2080ti 2080 Ownership Club

I doubt DLSS or RT will be ready at launch. At least I am not holding my breath for that...with how the rest of the RTX launch has gone...lol

I'm pretty sure that Dice said that Ray Tracing would be available at release of the game. Still you never know.

I doubt DLSS or RT will be ready at launch. At least I am not holding my breath for that...with how the rest of the RTX launch has gone...lol

I'm pretty sure that Dice said that Ray Tracing would be available at release of the game. Still you never know.

after a little googling people are saying ray tracing in BFV will be ready at 'release' which is officially on November 20th. also there appeared to be an issue that delayed Win 10 version 1809 so that still needs to roll out en masse.

Getting BFV for christmas so all the bugs should be worked out by then. :)

My Second EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA Pre-Order is on the way.:)

b&h.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely glad I opted 2 slot evga. The 3 slotter looks like it'll sag and break eventually. The metal backing on the Asus dual slot looks more rigid than my evga one and didn't look like it was going to sag under its 2.7 slot size.

So after returning my Zotac triple fan I just ordered the Asus Strix 2080(non TI) as I dont feel like waiting for the TI. I have 30 days to see if its enough to return to amazon and order something else.

God damn it, in spite of knowing better, in spite of everything, I am such a hardware whore I went and bought one.

My only consolation is that I got the exact make and model as a friend that pre-ordered, and he still doesn't have his.

I now have a MSI Duke 2080 ti, hopefully it won't catch on fire :p

Last edited:
God damn it, in spite of knowing better, in spite of everything, I am such a hardware whore I went and bought one.

My only consultation is that I got the exact make and model as a friend that pre-ordered, and he still doesn't have his.

Wow with black friday coming up and the card failures you still bought one? I'm stepping aside until I either see a good deal and/or they get the problems ironed out.

Wow with black friday coming up and the card failures you still bought one? I'm stepping aside until I either see a good deal and/or they get the problems ironed out.

Well I may have understated the consolation, I couldn't resist rubbing it all over his face. Also Canadian, so likely no sales on this product unless the dumpster fire keeps expanding.

Last edited:
I'm jumping in because I sold my 1080ti and now dont have a card. I dont see a 1080ti or better level card on sale for BF. After seeing more issues with reference boards Im going custom pcb and the strix's have been reviewed highly left and right. I haven't seen the ft3 availability as my back up choice.

Just as an update... I had to bump my memory overclock down from 7500mhz (15000 effective) to 7400mhz on my FE 2080Ti to keep a stable 2010mhz on the core after a few hours of intense gaming. Once I got rid of Precision X and installed X1 I was able to adjust my fan curve s temps have been very reasonable (staying around 75 degrees with intense gaming). Still warmer and louder than I would like... I can't wait for the RMA situation to settle down so I can slap a waterblock on the card without worrying about it dying and Nvidia rejecting my RMA.

I managed to get a small overclock on my 2080 Ti FEs. Power limit at 110%, core +100, memory +250. Seems stable.

Could probably clock slightly higher, but I was getting game crashing so I went for a more conservative boost.

In any case, I'm more or less CPU limited in most games running 2560x1080, so I don't need to go crazy with the GPU OC.

I managed to get a small overclock on my 2080 Ti FEs. Power limit at 110%, core +100, memory +250. Seems stable.

Could probably clock slightly higher, but I was getting game crashing so I went for a more conservative boost.

In any case, I'm more or less CPU limited in most games running 2560x1080, so I don't need to go crazy with the GPU OC.

Yeah I settled on a very mild overclock as well: power limit 105%, core +55, memory +0. This allows the card to settle in and hold at 1870-1905 core clock after hours of playing, staying at 70 C.

Played for about 3 hours today and the temps surprised me even after looking at a few reviews. Set it to oc mode via tweak tool 2 and it runs at 2100 boost and doesn't go over 73°. Pretty satisfied with the performance so far, I plan on playing quit a bit the next week. How solid the card feels I only regret not buying a custom pcb initially.

Anyone been flashing bios on the 2080ti's yet? Seen some good reports of power limits being raised for better oc under water. I'm less concerned with my pair dying under water, but I'm probably going to sell these early cards and swap out for something with a potentially less liable failure rate before I start torturing them.

I think if your card is stable after a few weeks of good use, it'll probably stick it out for the long haul. With the way binning goes, its all luck of the draw getting a good card and a bad one.

I think if your card is stable after a few weeks of good use, it'll probably stick it out for the long haul. With the way binning goes, its all luck of the draw getting a good card and a bad one.

Yeah, I've had mine since 5 October and it's running fine.

Anyone been flashing bios on the 2080ti's yet? Seen some good reports of power limits being raised for better oc under water. I'm less concerned with my pair dying under water, but I'm probably going to sell these early cards and swap out for something with a potentially less liable failure rate before I start torturing them.

I’ve had the GALAX bios (380W) on mine for about a month.

Is it helping any over the stock FE bios?

Well my card is under water and it was an Asus Dual. It definitely helps keep clocks consistent. It has no problem pulling 350-380 watts.

Maybe 10%? It’s been a month I don’t recall specifically. I think it’ll be useful if these bastards ever release DLSS as well.

I disconnected my shunt mod. Here and there it wasn’t coming out of 300Mhz clock which was sort of a problem. If RTX features demand more power I’ll get a resistor and do it properly. Right now just rasterized the 380W GALAX bios keeps me from being power limited. Stability far outweighs anything else for me.

Even without the shunt mod I got 14200 on TimeSpy. About 2120 Mhz/+1000 on the VRAM.

I am going to have my 24/7 settings about 2080 and +700 since I don’t have time to vet where the card actually fails right now. Very happy with it!

TLDR of my adventure:
* shunt mod not needed without RTX (TBD if RTX benefits)
* Asus Dual card stock was power limited to ~12700 TimeSpy
* Asus Dual had moderate noise
* GALAX 380W Bios flash + waterblock (a good air cooler would probably suffice as well) allowed ~14200 TimeSpy (+12%)

One of two 2700X's on the Firestrike Ultra HOF lol

View attachment 111438

Is it helping any over the stock FE bios?

I found my post on page 4 (see above). I got 12% better time spy results with waterblock + galax bios. A good air cooler would probably be fine too.

I'm at 1950MHz boost with a 2080 Ti FE card. I think I could push it slightly higher, but it's been stable so I'm rolling with it.

On +100 core and +250 mem. I tried around +150 I think and it was having problems. But it would be nice to break 2K, so I'll check again.

Last edited:

My only consolation is that I got the exact make and model as a friend that pre-ordered, and he still doesn't have his.

I'm right there with you in the hardware whore club, lol. Even knowing the potential issues I got a notification from EVGA and bought the the Black Ed on the spot. At only 200 bucks over my previous 1080Ti it was an instant, impulse buy. No real issues other than 4:4:4 Chroma oddities (probablyy cable length of 10ft) .

It definitely gets me hot, and the whore status is in full force .. have to turn on a portable AC unit in the room It kicks off so much heat.

Been running my Evga 2080ti XC for a bit over a week now, no issues whatsoever.

It does get hot (84C) in my ITX case, but then again airflow is tight (the card is almost literally right on top of my PSU) and my 8700k radiator is blowing into the case. It'll be getting a water block and added to my loop sometime between Christmas and new years. Hoping to bring temps down a tad.

I'm personally loving the challenge of cooling an 8700k and a 2080ti in an ITX form-factor.

Nice. I had a Titan X Pascal in an ITX cube, that was fun trying to get it in the case but I got it in there and it was great.

First evga 280ti XC ultra died after about 3 days but new RMA been chugging along for few weeks now.

Back