get stuttering in BFV with your RTX 2080 Ti?

I am getting some massive frametime spikes, sometimes it feels like the game locks up for a split second then goes back to normal. This video at 1:47 is similar to what I'm experiencing

Happens in both DX11 and DX12. Don't have the RTX features on. I get that stutter like that is sometimes normal when you are first loading in a level or something, but this happens for me quite frequently

There is a Windows Defender exception I added for BFV that helped with the stuttering. I'll have to check which one it is after work because I can't remember off the top of my head. Even if you have Defender disabled you still need to add this exception since there are security settings that are active regardless of whether or not you use it.

x3sphere
In App & browser control in Windows Security settings (I just type "Windows Security" after pressing the Windows key), scroll down to Exploit protection and click the Exploit protection settings link. From there, click on the Program Settings tab and add a program by directing to the file path. Add BFV.exe wherever you have it installed and scroll down to find Control flow guard (CFG). Check override and switch it off. You don't want to turn this off globally, so you can try this with your other games by adding an exception such as this.

upload_2019-2-13_17-16-28.png

Last edited:
There is a Windows Defender exception I added for BFV that helped with the stuttering. I'll have to check which one it is after work because I can't remember off the top of my head. Even if you have Defender disabled you still need to add this exception since there are security settings that are active regardless of whether or not you use it.

x3sphere
In App & browser control in Windows Security settings (I just type "Windows Security" after pressing the Windows key), scroll down to Exploit protection and click the Exploit protection settings link. From there, click on the Program Settings tab and add a program by directing to the file path. Add BFV.exe wherever you have it installed and scroll down to find Control flow guard (CFG). Check override and switch it off. You don't want to turn this off globally, so you can try this with your other games by adding an exception such as this.

View attachment 141558

Awesome thanks :) This definitely helped, didn't have a single stutter in the last half hour I played!

Well i needed a new GPU as my sons one bit the dust. I really wanted the new Vega card but after all the reviews i didn't really think it was the card for me. I haven't been on team green for a while. So i did the unthinkable. I grabed an EVGA RTX2080 Ti ftw3. And my very first game to try it out will be Metro Exodus. I'm currently updating Windows to 1809 to try out Ray Tracing and DLSS. Looking forward to it.

Well i needed a new GPU as my sons one bit the dust. I really wanted the new Vega card but after all the reviews i didn't really think it was the card for me. I haven't been on team green for a while. So i did the unthinkable. I grabed an EVGA RTX2080 Ti ftw3. And my very first game to try it out will be Metro Exodus. I'm currently updating Windows to 1809 to try out Ray Tracing and DLSS. Looking forward to it.

Its an awesome card, my download is a little over halfway done for exodus also. Im really looking forward to trying it also. The FTW3 ultra is such a beast i went and got the hybrid cooler for it from evga and it never runs higher 55C. I am a bit bummed i got micron memory, and i havent been able to overclock it past +500 and +145 on the core. With the hybrid cooler my FTW3ultra runs at 2040 constantly with essentially no fluctuations.

Its an awesome card, my download is a little over halfway done for exodus also. Im really looking forward to trying it also. The FTW3 ultra is such a beast i went and got the hybrid cooler for it from evga and it never runs higher 55C. I am a bit bummed i got micron memory, and i havent been able to overclock it past +500 and +145 on the core. With the hybrid cooler my FTW3ultra runs at 2040 constantly with essentially no fluctuations.

You're right there it is pretty awesome. I've never used the EVGA software before. On PX1 I just set the power limit to max and the card was boosting in Metro between 1950 and 2010 clock speed. The fans are quiet temps all over the card are very good. As I said, it's my first Nvidia card for quite some time and i'm impressed.

memory already runs fast on 2080 and 2080ti's, I don't recommend overclocking these new gddr6 modules until they further mature, not worth the extra 2-3fps.

memory already runs fast on 2080 and 2080ti's, I don't recommend overclocking these new gddr6 modules until they further mature, not worth the extra 2-3fps.
It's worth a little more than that, as they are just as bandwidth limited as the 980 Ti/GTX Titan X was. But I agree that it's too risky to overclock the memory at this point.

How does the this 2080 ti do under water in a custom loop?

Finally going to take the plunge and order a MSI 2080 ti Seahawk EK since it has more power plugs than the EVGA FTW3 HC and Gigabyte 2080 ti Aorus Waterforce :p

How does the this 2080 ti do under water in a custom loop?

Finally going to take the plunge and order a MSI 2080 ti Seahawk EK since it has more power plugs than the EVGA FTW3 HC and Gigabyte 2080 ti Aorus Waterforce :p

Do you know the power limit? These things can use around 400W if you let them.

I run my card underwater and about 2060-2080 for 24/7 on the core and +700 on the memory. Could probably get a few extra Mhz if I really cared.

Do you know the power limit? These things can use around 400W if you let them.

I run my card underwater and about 2060-2080 for 24/7 on the core and +700 on the memory. Could probably get a few extra Mhz if I really cared.

So I guess the MSI makes the most sense since I can feed more power into it.

Glad to know the card has a pretty high overclocking ceiling :)

Joining the club. 2 2080ti Founders Editions in my new build.
May want to consider a new case if you're sticking with the stock coolers. They're no longer blowers, so all the hot air is being dumped into your case, and that case doesn't look like it has good airflow characteristics.

May want to consider a new case if you're sticking with the stock coolers. They're no longer blowers, so all the hot air is being dumped into your case, and that case doesn't look like it has good airflow characteristics.

The airflow is better than it looks. I have 6 fans exhausting air with passive intake across the entire bottom of the case and the back.

Here is a graph to show how the case performs.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3285-lian-li-o11-dynamic-review-benchmark-der8auer-case-design
lian-li-o11-dyn-3dm.png

Just pulled the trigger on the purchase. EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11G-P4-2487-KR. Kept going back and forth, if the Radeon VII had been in stock this week i may have went with that. Had the cooling been better on the Aorus Xtreme i would have went with that. I think i will be happy though (assuming no space invaders), after a week or two i won't even think about the $ spent. Just bought the EVGA (from EVGA dot com) next day air so i should be getting it Friday. Gaming on a Ryzen 5 1600 OC'd @ 3.84, Gigabyte Aorus gaming 7 X370 (will upgrade CPU if not MB with 3rd gen), 32 GB GSkill RGBs 3200, and the nearly 4k by pixel count Acer XR382CQK 38" 3840x1600. I think the Ti will match the monitor nicely.

Edit: I'm stepping up from an RX 580 Aorus XTR. Last week was having trouble gaming Far Cry 5 with it after some serious crypto alterations and back, and after downclocking the memory with limited success, i simply over-volted a hair and reached stability. But after it all i realized anything less than ultra settings on this not cheap monitor was blasphemy. so here i am, a Ti owner for the first time, Freesync be damned, or maybe it will work with the green team, it doesn't work with HDR enabled with AMD

Last edited:
Back