2019 WCG Christmas Race Challenge Thread

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=9746

This year it is from 12/1 - 12/25. All sub-projects are included as well as being based on points as they have in years past. For those wanting to bunker, you can start now.

MIP - no wingmen necessary unless your host has yet to be flagged as reliable.
SCC - has no work right now.
HSTB - This project runs out of work units quick and also requires wingmen.
FAAH2 - No winmen necessary unless your host has yet to be flagged as reliable. Constant internet connection may be necessary.
MCM - The project requires wingmen.
ARP - The project requires wingmen - really long work units

Deadlines:
HSTB - 10 days
ARP - 7 days
MIP - 10 days
FAH2 - ~1 day?
MCM - 7 days
SCC - currently no work

Last edited:
So that means any of them on the list when you go to WCG and add a project?

And of those sub projects yes will qualify. They are not limiting it to any specific one.

And of those sub projects yes will qualify. They are not limiting it to any specific one.
Excellent! Any of them GPU based? I have 2 1080ti's(3 if I put my main comp on) and 4 1060 6gb's that are on a mining rig, not being used. I have not installed the old 5960x in the cabinet yet for cpu power.

Hopefully this started at 12am UTC because I'm getting ready to dump. I have a number of work units which will pass the deadline if I don't.

you should hopefully have a little bit of extra time. I don't think they will immediately cancel your task on the deadline unless you have not started it already. i have successfully returned results a few days past the deadline before but yeah you don't want work to go to wast thats for sure.

Back