Yes. Ill say this about mining. Ive run hundreds of gpu's since 2017 (personally and for clients) and never had one fail as a result of mining or seen any measurable degradation in performance. I have cards still running that are 4 years old without a needing a fan or thermal paste replacement. I always run my cards cool, and keep them clean with compressed air every couple weeks.

Also, after the last ~2 years of decent profitability, I wouldn't even question it. Just assume every used GPU was mined on. Ive seen the gaming community justify buying scalped cards by telling people "just buy it and mine on Nicehash when it's idle to help pay for the card".

But I get it. People are still skeptical and no amount of evidence would change their mind about mined cards. To be fair, Ive bought some used cards that were absolutely trashed by a miner that abused them (never cleaned, run in a very dirty and humid environment, etc). My cards are run cool and clean, and you'd never know they were mined on if I didn't tell you.

Check my heat as well. Almost every gpu Ive sold have been mined on and not one person has mentioned that they're in poor condition, run hot, had issues, etc etc. Id make the argument that frequent heat cycling from gaming is more damaging than a properly undervolted, maintained, and cooled mining gpu, but I digress.

/end rant
Agreed, across the board 👍🏻

Back