2080 Ti Arous Xtreme - clock fluctuation.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
My card Aorus 2080 Ti Xtreme. Is this normal,when card fluctuating like
: 1850-1800-1835-1760-1695-1800 . etc Temps are high. 86C

I mean jumps each 70mhz and 110mhz sometimes. In Quake 2 RTX or Shadow Of Tomb raider i see that jumping when temps are high.

yeah looks normal, that's just the boost clocks dropping from high temps, then when it gets to 1695 the gpu's cooled down enough so it goes back up to 1800 and probably just repeats the same cycle i'm guessing.

That all looks normal to me. I've not had an air cooled Turing card, but the air cooled 1080 with the "Founders Edition" cooler I had would run about the same clock speeds.

Try limiting the power to 100% and see if you get more reliable clocks. Or make a custom fan profile. That's a damn good card and doing one or both of those should make it a bit better.

i have already 100% power. Fan is on auto but its maxing to 98%.

What does your case ventilation look like?

There's not really any getting around the fact that you need serious cooling for these cards, but it probably shouldn't run quite that hot under normal circumstances, if the fan is running at 98%. You might consider adding case fans if you don't have three or four already.

You might also want to consider removing the heatsink and applying a good thermal grease to the GPU die. I've heard tell of MSI having some problems with the application of thermal grease from the factory, I suspect having to do with the fact that these cards have a HUUUUUUGE GPU die, and the standard "grain of rice" technique may not work perfectly on a surface this big. Doing some before/after testing on my water cooled MSI card, as requested by another forum user, is on my to-do list for the weekend. I'm thinking I'll use Kryonaut, as it seems to be a little runnier than the gray AS5 or generic white types.

Three fans on front case and one on back. Gpu is Gigabyte 2080 Ti Xtreme.

Case is full tower: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

What happens if you leave the side panel off? Does it still run that hot?

Not tried without panel off. Also is summer and its very hot here. Maybe i will buy Waterforce edition but it will cost me. Dont think it is sense.

Not tried without panel off. Also is summer and its very hot here. Maybe i will buy Waterforce edition but it will cost me. Dont think it is sense.
Unless you're really committed to water cooling, I wouldn't mess with the waterforce version. You can't use it at all without open loop water cooling, which is an undertaking unto itself.

Try it with the side panel open, and report back. Also, what is the ambient temperature in the room? Hot running is to be expected if the room is hot.

Back