2080ti 2080 Ownership Club

Yeah, I would definitely wait for the 7nm wars. The 2080ti you could at least very easily see the performance boost. 5960x vs 9900k side by side you wouldn’t be able to tell in the real world IMO.

This makes me feel better - I'm still sitting with an overclocked 5820k and was debating if I should upgrade, but it seems like if gaming at 4k there still isn't much difference.

This makes me feel better - I'm still sitting with an overclocked 5820k and was debating if I should upgrade, but it seems like if gaming at 4k there still isn't much difference.

Yeah definitely not at 60Hz 4k.

I’ll probably run my 2700x till it dies (approximately equal to the 5960x) but if I was in the market I’d wait for 7nm and for Intel to fix all their security shit.

Yeah definitely not at 60Hz 4k.

I’ll probably run my 2700x till it dies (approximately equal to the 5960x) but if I was in the market I’d wait for 7nm and for Intel to fix all their security shit.

Well, I've got the X27, so at least 120hz if possible but even with the latest CPU a single 2080ti won't hit that.

It’s somewhat concerning I haven’t heard about DLSS or RT we can use and we are nearing November. Have you guys heard about any updates?

I treated RTX and those techs with zero weight and were not factored in my purchase, although I am excited to try them...

It’s somewhat concerning I haven’t heard about DLSS or RT we can use and we are nearing November. Have you guys heard about any updates?

I treated RTX and those techs with zero weight and were not factored in my purchase, although I am excited to try them...

One of the BF V MP producers said it’s likely to be available at launch:

Took delivery of my 2080ti DUKE last monday...and it's still in the shipping box currently. Still not decided if it's something i need to upgrade to currently. =/

Finally sourced a second EVGA Ti Ultra yesterday. I'll get the block on tonight or tomorrow and hopefully have them up on Tuesday to run some gaming benches.

Well, I can either make a simple card to card temporary run for the water while I wait for EK to ship me the needed M4x28 screws for the terminal x SLI connection. The screws shipped with the vector blocks (which you usually use in the terminal connection) are DIFFERENT size screws now (M4x20). I knew the old terminal style would prevent me from using the "housing" above the connectors on the block, but EK did NOT indicate the screw sizes had changed. Just not sure I want to tear down the loop twice in two weeks. On a positive note, my 5960x just arrived to replace my 5930k.

Update: I spoke with EK support and they 3 day shipped me the 6 screws. Pretty impressed.

Last edited:
Hey guys...the new cat I just ordered came with a free RTX 2080 Ti. SWEET!!! :smuggrin:

jhrla8.jpg

Well, I finally pre-ordered my MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk X as well as i9-9900k. Gonna be an upgrade from i3-8350k and 1080Ti Gaming X (both are serving me very good for 4k gaming, but that DLSS is quite interesting).

I promised myself not to upgrade, but then DJI just doesn't want to release Mavic 2 Pro in Sweden (I had that on pre-order since August!) and was supposed to come out today, but they pushed the release to at least mid-November. Seriously, no one in Sweden has Mavic 2 Pro yet (Zoom is widely available though). The weather is getting quite cold and winter is just around the corner so I said fuck it, canceled that order and used the money to buy a 2080Ti + the CPU. Besides, I can still sell my 1080Ti for some good money.
I just hope I won't need a z390 motherboard because I have z370 micro-atx (although a good one, Asus Strix).

I'm thinking of ebaying my 2080 ti and waiting on the EVGA 2080ti to become available. My asus one is 2.7 slot and TBH I don't like the look of it. The overall cost and inability to take advantage of features is weighing on this that I should keep my EVGA streak going.

That is one Thick Card LOL the only reason why I didn't get the 3 SLOT EVGA
I figured the weight would be too much after a few years even though I have reinforced PCI-E slots.

Soon video card accessories you will need to buy will be video card support posts with RGB lighting....

Last edited:
Problem with a lot of these 2080 ti cards are they are not true triple slot cards; they are 2.x ones with 2 brackets to hold on to the chassis.

Problem with a lot of these 2080 ti cards are they are not true triple slot cards; they are 2.x ones with 2 brackets to hold on to the chassis.

An extra slot wouldn't make a difference to the rigidity of the pcb, that's more down to the length of the card and weight of the cooler. You could have it be a 3 slot card with 3 screw points at the back and still have it sag at the other end.

Ended up sending mine back without even opening the shipping box, just gonna wait to se what happens with prices over the next while.
:eek: You should have sold it to an [H]er. That's what I did with one of the 2080s I ordered.

The FE is 2-slot, and it was in stock on NVIDIA's store for more than a week.

FE wasn't available on the time of purchase for me.

End up with EVGA XC and Gigabyte Windforce. That was the only 2 slot available I can find at the time.

Honestly the EVGA software sucks. The beta version of Afterburner works far better IMO.

I concur. It's currently a mess. I tried the software initially had a host of problems and since I switched back to AB, I've had none.

Honestly the EVGA software sucks. The beta version of Afterburner works far better IMO.

I went back to AB when Precision lost RTSS, the frame cap on Precision adds more input lag since it uses Nvidias frame limiter and overall I just liked the RTSS options more for the OSD (I'm sure EVGA probably improved theirs by now, but it sucked early on when they got rid of RTSS)

Seeing the MSI cards, they have kept that tradition of going wider on top of longer too on the RTX. It's no wonder they have a post prop for sale. Speaking of the MSI card, in a colleagues workstation, during our office move, the box got mishandled a little. The MSI 1080 ended up pulling the pci-e slot partially out of the mobo and the cooling heatsink bent so the fants contacted the heatsink unless it was "propped" up. Needless to say he got a warranty replacement of the mobo and video card from the builder paid for courtesy of the moving company.

Back