2060 as a fully capable RT card.

demondrops

Limp Gawd
Someone posted a vid on reddit showcasing 2060 RT capabilities on 1080p as a true 60 fps avg. card

I flat out said RT is a scam, and only 2080ti is a true RT card, and even then i would have some issues saying it is a true RT card, as no game really utilize all the RT features and a console game like read dead 2 can, on console even showcase these kind of graphics. And downvotes are flowing.

I can barely maintain metro exodus 70 fps avg. max on 1440p, and they want to say 2060 is a good RT card. Am i really that wrong, now i think im asking the wrong croud. Cause vibe i got here is really that RT is a bit hype however good it can be in like metro exodus, u still pay premium on fps. It dont add RT as a feature but it scavenge non RT performance and with use of RT it get both at a cost, where those RT cores should add it as a feature and not a cost to non RT performance, or taking something from RT performance that is. Is it really wrong of me to think this way?

It's like resolution dont matter more, RT dont increase graphics in any way, it just make it look better. So you shouldnt really loose non RT peformance and still pay more for it. U get RT that scavenge on non RT performance to just run RT.

they prety much say to cannibalize on rasterisation performance, to achieve RT performance is a good deal.. it would be if u didnt have to.

Last edited:
Hm yeah it is some form of habbit for me, i open my can and worms come out. I would buy a 5700 xt too if i was in that price range TBH :p I said il get a 1080ti any day over a 2080 card also, non super. that was apparently a joke also, or i was. so their argument was u can get a 2080 with same rasterisation performance as a 1080ti but it was worth the upgrade. i rather get my rasterisation upgrade and RT if anything.

Nvidia is scamming hard enough as it is anyway. I mean, they can literally take a 2080ti core and disable cores on it and sell it as a 2060. and then tell me u wont feel scammed getting a 2060 card.

Reactions: noko
like this
Someone posted a vid on reddit showcasing 2060 RT capabilities on 1080p as a true 60 fps avg. card

I flat out said RT is a scam, and only 2080ti is a true RT card, and even then i would have some issues saying it is a true RT card, as no game really utilize all the RT features and a console game like read dead 2 can, on console even showcase these kind of graphics. And downvotes are flowing.

I can barely maintain metro exodus 70 fps avg. max on 1440p, and they want to say 2060 is a good RT card. Am i really that wrong, now i think im asking the wrong croud. Cause vibe i got here is really that RT is a bit hype however good it can be in like metro exodus, u still pay premium on fps. It dont add RT as a feature but it scavenge non RT performance and with use of RT it get both at a cost, where those RT cores should add it as a feature and not a cost to non RT performance, or taking something from RT performance that is. Is it really wrong of me to think this way?

It's like resolution dont matter more, RT dont increase graphics in any way, it just make it look better. So you shouldnt really loose non RT peformance and still pay more for it. U get RT that scavenge on non RT performance to just run RT.

they prety much say to cannibalize on rasterisation performance, to achieve RT performance is a good deal.. it would be if u didnt have to.
Might want to cite the YT video in question. Would be much easier to understand what you are a reacting to.

I haven't seen DLSS with the new sharpening filter. Hopefully the IQ is finally up to par.
If that's so, then the 2060 could be said to do 1080p/60 raytracing
(except its really more like 720p because of the upscaling) :p:p;);)

Nvidia is scamming hard enough as it is anyway. I mean, they can literally take a 2080ti core and disable cores on it and sell it as a 2060. and then tell me u wont feel scammed getting a 2060 card.

If this is really what you think happens (them doing that kind of thing to "scam" you), then of course peple are going to laugh at you.

Come back when you're sober.

Like the RX5700 and 5700XT? I mean I love nvidia, but you can't deny the value of the Navi cards.
I wanted to go team red for my gpu. I have a 3900x and a nice x570 mobo. But the gpu’s from AMD can’t compete with nvidia when it comes to my high refresh 1440p monitor.

I’m not as concerned about value, as I can just plain needing the horse power to get it done. And AMD right now just do not have a card on the market that can do it well enough.

I wanted to go team red for my gpu. I have a 3900x and a nice x570 mobo. But the gpu’s from AMD can’t compete with nvidia when it comes to my high refresh 1440p monitor.

I’m not as concerned about value, as I can just plain needing the horse power to get it done. And AMD right now just do not have a card on the market that can do it well enough.

I think his point is that both of those cards are demonstrably better than a 2060. They are. But a 2060 also isnt something to consider for a high refresh 1440p system. That's 2070 Super and higher territory.

I think his point is that both of those cards are demonstrably better than a 2060. They are. But a 2060 also isnt something to consider for a high refresh 1440p system. That's 2070 Super and higher territory.

More like 2080 Super and higher territory. The 2070 Super is marginally faster than the 5700XT.

1080p with around 65-75 average fps? No thanks. It might be good for people who have those monitors but the dips might be a bit low.

If you really want RT just do it and get something that will allow you the full experience. So far there have not been many games that can really use it.
I do not include fast paced games since you would have to be basically not playing the game and sitting there staring at the scenery.

1080p with around 65-75 average fps? No thanks. It might be good for people who have those monitors but the dips might be a bit low.

If you really want RT just do it and get something that will allow you the full experience. So far there have not been many games that can really use it.
I do not include fast paced games since you would have to be basically not playing the game and sitting there staring at the scenery.

I disagree with the notion that better lighting doesn’t matter in fast paced games. There are obvious things like seeing reflections around corners that will make a huge difference to tactical awareness.

Then there’s the fact that as we get used to better lighting our ability to notice inferior implementations will improve even when running and gunning at light speed.

I really dislike the notion that we shouldn’t improve things that suck just because we’re used to the suckage.

I disagree with the notion that better lighting doesn’t matter in fast paced games. There are obvious things like seeing reflections around corners that will make a huge difference to tactical awareness.

Then there’s the fact that as we get used to better lighting our ability to notice inferior implementations will improve even when running and gunning at light speed.

I really dislike the notion that we shouldn’t improve things that suck just because we’re used to the suckage.
That is why I said fast paced game. ;)

my 2070 runs RT enabled games at a more than acceptable frame rate at 1080p. Even runs at 2160p if I lock the refresh rate to frame rate (30fps is more than smooth enough for me)

Back