2080ti 2080 Ownership Club

Happy MSI Duke 2080 Ti owner here! The card is just gorgeous.... best looking video card I have ever owned
20181208_143020[1].jpg

Looks great and nice temps too!

Nice block!

Surprising that some of your VRAM is running hotter than the GPU itself though - even if just at idle.

Thanks guys.

The VRAM running hotter seems to be the case in all the FTW3 cards. I am not sure if other cards have VRAM temp sensors or not, but I would be interested to see if this is the case across all the 2080 ti's.

I got the EVGA Hydro Copper block for my FTW3 Friday. It is a very nice piece and I am pretty happy with the results. The temps shown are after 30+ minutes of Heaven.

I have my eye on that waterblock as well. My understanding is its designed to fit reference cards, is this true?

Came today and installed! I know its supposed to be a hot card, but on stock settings this guy never went over 76c for me. My 9900k however was boiling the liquid in my AIO.

Ran Prime95 and FurMark concurrently.

2080ti.PNG

Last edited:
76C sounds about right for stock.

What's up with the 9900K temps? I know they are hot, but with an AIO you are still getting over 90C? Is that overclocked?

76C sounds about right for stock.

What's up with the 9900K temps? I know they are hot, but with an AIO you are still getting over 90C? Is that overclocked?

Its core locked, It usually peaks around 80-85c during a long prime95 load but I assume it was higher with the added heat from the GPU. My AIO is up top exhausting, not getting the cool air from being in front.

Its a 360mm Fractal Design Celsius.

Received my Asus ti 011G (3 fan, thick fins) about ten days ago. It seems stable at +100 GPU, +1000 mem. Getting max boost 2070-2125. Time Spy Extreme graphics score 7270, with aggressive fans, max temp 62 deg. About 38% better than my 1080 ti ftw3 similarly OC'd. Fire Strike Extreme (X11) not as much gain (23%).

Came today and installed! I know its supposed to be a hot card, but on stock settings this guy never went over 76c for me. My 9900k however was boiling the liquid in my AIO.

Ran Prime95 and FurMark consecutively.

View attachment 127317
Consecutively or concurrently? I don't think Prime95 has a test that loads the GPU. Also note that NVIDIA forces their cards to automatically throttle when Furmark is running. If you want to test your card in a heatsoaked condition I think Heaven or 3DMark would be a better choice.

Consecutively or concurrently? I don't think Prime95 has a test that loads the GPU. Also note that NVIDIA forces their cards to automatically throttle when Furmark is running. If you want to test your card in a heatsoaked condition I think Heaven or 3DMark would be a better choice.

Woops concurrently.

I have my eye on that waterblock as well. My understanding is its designed to fit reference cards, is this true?

Contact EVGA, they have a couple different models of the 2080TI hydrocopper. I have their 2080TI black which has reference cooler, and they directed me to the XC hydrocopper block not the FTW hydrocopper.

I got my MSI 2080 Seahawk X EK in on Sunday-I'm waiting for some fittings to show so I can start my leak testing on my new build.

The card is beatiful with the EK waterblock on it...I wasn't a fan of it in photos, but it looks awesome in person-has some nice carbon fiber details to it.

Crickets.
The lack of people taking you up on the offer in the other thread really has me wondering about this whole situation.
I imagine most people have already done an RMA with the manufacturer. But yes, somewhat surprising.

Received and installed my 2080ti Gaming X Trio and when I installed it, my card was idling with temps in the 30s at standard low load speeds, something like 300 base 410 boost. I have not changed anything and it idles at 59 degrees and rarely down clocks. Gaming temps were in the low 70's but now hit 79 or 80. Airflow is good, CPU temps are fine. Any ideas?

I've seen my cards hit 82C under some benchmarking programs. In most gaming scenarios, I am at an average 76C. Idle right now is 55C

I'm now, finally and tentatively posting that I have a 2080Ti EVGA Black Ed card that works. No real issues to report, yet. It's my third card, the other two were garbage. I've now gamed on it for 50+ hours with no issues.

Perhaps Nvidia is finally weeding out the initial, flawed, production run.

I'm now, finally and tentatively posting that I have a 2080Ti EVGA Black Ed card that works. No real issues to report, yet. It's my third card, the other two were garbage. I've now gamed on it for 50+ hours with no issues.

Perhaps Nvidia is finally weeding out the initial, flawed, production run.

When did you receive your new EVGA Black card? What was wrong with the first two cards? I just ordered one and am a little worried.

I've seen my cards hit 82C under some benchmarking programs. In most gaming scenarios, I am at an average 76C. Idle right now is 55C
Thank you for the reply. Feeling a bit better now. Guru 3d has the idle in the 30s so it was a bit worrisome.

When did you receive your new EVGA Black card? What was wrong with the first two cards? I just ordered one and am a little worried.
First one I got in November, massive instability, game stuttering, screen flickering, artifacting, game crashes, screen would flicker at even the desktop most noticable watching videos or surfing the net. 2nd replacement started good on day one and was gradually doing all of the above over the course of 3 days.

Tested the cards in three different PCs, it was the cards. The third card from EVGA showed up just before Christmas and has been flawless overall.

Figured out why my idle was so high. I changed the power profile in Nvidia control panel to Maximum Performance and forgot about it. Changed it back to Optimal and it clock speeds are ~300/410 and temp is 30s-low 40s. Witcher 3 ran the same so that was a good sign (folks are changing to Max Power to combat the stuttering in it), but still stutters somewhat. I hated seeing that and spent hours tweaking it, but I believe it is an unresolvable problem. It did the same thing on my Titan X Pascal.

Got my 2080 Ti in on Monday. :D

Mine peaks around 60C under load (with overclocks). Idles in the low 30s or so -- I'm not sure if I should drop my core clock to push the memory up higher. Peak boost clock is ~2115MHz, though sustained is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2085 or so. Rather amusingly, the highest Time Spy GPU score I've managed is 14904 ... for vanity's sake, I want to push it over 15k. :(

How did I do on the silicon lottery?

TahoeDust, great pics as usual. You and I have the same upgrade penchant.

Got my 2080 Ti in on Monday. :D

Mine peaks around 60C under load (with overclocks). Idles in the low 30s or so -- I'm not sure if I should drop my core clock to push the memory up higher. Peak boost clock is ~2115MHz, though sustained is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2085 or so. Rather amusingly, the highest Time Spy GPU score I've managed is 14904 ... for vanity's sake, I want to push it over 15k. :(

How did I do on the silicon lottery?
Time will tell on the silicon lottery fortune or misfortune. I'm playing Russian Roulette with my third 2080Ti...

Time will tell on the silicon lottery fortune or misfortune. I'm playing Russian Roulette with my third 2080Ti...

Glad I waited to buy... getting a slightly used/like new EVGA 2080Ti XC off Vega that's already EK waterblocked. (He decided he didn't want to stick to a 2080ti SLI setup). Hopefully it holds up!

Glad I waited to buy... getting a slightly used/like new EVGA 2080Ti XC off Vega that's already EK waterblocked. (He decided he didn't want to stick to a 2080ti SLI setup). Hopefully it holds up!
Sounds sweet. Chances are, if it was stable enough to drop a block on you won't have any issues. I don't think I've seen anyone with a water cooled 2080Ti have issues. AFAIK

Back