2080ti 2080 Ownership Club

You could destroy everything if it’s a shitty PSU. I would stop til the EVGA shows up.
I wouldn't say it's a "shitty PSU". It's a Corsair AX1500i, I think I paid like $500 for it, so fairly high-end. But I have had it for 4 years, I guess it could have gone bad.

But, yeah, you're right. I'll just wait for the EVGA. Not worth risking any damage.

I wouldn't say it's a "shitty PSU". It's a Corsair AX1500i, I think I paid like $500 for it, so fairly high-end. But I have had it for 4 years, I guess it could have gone bad.

Yeah, that's about as nice as a PSU gets. Do you have reason to believe it's failing? Just curious because in my experience PSUs last quite a long time. Unless you're running that thing ragged (and I would think that would be pretty tough to do with 1500 W on tap), I can't see it crapping out yet.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I've been through stuff like that with PC components before. It's certainly a love/hate relationship with this hobby sometimes. Hope it all turns out for you soon.

Right on. The EVGA comes on Monday. Was excited to get it operational this weekend, but I might as well just wait and play it safe.

I've never had any luck with Corsair Power Supplies. After my 4th replacement of one, I just gave up with them. I'm currently using an EVGA 1200W, but don't know if that's enough power for this SLI.

I had a Corsair PSU on another rig I had to replace due to coil whine. Otherwise they have been decent.

1000W should be enough for SLI. I saw some people with 1080 Ti on 1000W and I have Vega 64 on an EVGA 1000W and it's been fine.

Yeah, as long as you don’t have a ridiculous CPU 1000W should be ok.

Yeah, as long as you don’t have a ridiculous CPU 1000W should be ok.

And here I ran SLI for years with an overclocked CPU on a used 650W Seasonic... that's now running my server with add-in cards and eight spinners...

It's good to know what your power requirements for all your parts are. I tend to err on the side of caution, I went with a 1k PSU. I have a 1200W one thanks to EVGA warranty. I was pleasantly surprised at the power draw of a 1080ti that it was much less than the 1080 that replaced it. The 2080 ti, not so much.

It's good to know what your power requirements for all your parts are. I tend to err on the side of caution, I went with a 1k PSU. I have a 1200W one thanks to EVGA warranty. I was pleasantly surprised at the power draw of a 1080ti that it was much less than the 1080 that replaced it. The 2080 ti, not so much.

1080ti should not be lower than a 1080.

My 1080 required 2 8pin pci-e while my 1080ti was 8 and 6. My UPS shows draw on it and with the 1080ti it was lower for some reason. Just stating some observations

On another note, my 2080ti crashed in FC5 today when I was trying to do the statue mission, lots of draw distance, ultra settings 120fps locked. I am on 416.34, I will try the 411.70 drivers to see if it crashes at the same spot.

Install my new card today.

oc;.jpg
20181028_130846.jpg
Forza Horizon 4 pc benchmark
forza.jpg

Last edited:
Probably already posted, but it seems like a good idea to avoid FE models... 2080 Ti specifically.
Failing left and right. Nvidia fucked up.

Got my Zotac 2080Ti a few days ago (3 fan version) but still waiting for all my parts to come in before I do my new build. Got the card at $1200 so not too unhappy. No worse cost than my titans were. :whistle:

Probably already posted, but it seems like a good idea to avoid FE models... 2080 Ti specifically.

@ Dayaks Flashing is possible on FE:
https://forums.evga.com/RTX-2080-TI-REf-Bios-Flash-EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-XC-m2873204.aspx

My 2080FE is working just fine. Here are some overclocked scores using Afterbuner:

Time Spy Extreme:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29816866?

Fire Strike Extreme:
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/16859727

@ Dayaks Flashing is possible on FE:
https://forums.evga.com/RTX-2080-TI-REf-Bios-Flash-EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-XC-m2873204.aspx

My 2080FE is working just fine. Here are some overclocked scores using Afterbuner:

Time Spy Extreme:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29816866?

Fire Strike Extreme:
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/16859727

That thread went to EVGA reference boards. Are you confusing it with Founders Edition? All reference boards can be flashed AFAIK except for the nVidia Founders Edition. It may have changed since I stopped following overclockers but multiple people has issues over there.

Yeah, I've gotten more blue screens and crashing in the last 2 weeks with the 20-series cards than I've ever seen in my PC building career.

Searched for solutions, and the Nvidia forum is packed to the brim with people experiencing the same problems.

In my case, it seems the PSU was the culprit (at least I hope so, I just replaced it) but I was running this rig for a while now, most recently with 1080 SLI, and it was never a problem until now.

In my case, it seems the PSU was the culprit (at least I hope so, I just replaced it) but I was running this rig for a while now, most recently with 1080 SLI, and it was never a problem until now.

Wondering if there's something weird about the power draw here. Not that I'd know what to do about it other than sanity check PSUs which is something that we do anyway- perhaps one of the channels or sites that digs into power stuff can see if the power draw pattern differs significantly from other cards in the class.

Wondering if there's something weird about the power draw here. Not that I'd know what to do about it other than sanity check PSUs which is something that we do anyway.
There is a thread on Reddit about 20-series issues with Corsair digital PSUs in multi-rail mode. I happened to have a Corsair PSU and might have get bit by the same issue.

The OP suggested switching the PSU to single-rail mode (which I tried and didn't resolve the issue) and other people said using a single cable for each GPU power port would work (I was already doing that).

I wouldn't be surprised in there is something power related with the 20-series that causes it to be incompatible with certain PSUs. I mean, everything was rock solid before, the only thing I changed was the video card. There must be something going on.

Yeah, I've gotten more blue screens and crashing in the last 2 weeks with the 20-series cards than I've ever seen in my PC building career.

Searched for solutions, and the Nvidia forum is packed to the brim with people experiencing the same problems.

Well, I am happy it worked out. 2080tis do pull way more than 1080s and who knows about the power spikes.

I hate PC problems. I am very relucatant to modify my main rig once I get it setup. I am the living example of “fix it till it’s broken”.

I've got 80+ hours into dragon quest with HDR mods, AC Origins in HDR, tons of rocket league, several other games on my 2080 Windforce. Card is bios modded and overclocked at over 120 percent power target. Monitor 1440p at 144hz. No crashes so far. It's a Corsair 650w bronze. CPU is a delidded 8700k at 4.9 and dual m.2 ssd drives. I'm sure I'm pushing the supply a little.

I have that same PSU - and a reference 2080 Ti FE - all good over here.

You're running all that on a 650W? Good job.

The PSU game is so f'd up right now (not like I can talk with my 1500W lol - but I used to ball out with multiple TITANs). No need for anything more than like 550W if it's a really good PSU for an OC'd CPU and OC'd 2080 Ti. Go here for deep PSU knowledge - http://www.jonnyguru.com/ - the forums are great.

I've been really happy with SeaSonic, EVGA, and Corsair PSUs in the past few years.

BTW - AX1500i review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=378 - nuff said.

Last edited:
I figured out my crashing issue. overclock was still enabled from when I was testing and FC5 was not stable with the OC I selected. I'm back on 416.34 and all is good. Using a EVGA PSU's are seasonic PSUs I think.

Running more tests today, had Superposition stress test on a 2 hour run, success. Heaven on loop, maxed out for about an hour, still running fine. Pretty sure the machine is working at this point.

I know Corsair are supposed to be good, and I wouldn't rule out some power weirdness with the Nvidia cards (especially since one of them was bad), but swapping in a new PSU solved my issue.

Also went ahead and replaced the cooler on this rig. I had a cheapo $20 Enermax that I'm not 100% sure why I even bought, but this Cryorig H7 Plus is loads better.

With the Enermax I was getting 45C idle and around 65C in game. With Cryorig I have 30C idle and less than 50C in game. Huge improvement.

Running more tests today, had Superposition stress test on a 2 hour run, success. Heaven on loop, maxed out for about an hour, still running fine. Pretty sure the machine is working at this point.

I know Corsair are supposed to be good, and I wouldn't rule out some power weirdness with the Nvidia cards (especially since one of them was bad), but swapping in a new PSU solved my issue.

Also went ahead and replaced the cooler on this rig. I had a cheapo $20 Enermax that I'm not 100% sure why I even bought, but this Cryorig H7 Plus is loads better.

With the Enermax I was getting 45C idle and around 65C in game. With Cryorig I have 30C idle and less than 50C in game. Huge improvement.

I am glad things are working out for you, I had the same issue when I had the GTX 1070, PSU swapped fix the issue.

Got my PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 Dual Fan on friday. Probably gonna slap a waterblock on it (Bitspower)

I just wish I could find a modded bios that ups the power limit on it, it's currently 255w :(

Attachments

• Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_7277_1540808362.png
    Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_7277_1540808362.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 0
Back