2080 Ti and/or Titan RTX BLACK coming soon...

nEo717

Limp Gawd
Would love to see both 2080 Ti Black and Titan RTX Black get released in Oct./Dec time-frame... Wonder if we are going to see AMD take a shot at some sort of soft launch soon of couple of higher-end Navi Cards?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-t10-8-tu102,40166.html

"Nvidia Could Be Working on Another GeForce RTX GPU
AIDA64, a widely used system information, diagnostics, and benchmarking tool, has added information for a mysterious, unannounced Nvidia GeForce RTX T10-8 graphics card, which is apparently based on the TU102 die."

The only hand they can really play is the 2080ti black, or they would probably call it super. The RTX Titan is already the full die. The full die is only 7% faster than the 2080ti so I wouldn’t expect miracles.

I
Screenshot_20190815-232530_Chrome.jpg

I don't see how any of these RTX re-brands means anything anymore. It's all variations of the same chip.
A few cores more here, and a tad more of this there..? It is all the same GPU, with Jensen marketing it's granularity for Gamers. I've owned my RTX2080 now for about a year and what for $800 today, is my upgrade path..?

Nvidia can't sell us the full TU-102 at Gamer prices because of Enterprise!! So Nvidia has to cook-up some schemes to market the cut-downs.

As a Prosumer (really active new egg account), I am really sick of Nvidia's overmarketing and telling me how to behave or what is important to me when Gaming. I've been hardcore gaming for 30 years... I tell YOU what I want. I have always used Nvidia on my gaming rig, but I am not paying over $800 for a single GPU, even though I had many tri-SLI rigs.

Nvidia doesn't need an RTX Titan Super... they just need to lower their prices. These RTX cards are waaay over priced.

Everyone is at 4k in their homes and Nvidia and AMD are still pilfering people @ 1440p. It is 2019 and $250 video card should be able to pump 1440p @ 120Hz.

I don't see how any of these RTX re-brands means anything anymore. It's all variations of the same chip.
A few cores more here, and a tad more of this there..? It is all the same GPU, with Jensen marketing it's granularity for Gamers. I've owned my RTX2080 now for about a year and what for $800 today, is my upgrade path..?

Nvidia can't sell us the full TU-102 at Gamer prices because of Enterprise!! So Nvidia has to cook-up some schemes to market the cut-downs.

As a Prosumer (really active new egg account), I am really sick of Nvidia's overmarketing and telling me how to behave or what is important to me when Gaming. I've been hardcore gaming for 30 years... I tell YOU what I want. I have always used Nvidia on my gaming rig, but I am not paying over $800 for a single GPU, even though I had many tri-SLI rigs.

Nvidia doesn't need an RTX Titan Super... they just need to lower their prices. These RTX cards are waaay over priced.

Everyone is at 4k in their homes and Nvidia and AMD are still pilfering people @ 1440p. It is 2019 and $250 video card should be able to pump 1440p @ 120Hz.

"Gamer pricing"
"Prosumer"

"These prices are too damn high, yet I keep paying them!! Damn you nvidia!!!111

"Gamer pricing"
"Prosumer"

"These prices are too damn high, yet I keep paying them!! Damn you nvidia!!!111

Correct, I am an exception, not the rule.

Most here are not in their 50's or have the disposable income Me and my friends have. None of us have ever stopped gaming from our Quake days and can afford Ourselves a tad bit more luxury than younger peeps. That doesn't mean we are buying our Overpriced cards blindly, or with ignorance... I clearly knew I was getting hosed when I bought my $800 RTX2080. It will be in a drawer in 2 years, like the rest of them.

I am also not delusional of my buying power, because I maintain many different gaming rigs and have multiple hardware needs. And guide co-workers and friends on their custom builds. I don't fret over Intel vs AMD, or Nvidia vs AMD, I buy what is the best for that situation. I am not buying into some cheerleading club.

Nvidia can't sell us the full TU-102 at Gamer prices because of Enterprise!!

This really makes no sense at all. Big Bad Enterprise isn't getting some magical unicorn GPU either.

I just sold a pair of 2080 Tis for $800/ea. There's your upgrade path. Sell your 2080 and you'd only be out an extra $300.

You also have another option available to you: downgrade to AMD. lol.

Most here are not in their 50's or have the disposable income Me and my friends have. None of us have ever stopped gaming from our Quake days and can afford Ourselves a tad bit more luxury than younger peeps. That doesn't mean we are buying our Overpriced cards blindly, or with ignorance... I clearly knew I was getting hosed when I bought my $800 RTX2080. It will be in a drawer in 2 years, like the rest of them.

I am also not delusional of my buying power, because I maintain many different gaming rigs and have multiple hardware needs. And guide co-workers and friends on their custom builds. I don't fret over Intel vs AMD, or Nvidia vs AMD, I buy what is the best for that situation. I am not buying into some cheerleading club.

lol. Why do you keep capitalizing words for no reason?

lol. Why do you keep capitalizing words for no reason?

I am pretty sure we are witnessing is a deep learning marketing AI driven computer using [H] to evolve. It’s been given a baseline algorithm though. The posts always follow the same format - try to relate to the humans, “I’ve been a gamer!”, “I also buy expensive hardware” then throw in random, regardless of thread topic, “my $800 card which had various reviews to choose to read and bought it anyways gaped me!”
Then followed up by how Turing is dead and RDNA will last millenia.

If they migrated the AI from running on RX480s to 2080tis, or the possible 2080ti super, maybe it’ll evolve a little faster.

You are not paying attention if you believe this is the demographic here. Lots of old guys, early retirees and plenty of folks that have a lot of disposable income in general.

As long as the market is buying, you and your friends included, Nvidia (and AMD) will continue charging those prices.

Nvidia is going to get a big kick in the nuts from reality when amd high end gpus come out next year, just look at the de-pantsing they are doing to Intel in the server market with rome. If you don't need a card today, do yourself a favor and wait till next year, your wallet will thank you.

Nvidia is going to get a big kick in the nuts from reality when amd high end gpus come out next year, just look at the de-pantsing they are doing to Intel in the server market with rome. If you don't need a card today, do yourself a favor and wait till next year, your wallet will thank you.

I will believe it when I see it. Here is to hope.

That's a good write up... I think back to the Titan xp (X), and when Ti came out and nearly matched or (did) beat it, nVidia then responded to Titan owners with the Titan Xp (2) - My bets are on seeing both a Ti and Titan refresh, more than likely Black (vs super) - Thought it wouldn't be surprise to see the price of the Ti slip maybe $100 and Titan to fall back a couple of hundred - Just in case AMD have a trick or two or three up their sleeve. Maybe a Titan with HBM and all the cores maxed (5120 is full die?) and few more RT Cores.

Last edited:
That's a good write up... I think back to the Titan xp (X), and when Ti came out and nearly matched or (did) beat it, nVidia then responded to Titan owners with the Titan Xp (2) - My bets are on seeing both a Ti and Titan refresh, more than likely Black (vs super) - Thought it wouldn't be surprise to see the price of the Ti slip maybe $100 and Titan to fall back a couple of hundred - Just in case AMD have a trick or two or three up their sleeve. Maybe a Titan with HBM and all the cores maxed (5120 is full die?) and few more RT Cores.

Does it matter though..?

The point was, there are people here with much disposable income, that see no value in piecemealing out the 2080ti. What does each offer, over the next in Games..? How much does roughly $500 more get you..? SUPER gives the impression that RTX scale in price/performance, but not enough over Pascal or RTX's we already own.

If someone like me, is going to spend on a big-gun, then only the full chip is what I'll want and I suspect other's as well. There really is no difference in spending $1300 or $1500 at that point. It's called going all in. And the farther we get from Turing's release, the more RTX is not that price. Specially when next year, when that $1300 video card is now worth $600.

Unless there is a price drop, these high-end cards are too risky. These "supercards" just won't carry us Gamers into the future that far. At best 2 years.

Does it matter though..?

The point was, there are people here with much disposable income, that see no value in piecemealing out the 2080ti. What does each offer, over the next in Games..? How much does roughly $500 more get you..? SUPER gives the impression that RTX scale in price/performance, but not enough over Pascal or RTX's we already own.

If someone like me, is going to spend on a big-gun, then only the full chip is what I'll want and I suspect other's as well. There really is no difference in spending $1300 or $1500 at that point. It's called going all in. And the farther we get from Turing's release, the more RTX is not that price. Specially when next year, when that $1300 video card is now worth $600.

Unless there is a price drop, these high-end cards are too risky. These "supercards" just won't carry us Gamers into the future that far. At best 2 years.

That $200 difference gets me 400 rounds of 7.62x39. Honestly the prices this gen have seen me (780Ti/980Ti/1080Ti) say screw nvidia. If I do get a 2080ti it will be on ebay once it hits $600-$700.

Future proof gpus have never been a thing. Just buy a Titan or a Ti as soon as it comes out, every time it comes out.

Exactly. Just pick a tier that doesn't make you cry, and always buy that each gen.

And if the price goes up, accept that's just the market saying, "Are you sure you want to be here, pleb?"

Exactly. Just pick a tier that doesn't make you cry, and always buy that each gen.

And if the price goes up, accept that's just the market saying, "Are you sure you want to be here, pleb?"

$699 to $1199 for Founders edition cards one generation to the next on the 1080Ti to 2080Ti?

$1199 to $2499 for Titan cards?

FUCK THAT.

Plus, didn't I read somewhere that this mystery "Black" card was actually a GPU for GeForce Now?

$699 to $1199 for Founders edition cards one generation to the next on the 1080Ti to 2080Ti?

FUCK THAT.
--------
Plus, didn't I read somewhere that this mystery "Black" card was actually a GPU for GeForce Now?

Maybe the Ti is... however Titan Black is on the table yet - At this point it looks like a wait and see what/if AMD makes a move, and of course Intel and where they are at.

FUCK THAT.

Exactly. I bought a 2080 last year at $800, but really because I didn't have another option. At previous generation prices, it should have been $499. But I limped along with a GTX 960 for years waiting on 1080 Ti prices to drop - they never did, they went up. Then the 2080 comes out with marginally better performance, and it's $800. 1080 Ti cards continued to be hard to find, and remained at $700.

You can't pick a tier and expect the price to be consistent. If you want to stay in the same price bracket, you need to move down a tier each generation, and then you're not getting much of an upgrade over your previous card.

With the current generation, we didn't get the same performance as the last generation at a lower price point. We got the same performance at the same price point.

Well in Canada cost video card current gen are way more expensive. Had chance to buy a 2080ti plus 500 bucks turned out his card during benching was smoking. Hence I gonna wait till 2nd gen not supers. I have 2 1080tis will make do for now.

This had better be a 2080ti with a performance boost, double the RTX performance and a 35%+ decrease in price.
Then I will bite.
If not I'm waiting for next gen, nothing this gen is worth the money.
Next gen might not be either but it cant be as bad as this years cards.
And if they dont bring the price down, high end PC gaming might get dropped as a hobby.
I'll likely game 2 years behind, way cheaper!

ps
I can easily afford dual high end cards but I wont be scammed.

There is a need for more Graphics horsepower... from both teams - There are more 240Hz Monitors coming and need to have better min. frame rates... If/when we see a Black/super Ti and Titan (odds are) its only going to be a refresh with little in the way of new features.

Acer Nitro XV273X with World’s First 240Hz (27") IPS Panel

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/acer-nitro-xv273x-with-worlds-first-240hz-ips-panel/
Its gonna need a jump in CPU performance as well!

Last edited:
This had better be a 2080ti with a performance boost, double the RTX performance and a 35%+ decrease in price.
Then I will bite.
If not I'm waiting for next gen, nothing this gen is worth the money.
Next gen might not be either but it cant be as bad as this years cards.
And if they dont bring the price down, high end PC gaming might get dropped as a hobby.
I'll likely game 2 years behind, way cheaper!

ps
I can easily afford dual high end cards but I wont be scammed.

Its gonna need a jump in CPU performance as well!

Sounds like you’re dropping the hobby then. Transistors cost the same if not more at 7nm. There’s no magical price drop coming.

They'll overclock it for 10% more performance and charge $1499.

Or just paint the cards black, throw on some RGB effects and charge $1499 from them. :D ;)

Sounds like you’re dropping the hobby then. Transistors cost the same if not more at 7nm. There’s no magical price drop coming.

There is also no magical customers coming with those no magical price drops also.

Or just paint the cards black, throw on some RGB effects and charge $1499 from them. :D ;)

There is also no magical customers coming with those no magical price drops also.

I don’t think nVidia’s financial reality supports your claim. IIRC they have the same gross margin (60%) and revenue with Turing as they did prior, ignoring the last mining boom.

Last edited:
Such is life, but perception is key.
They need to present it in a way that makes it reasonable and comfortable, and found to be truthful in the longterm.
None such attempt has been made.
A lower performance break at a much higher price doesnt cut it with no foundation.

Such is life, but perception is key.
They need to present it in a way that makes it reasonable and comfortable, and found to be truthful in the longterm.
None such attempt has been made.
A lower performance break at a much higher price doesnt cut it with no foundation.

With Intel entering the market there’s more likelihood they’ll cut into their precious margins, so there’s that.

I don’t blame anyone for waiting.

Back