2017 WCG X-mas Race

Yeah, and your bunkering held up a bunch of my MCM tasks I think, so even though I didn't actually bunker, thanks to you guys I did. Laziness FTW :D

Which ever projects floats your boat for now. When we get closer to the end, I would switch to which ever projects are the shortest. However, you may see different points pay out from different sub projects. It does fluctuate, so no hard rule.

I find the lack of updates for this race / challenge at the WCG website to be... disturbing. Hmpf.

So here's how the teams stacked up based on results from yesterday; don't believe IBM or Marist College are taking part in this event, so we're sitting pretty at the moment.

WCG_XMAS_2017_004.jpg

WCG_XMAS_2017_001.jpg

And, for shits and giggles, here are my stats from WCG themselves.

WCG_XMAS_2017_002.jpg

WCG_XMAS_2017_003.jpg

Dang, I was hoping to sneak into a top 10 spot with my little bunker.
On the flipside I should be happy we have so many other members who could contribute more than I did?

/bittersweet :D
I didn't find out about bunkering till 7pm the day and time the event started. New to this.

Yeah, I didn't understand bunkering until it was too late too.

On a side note: are tablets and phones worthwhile? Right now I've got 3 android phones (S6Edge+, S7 and Note 8) and 3 tablets (old Nexus 7, old Samsung Tab 8" and a Samsung Tab A 10") . I figured this time around I would throw everything I had - on top of my PCs - just to see if they were worth it for future events.

Everything helps. I have my phone and tablet crunching.

I find the lack of updates for this race / challenge at the WCG website to be... disturbing. Hmpf.

So here's how the teams stacked up based on results from yesterday; don't believe IBM or Marist College are taking part in this event, so we're sitting pretty at the moment.

WCG_XMAS_2017_001.jpg

nice to see a newbie name like me, there.. =). my little bunker did something good after all.

Tablets and phones actually tend to be more efficient from an electricity stand point per work unit. I have several cheap phones dedicated to DC'ing.

As of the free-dc stats web site last update they've gained ~1M points on us today.

I'm really, really kicking myself for not getting a chance to bunker while on vacation. May have been worth ~15+M if I could've. Oh well, if wishes were fishes and all that. :oops:

looking at daily totals, which may not be all day today, China has 140k more. So looks plausible we could hang on but prob need more running just in case.

Wait I forgot the late bunker guy... so maybe we definitely need more.

That's 140k BOINC... Which is almost 1M WCG points.

I am making slooooow progress on my new office. However, I am gonna try to somehow manage 3 more quad core systems.

If you're looking at the free-dc stats site (or any site other than wcg) they go by BOINC points. 1 BOINC point equals 7 WCG point. We are almost 10M WCG points ahead of them. So if our daily output today was 140k BOINC points behind them, that means its close to 1M WCG points.

If you're looking at the free-dc stats site (or any site other than wcg) they go by BOINC points. 1 BOINC point equals 7 WCG point. We are almost 10M WCG points ahead of them. So if our daily output today was 140k BOINC points behind them, that means its close to 1M WCG points.
OK got it.

You seem to be the go-to-guy for info, so... is there a way to see how many members are contributing on a team? Like how many for HardOCP have results just for this contest. Same for Team China.

Edit: Looking non-scientifically we pull 15m a day, Team China 18-20m a day, looking at the normal days.

Is there a way to see a ranking and totaling of users submitting work for the current challenge on the team?

Not really. You can use those third party sites to kind of estimate what everyone is contributing. Just remember to multiply those numbers by 7 to get WCG points.

To filter the stats would require someone to collect the stats before the challenge and compare them during the challenge. Otherwise, there are no pages set up just for each challenge. Perhaps in the future an H member will set t hose up.

Spent ~2 hours troubleshooting a network issue at the house. Nothing would connect to the Internet. Luckily all my boxen had plenty of work in the queue, so I don't think I lost any time. Was an unintentional bunker basically. Hopefully I don't run into anymore issues with that before I completely move out of that place.

Spent ~2 hours troubleshooting a network issue at the house. Nothing would connect to the Internet. Luckily all my boxen had plenty of work in the queue, so I don't think I lost any time. Was an unintentional bunker basically. Hopefully I don't run into anymore issues with that before I completely move out of that place.

No harm, no foul.

Ok, positive and negatives.

Get the negatives out of the way first. With 100 against 350+ it is an uphill battle.

Positives= looks like overall (not the contest but all) we are going to take 35th. (tomorrow maybe)

I ran this a bit again last night...good for testing overclocks I guess, before with the birthday thing it crashed my machine but I bumped things down a bit and I think it's stable now.

Back