2048mb of pure TCCD goodness

and?

edit: crappers, I just noticed you dont have an A64 :D. Does intel have the same 4xx512MB = PC2700 deal taht A64's do?

Viper87227 said:
and?

edit: crappers, I just noticed you dont have an A64 :D. Does intel have the same 4xx512MB = PC2700 deal taht A64's do?
no....

Congratulations, i just upgraded from 512MB to 1024MB and it gave my programs/games a nice boost, cant imagine the boost of another 1024MB :D

OldMX

won't do much for games. Some RAM heavy apps it will help.

games not much and there are alot of boards out there that have problems driving 4x512 sticks of RAM.

Shapeshifter said:
any company selling 1gb sticks that are TCCD?

I dont think there is, I have seen it. To my knowledge TCCD only has 256 and 512 flavors.

PClark99 said:
won't do much for games. Some RAM heavy apps it will help.

games not much and there are alot of boards out there that have problems driving 4x512 sticks of RAM.
Thanks! You answered my question. So far all I do is HL2 and Far Cry; I was wondering if another gig would eke out some extra performance, so I guess it won't. However, if I was going to run SolidWorks (some heavy duty engineering app), would I need 2 gigs of RAM?

Thanks.

Solidworks by itself doesn't need 2GB, but depending on what you're working on in the program, it could get that high. Just open up the biggest project you have and check on your memory usage in Task Manager. If you're physical RAM is nearly used up, then yea, upgrading your RAM would make sense.

1). Not same problem as a64 (maybe). a64 has onboard memory controller, which downgrades 4 doubled sided pc3200 sticks to pc 2700 (also, single sided chips are v. rare so don't bother). HOWEVER intel has an offboard on the motherboard memory controller, so it depends on the mobo (however all new ones will be fine)

2). TCCD has now stopped production, and they only do 256mb / 512mb. However 2048 mb of value 3338 or 3448 ram is like 2fps in games.

3). You don't need 2gig ram for solid works. it may improve speed a bit, but not much.
hope this helped
f

Back