2080 super not working with yamaha rx-v6 Receiver

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Ok. So yeah. What's up with nvidia audio? Hdmi out, correct port, into my new receiver. Shows the receiver in windows under sounds but not connected. It's enabled. Is there known issues with this or a step by step? My google search hasn't helped. Should just work right? Win 10and drivers up to date.

Ok. So yeah. What's up with nvidia audio? Hdmi out, correct port, into my new receiver. Shows the receiver in windows under sounds but not connected. It's enabled. Is there known issues with this or a step by step? My google search hasn't helped. Should just work right? Win 10and drivers up to date.
And you installed the hdmi audio driver also?

My pc was having issues restarting(was stuck in a loop) until I unplugged the hdmi from the mobo. I then tried it again with my 2080 and nothing is detected. It did detect the receiver initially but would not play sounds. I get a test tone with the receiver by itself though. I would just say f it and get the new sound blaster coming out tomorrow. Except that I have two subwoofers.

For nvidia or the mobo? I didn't know there was a separate hdmi.
It looks like it's integrated now to the main driver. Check that hdmi audio is enabled in the settings. Also, disable fast startup when you install the drivers or at least shut down with shift pressed.

Says no audio capable display avail. Receiver not listed in the sounds window either. Hell. Not even optical works with this receiver. Just going to return it. Just going to get the new creative and figure a work around for dual subs. I guess a splitter.

Yeah. That receiver is messed up. Plugged an old receiver into the optical out and it worked fine.

PITA

Yeah. That receiver is messed up. Plugged an old receiver into the optical out and it worked fine.

PITA
Maybe the new receiver has some digital copy protection bullshit, in that case you won't be able to get audio without a device that emulates a display between the amp and the GPU.

I had it hooked up into my monitor. I had a menu from the receiver up. It was probably so e goofy compatibility bs. I have an old denon x1400 running now. Going to try a newer model when I can find a good deal. I got the x1400 for $100 shipped lol. Not expecting that again.

I had it hooked up into my monitor. I had a menu from the receiver up. It was probably so e goofy compatibility bs. I have an old denon x1400 running now. Going to try a newer model when I can find a good deal. I got the x1400 for $100 shipped lol. Not expecting that again.

Did you select HDMI out on the nVidia control panel?

IMG_8935.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. It gave me a not connected or some such error. Greyed out. Even though it was plugged into the receiver.

Back