2022 Black Friday Cyber Monday Holiday Deals

This is like the first time I can remember when I had no desire to purchase anything.
Exactly how I feel. However, if I start surfing through deals, I'll end up suddenly needing to buy something.

This is like the first time I can remember when I had no desire to purchase anything.

It's like this most BF it seems or don't have an immediate need till after BF/CM ends, ugh. I look out for things that I may use down the road, namely gift card deals for dining out. Travel deals were good for CM last year with Jet Blue so I'll be keeping an eye on it again.

I ended up getting one of the doorbuster GMMK Pro barebones kits, since I have one already and I love it, wanted to get one for work to replace my GMMK v1. Other than that, I picked up a Deco mesh system and a Fire Stick 4K Max.

Picked up a Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Signature 32gb. On sale for $129, down from $189. Been meaning to pick up an ereader for a while now.

Y'all are crazy. Call it inflation or whatever but I've yet to really see a deal this black friday. Maybe next year.
Actually Black Friday is mostly a way for retailers to try and sell the crap that hasn't sold all year along with 1% of fantastic deals that gets enough buying frenzy that sells the other crap.

Actually Black Friday is mostly a way for retailers to try and sell the crap that hasn't sold all year along with 1% of fantastic deals that gets enough buying frenzy that sells the other crap.
Pretty much... no one wants to buy TCL or similar brand TVs the rest of the year they want brand names like Samsung, LG, Sony etc. but oh hey you got that TCL reduced to $199? What a deal!

Pretty much... no one wants to buy TCL or similar brand TVs the rest of the year they want brand names like Samsung, LG, Sony etc. but oh hey you got that TCL reduced to $199? What a deal!
as cheap as tcls are, I am reluctant to give a made in China smart tv access to my wifi password

Last year Cyber Monday had some better deals. Seems to be the case in recent years.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I have no desire to get anything this year.... I have my pc stuff pretty well covered / audio stuff covered....do not have any room for more stuff anyways... I have no idea what to ask for from my wife or family. The deals I have seen have all left me fairly underwhelmed so far... but it may also just not really needing or wanting to upgrade anything at the moment...

What's the best deal anyone's seen on an internal 4TB 2.5" SSD that would be good for use as a storage drive for many years?

Crucial MX500 at $270. Best I've ever seen a good 4TB 2.5" SSD. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6481715.p?skuId=6481715

What's the best deal anyone's seen on an internal 4TB 2.5" SSD that would be good for use as a storage drive for many years?

Wait why not just go for the 4tb nvme m.2? The price? or no additional m.2 slots? I can't see myself but another 2.5 ssd ever again. My board does have 4 physical m.2 slots though unless you have no m.2 slots at all that would be the only reason I could see not getting an nvme m.2 drive.

Wait why not just go for the 4tb nvme m.2? The price? or no additional m.2 slots? I can't see myself but another 2.5 ssd ever again. My board does have 4 physical m.2 slots though unless you have no m.2 slots at all that would be the only reason I could see not getting an nvme m.2 drive.
That’s the way. SN850X 4TB was $375 @ WD. Worth the $100 easily for me. Can’t go back to crap hanging off SATA.

I see all these deals, is there any way the VidCard market has become more rational? Any deals that are in the less than $500 range? Seems like all the 2000 and 3000 series nVidia cards are price jacked or non existent. Thanks!

-Chris

I see all these deals, is there any way the VidCard market has become more rational? Any deals that are in the less than $500 range? Seems like all the 2000 and 3000 series nVidia cards are price jacked or non existent. Thanks!

-Chris

Most of these "deals" are crap that stores were already trying to get rid of. That's the complete polar opposite of the videocard market at the moment.

Most of these "deals" are crap that stores were already trying to get rid of. That's the complete polar opposite of the videocard market at the moment.
Never seen so many blems, b-stock, certified, shit-is-broke, etc sales this year. On everything.

That’s the way. SN850X 4TB was $375 @ WD. Worth the $100 easily for me. Can’t go back to crap hanging off SATA.
Damn. I wish I got the sn850x 4tb instead of the 980pro2tb. I had a 60 gift card for best buy and they didn't have anything except the 980pro. Then I bring it home and read people complain about write cache and sectors failing. Although it has thousands and thousands of 5 star reviews on Amazon so I wonder if this is the case just like the Nvidia adapter issues where there is like 100 out of 100,000 which is normal and it has a 5 year warranty but I still don't wanna deal with any issues. I am tempted to return it and get the sn850x which I originally. Dag nab it!!!

Yeah, it mostly comes down to price. I'm buying some parts ahead of my planned Zen 4 X3D build, and I've already bought two 2TB Hynix P41 drives in the last few days (for OS, apps, games, music), which I didn't expect to do. I'm thinking I probably won't get a better deal on a storage drive between now and Z4X3D's release than I will right now. A 2.5" drive is also more portable, if it's needed.

I don't yet know which motherboard I'll buy, so I can't be sure it'll have more than two m.2 slots. I also don't think a storage drive, as I use it, will benefit from m.2 speeds, beyond the initial copying over of my files from my current 2TB storage HDD. If I found an m.2 drive at basically the same price, I might be tempted to get it. The cheapest one I see is this Crucial P3 Plus for $300 USD: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Plus-PCIe-NAND-5000MB/dp/B0B25M8FXX/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Never seen so many blems, b-stock, certified, shit-is-broke, etc sales this year. On everything.

Black Friday always had that. Frys in the early 2000s was fun, a mix of good stuff but a lot of low end crap. Lots of off brand stuff. I got a free off brand PS2 controller that worked fine. In a lot of the cases it is the stuff you weren't looking for that you could get for cheap. I got a USB splitter/extender 15 or so years ago I think for $2. I still use it to this day, mainly for positioning for things like an Xbox controller when in use and because my HOTAS USB cables can't reach the back of my PC easily.

So don't get my hopes up? Thanks, I thought I was missing something.

I keep looking for deals on X670E boards, but all I see are price increases and out of stock notices.

I can buy a 7900X for way less than the board I wanted with it... if it were in stock. 🙄

I keep looking for deals on X670E boards, but all I see are price increases and out of stock notices.

I can buy a 7900X for way less than the board I wanted with it... if it were in stock. 🙄
Out of curiosity any reason you're set on the highest of high end boards? That said, yeah 7900x for less than a board to put it in, yikes.

If you are near a Microcenter, this HP factory refurbished Omen gaming laptop is pretty decent for $900:
Microcenter Omen Deal

HP OMEN Special Edition 16b-b0005dx 16.1" Gaming Laptop Computer (Refurbished) - White Intel Core i7 11th Gen 11800H 2.3GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 1TB Solid State Drive​

I grabbed one and was actually surprised how nice it was. The microcenter guys opened up two of them (without me even asking) to let me cherry pick, but they both looked great.

Evga did a complete 180 with cyber Monday they couldnt get rid of refirbished cards probably used for mining that they ctually raised prices on their bstock prices

Evga did a complete 180 with cyber Monday they couldnt get rid of refirbished cards probably used for mining that they ctually raised prices on their bstock prices
GPU pricing is on the rise, again. NVIDIA played the situation perfectly (well, considering that they caused it, initially - not perfect - but after that flub they've been masterful).

Damn. I wish I got the sn850x 4tb instead of the 980pro2tb. I had a 60 gift card for best buy and they didn't have anything except the 980pro. Then I bring it home and read people complain about write cache and sectors failing. Although it has thousands and thousands of 5 star reviews on Amazon so I wonder if this is the case just like the Nvidia adapter issues where there is like 100 out of 100,000 which is normal and it has a 5 year warranty but I still don't wanna deal with any issues. I am tempted to return it and get the sn850x which I originally. Dag nab it!!!
I've got 3 980 Pro's I've been using for almost 2 years now.
this one here was used for Chia plotting and has almost 1PB reads and writes to it and it still shows 56% life left and still runs good as a data drive, although it's currently empty as I don't use the PC it's installed in much.
Samsung-980-Pro-56-percent-Chia.jpg

this one here was used for Chia plotting and has almost 1PB reads and writes to it and it still shows 56% life left and still runs good as a data drive, although it's currently empty as I don't use the PC it's installed in much.
View attachment 530249
980 Pros are awesome. I have at least 6 of them in 2TB config. The SN850X is just better and - 4TB. Excited for the 990 Pro 4TB!

GPU pricing is on the rise, again. NVIDIA played the situation perfectly (well, considering that they caused it, initially - not perfect - but after that flub they've been masterful).
I do wonder how many potential customers they lost to team red with this plan of theirs, AMD cards all cut in price and you'd have a very hard time arguing that dollar for dollar AMD cards are by in large the much better value in everything except ray tracing.

I do wonder how many potential customers they lost to team red with this plan of theirs, AMD cards all cut in price and you'd have a very hard time arguing that dollar for dollar AMD cards are by in large the much better value in everything except ray tracing.
I can't consider an AMD card anymore. Back in the 980 Pro days they were amazing.. I have tried many in the years since and their drivers just suck. The last AMD cards I tried were 5700 and a 5700XT and I would get black/blank screen issues all the time, would just randomly go black and come back on after a few seconds. I have a 1080ti in that PC now and no issues whatsoever after swapping. Problem was way worse on the previous AMD cards I had years prior. AMD needs to get the software more polished, maybe it is now? I dunno and I won't find out any time soon.

I can't consider an AMD card anymore. Back in the 980 Pro days they were amazing.. I have tried many in the years since and their drivers just suck. The last AMD cards I tried were 5700 and a 5700XT and I would get black/blank screen issues all the time, would just randomly go black and come back on after a few seconds. I have a 1080ti in that PC now and no issues whatsoever after swapping. Problem was way worse on the previous AMD cards I had years prior. AMD needs to get the software more polished, maybe it is now? I dunno and I won't find out any time soon.
Yuuuup. Happened to me with my 6900 XT. Lots of issues, unfortunately. AMD isn't an angel, either. $1,000 consumer GPUs are still in their space.

View attachment 530249
So what you're saying is us 980 pro owners have nothing to worry about? And that those block section failures are few and far between? And they are using scare tactics on us lol

I got a 980 Pro as my OS drive since Feb 21, no problems here, do a lot of UHD remux/encode/Photoshop cache drive work on it constantly

So what you're saying is us 980 pro owners have nothing to worry about? And that those block section failures are few and far between? And they are using scare tactics on us lol
No, I am saying I have 3 and used the crap out of one of them and they all still work great.

I went from Nvidia to AMD with the 5850 and then 7970 and those were awesome cards for the price. I actually traded my 2 year old GTX 285 for the 5850, friend needed it for Premiere Pro so I gave him my 285 and he ordered me an XFX 5850.
Went back to Nvidia with the GTX 980 in 2014.

No, I am saying I have 3 and used the crap out of one of them and they all still work great.
I was just joking lol.

That's good news though. Thanks I may end up keeping it. I feel like the failures are very few.

Back